Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Is Shanks the world's strongest man?

If you look at Shank's portrayal and stopping 3 of the strongest characters in the manga, on top of is extremely high influence in world affairs, it's hard to look at all this and say he's not a serious contender.

"B-but Mihawk is the world's strongest-"

Yes, we're all familiar with the argument. But it's really the only argument against it, in contrast to all the supporting evidence.

Furthermore - the implication of this argument isn't that Shanks is weak, it's that Mihawk is stronger than all the Yonkou and Akainu as well, that he is actually a contender for the world's strongest man. And that simply seems incompatible with his portrayal, and inevitable defeat at the hands of Shiryuu.

Let's put this to bed once and for all, Shanks > Mihawk

if its one on one...

We just don´t know.

Shanks, BB, Kaidou, IM, Akainu, Big Mom, Dragon... even Mihawk although I doubt it. We don´t know but if I had to guess I´d say the strongest is either Kaidou or BB

agree with ultra

shanks > mihawk
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

We don't know how Shanks was able to match WB and Kaidou. Akainu was already beat up when Shanks caught him slipping.

Shanks was able to stop WB with one arm, but that doesn't mean he's stronger. He just has "Something Else" that allows him to match guys who are stronger than he is.

I imagine Roger also had a similar ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,

If Mihawk clashed with prime Whitebeard using a sword, woulf Mihawk win due to being the world's strongest swordsman?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    If you look at Shank's portrayal and stopping 3 of the strongest characters in the manga, on top of is extremely high influence in world affairs, it's hard to look at all this and say he's not a serious contender.

"B-but Mihawk is the world's strongest-"

Yes, we're all familiar with the argument. But it's really the only argument against it, in contrast to all the supporting evidence.

Furthermore - the implication of this argument isn't that Shanks is weak, it's that Mihawk is stronger than all the Yonkou and Akainu as well, that he is actually a contender for the world's strongest man. And that simply seems incompatible with his portrayal, and inevitable defeat at the hands of Shiryuu.

Let's put this to bed once and for all, Shanks > Mihawk
    I agree with Shanks>Mihawk but it is clear as day Kaido is the strongest right now

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    If Mihawk clashed with prime Whitebeard using a sword, woulf Mihawk win due to being the world's strongest swordsman?
    Of course not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgot My Password Again View Post
    I agree with Shanks>Mihawk but it is clear as day Kaido is the strongest right now
    Kaidou is a meme

He is the worlds strongest one armed man, thats his title

There is no supporting evidence for this idea.

He might be the the most powerful man in terms of influence and resources, though. His crew definitely seems better than Big Mom’s.
    No.​

There is no supporting evidence for this idea.

He might be the the most powerful man in terms of influence and resources, though. His crew definitely seems better than Big Mom’s.
    You're wrong

Mihawk>Shanks

- - - Updated - - -

Kaidoh>Shanks

- - - Updated - - -

BB>Shanks

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon>Shanks

Im sure Oda was thinking, hey lets write Mihawk as the worlds strongest swordsman so I can make things needlessly complicated later on with the real secret message being Shanks is stronger than him. This is what happens when grown ass men, try to over analyze a manga directed at kids. Oda isn't writing the Da Vinci Code here Ultra, he made it plain and simple for his target audience to understand. Mihawk is stronger than Shanks

Shanks is the worlds strongest sandal man

bro wym mihawk has sword

shanks has sword

mihawk has wss tittle

mihawk>shanks

u dum dum

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Im sure Oda was thinking, hey lets write Mihawk as the worlds strongest swordsman so I can make things needlessly complicated later on with the real secret message being Shanks is stronger than him. This is what happens when grown ass men, try to over analyze a manga directed at kids. Oda isn't writing the Da Vinci Code here Ultra, he made it plain and simple for his target audience to understand. Mihawk is stronger than Shanks
    How much you wanna bet

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    How much you wanna bet
    Let's be honest, with the pace at Oda is going, this bet won't be solved for another 10 years.

Consider it's been 8 years since Part 2 of OP started.

Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Let's be honest, with the pace at Oda is going, this bet won't be solved for another 10 years.

Consider it's been 8 years since Part 2 of OP started.

Good, pops will be in diapers by the time he gets the bad news, and he'll need them

Helmeppo is the WSM.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Rurouni Kenshin is aimed at the same age group as One Piece. Kenshin holds the title of the strongest fighter period. Is Kenshin stronger than Hiko Seijuro?

I'd say without their captains the Whitebeards would be slightly stronger than the Red-Hairs and with their captains they'd be significantly stronger.
    It's pretty obvious no Emperor was a real threat to Whitebeard. He just had too much power and influence.
    Raigou apparently can't even destroy an island, which Whitebeard can do easily.
    Obviously it was because of Whitebeard, but the crew even without the captain is still highly exceptional. If you take away the captains, the Whitebeard's would beat any Emperor crew decisively.
    Vista can fight Whitebeard,