Zenou

Crispickle

Ouki
    Moubu
    Gyou'un
    Akou
    Mouten
    Raido

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to fight a battle he can't be sure of winning or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Shin and Ten or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do independent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.

Voting Rules

_ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon.
    _ Non-players are welcome to vote as well.
    _ Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold.
    _ You can't vote for a draw.
    _ Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them.
    _ The players involved in the battle can't vote.

Map and Battle Terms

The teams are going to face off in this map:

A land cut in 3 parts by a Y shaped river. The sides where the armies spawn are flat grasslands with occasional woods, while the northeast part features a wild elevation delimited by cliffs. The river is crossable in multiple points thanks to shallows (smaller and larger ones) and stone bridges. (map url: https://i.imgur.com/0uJlBVl.jpg - credits to gn_x00)

Each army counts 150k men.
    The map's edge takes approximately 2 days of march to travel for regular armies.

Drex is blue, Crispickle is red.

Wincon: defeat your opponent's army or achieve an advantageous stalemate.

Strategy Layout

Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion and abilities. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.

Drex's last minute mash-up.

Quote Originally Posted by DreX
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    map: https://imgur.com/a/dmGgJhN

Employment
    :
    *Riboku
    *Gohoumei
    *Kyouen
    *Kaishibou
    *Shin
    *Zenou
    *(two small archery unit on my southern island at the bridge-end and at the shallow passage connecting the Northern with southern island, indicated by black stains)

Strategy:
    The aim of my strategy is quite simple; capture the hill no matter the price and avoid unnecessary clashes.

The bulk of my army will head straightaway to the eastern island, with over 136,000 men, using the shortest route. Meanwhile, a small detachment of 10,000 beasts under Zeno’s lead will mask themselves as they move to the forest behind me and lie there in wait; these guys will ambush any forces crossing to my southern island, and in other words, watch out for the main army's back, or move across the bridge to the Northern island is no enemies are defending the bridge. Otherwise, they'll reinforce my main army at/near the hill late as the war develops. Another very small two archery unit very small 2000 Kyoeun archery units (instructed by Kyoueun but without Kyouen himself) will defend the shore and the bridge on my island (aka bait that would lure Zeno out).

As for my main army, it split into two as soon as they cross the river to the eastern island, GHM will head straight up the hill and capture it with 36,000 men while Riboku and the rest will block the incoming forces from the Northern island aiming for the hill - and that's his top priority -

Riboku shall split his forces to ensure no enemy will bypass him to the hill; He and Kashibo will defend the shallow passage to the island while Kyoueu such that he and Kashibo will block the shore near with 60,000 and Kyoeun will cover up the bridge beside it with Shin and 40,000 men. The employment in these two armies is subjected to change according to the pressure at either side, They will fight in coordination and work together to give GHM enough time for fortifying the hill.

Instructions:

Riboku:

* Plan out tactics to defend the hill dissolve Ouki and/or Moubu's respective armies and contain them for as long as possible.
    * Spell out Zeno's plan to him such that he ambush the enemy's back successfully and be of a help in the bind.

GHM:
    * Simply capture his hill, and might even detach his army or use any of his inventions to do so & hold the enemies from interrupting him.

Kyoeun:
    * Snipe down Moubu or Ouki while he's busy engaging with Shin or Kaishibou.
    * Prevent the enemies from crossing to the eastern island with a rain of arrows, and might distribute his archery units between himself and Riboku for this purpose.

Kaishibou:
    * Might flank, ambush, bait Moubu all for holding him down.
    * Be Riboku's right arm or Kyouen's copartner to take down one of the big fishes.

Zeno:
    * Ambush the enemy's back at one of the routes drawn in my map with the aim to simply inflict utter destruction.
    * Calm the fuck down until its time for his role.

Shin:
    * Go against Gyou'un ( if near) with the aim to hold him down.
    * Otherwise do whatever Riboko or Kyou'un ask from him.

Crispickle's well-cooked approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle
    Deployamml

Control Army (pink)
    Ouki 60k men

Offense Army (red)
    Gyouun 35k men
    Raido 5k men

Flanking Army (yellow)
    Akou 20k men

Hammer Army (blue)
    Moubu 30k men
    Mouten serving under

Strategimml

Entire force but the Hammer Army mobilizes to capture a foothold in the northeast land. Done that, the wings (Offense and Hammer) will advance through the bridges and pour a massive offensive on two fronts, with Ouki's Control Army handling reinforcements and guarding the central shallows.

Instructiamml

Gyouun
    _ Lead the offensive through the shallows and conquer a foothold in the northeast land.
    _ Advance towards the enemy's side and lead a large scale offensive in combination with moubu.

Raido
    _ Act as Gyouun's vanguard during the first operation. Then follow his orders for the remainder of the battle.

Akou
    _ Lead a flanking attack through the northern bridge (reminder the detour and the shallows crossing take approximately the same time) and join Gyouun at his position.
    _ Collaborate with Gyouun for the remainder of the battle.

Moubu
    _ Hold position until Ouki's signal.
    _ Charge towards the enemy side and lead a massive offensive in combination with Gyouun.

Mouten
    _ Act as Moubu's strategist and adjust the attack plan according to the best micro course of action.
    _ Personally lead operations of disturb or mobility-requiring.

Ouki
    _ Move to gain the established position of centrality, and handle information and reinforcements towards all subordinates' armies.
    _ Consider taking the field personally if it's to bait enemy forces, or to deliver the endgame when and where reputed best.

Last edited by Juan; 07-12-2018 at 09:39 PM.

You should've given Zenou to Crispy just to hear him rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    You should've given Zenou to Crispy just to hear him rant.
    why do you think he has shit for brains moubu while drex got his two man crushes?

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    why do you think he has shit for brains moubu while drex got his two man crushes?
    Make that 3, even SSJ is in there. I guess Zenou really would've been overkill.

Crispi's team looks a bit better

the irony, this is why I refuse to believe that this is randomized
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Crispi's team looks a bit better
    how generous of you

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    the irony, this is why I refuse to believe that this is randomized
    it most likely isn't when shit's in juan's filthy hands

idk how i wronged him so much that he'd do something like this to me though

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    it most likely isn't when shit's in juan's filthy hands

idk how i wronged him so much that he'd do something like this to me though

someone needs to bring out the nine pronged whip

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

tfw jacob just blatantly wants to be punished by crispy at this point when did kp become a yaoi

i swear crispy's team was fully randomized lol

- - - Updated - - -

wait actually, no, he first got gaimou instead of akou but there's no way in hell I was gonna be able to balance that so I rolled again.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    i swear crispy's team was fully randomized lol
    Zenou not being in it speaks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Zenou not being in it speaks for that.
    man, i got raido for that slot

raido

man, i got raido for that slot

raido
    Yeah, but getting Zenou would be like adding insult to injury, no?

Yikes, we need another look at the tier list if this is meant to be balanced.

seriously, wtf.

Not only do i get the weaker relative matchup for one or two commanders; literally, all my commanders are a weaker versions of their opposing contestants.

- - - Updated - - -

If this is supposed to be balanced, can i propose some switches?
    @Crispickle; Would you agree to take your fuckbio Riboku for Ouki, and give me Moubu for GHM?

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    seriously, wtf.

Not only do i get the weaker relative matchup for one or two commanders; literally, all my commanders are a weaker versions of their opposing contestants.
    You literally WHAT

You literally WHAT
    Look, i like your team and you like mine. Just lets switch them all

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    Look, i like your team and you like mine. Just lets switch them all
    no can do

As much as I'd like it, if we did this it'd be the end of this format.

Drex team is clearly weaker