Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asian Dramas

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Queen Seondeok is a drama based on the life on the titular character. She was the first queen of Silla (one of the 3 kingdoms that eventually made up Koreo, and was instrumental in laying the ground work for unification). Hwarangs were portrayed as a special military unit in that drama, but my research suggest that Hwarang were indeed pretty boys.
    Give Hwarang a try. The cast are great.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    Give Hwarang a try. The cast are great.
    I will put it on my list thanks for the recommendation.

A historical drama you might light with some very charming characters is Sungkyunkwan Scandal
    CLUE - Assassin Game - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Annyeonghaseyo!!

I see you have a couple of good ones in your to watch list. In there, I recommend Goblin (masterpiece), Rebel (I think Kyun Sang portrays emotions like no other) and I hear your voice. Rebel starts a bit slow but around episode 6, it picks up and gets a hold on you.

I'm a huge Lee Jong Suk fan so if you end up liking I hear your voice, then watch Pinocchio and W (The visuals of this one are pretty good).

I also noticed you watched The Heirs so you're familiar with Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. I think Legend of the Blue Sea is Min Ho's best work and Pinocchio is Shin Hye's.

If you want to explore outside romance, I recommend Stranger. Insanely great thriller.
    Last edited by MadieV; 07-23-2018 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    Annyeonghaseyo!!

I see you have a couple of good ones in your to watch list. In there, I recommend Goblin (masterpiece), Rebel (I think Kyun Sang portrays emotions like no other) and I hear your voice. Rebel starts a bit slow but around episode 6, it picks up and gets a hold on you.

I'm a huge Lee Jong Suk fan so if you end up liking I hear your voice, then watch Pinocchio and W (The visuals of this one are pretty good).

I also noticed you watched The Heirs so you're familiar with Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. I think Legend of the Blue Sea is Min Ho's best work and Pinocchio is Shin Hye's.

If you want to explore outside romance, I recommend Stranger. Insanely great thriller.
    I've already seen Pinocchio and I loved it. Albeit a bit preachy in parts. But it was so suspenseful and exciting. Which is why I put I hear your voice on the the list. How do the two compare?
    I hated the heirs, but i love Park Shin Hye.
    I despise... well that's a strong word XD, I'm not a fan of Lee Min Ho. His acting is terrible. And now I've come to find out that his sister is the CEO of his agency, so I think nepotism was at work, because how could such a bad, mediocre looking, actor get so many leading roles in otherwise good dramas.

I don't venture too far out of the romance range. I dabble in a few historicals, but that's about it. When I'm more curious I'll give it a try.

Watched one or two k-dramas way back and just couldn't pull through. Literally feels like you're a zombie when watching those shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    Watched one or two k-dramas way back and just couldn't pull through. Literally feels like you're a zombie when watching those shows.
    I would recommend trying a Japanese drama. They are fairly short.

Chinese dramas these days are also going for that light and fluffy feelings with little to no hangups. And episodes are often only 30-45 minutes long.

I've already seen Pinocchio and I loved it. Albeit a bit preachy in parts. But it was so suspenseful and exciting. Which is why I put I hear your voice on the the list. How do the two compare?
    I think I hear your voice is more mature. There's a significant age difference between the main characters. The guy is significantly younger than the girl. He helps her deal with some emotional personal circumstances and in the end, they walk towards healing together.

I hated the heirs, but i love Park Shin Hye.
    I despise... well that's a strong word XD, I'm not a fan of Lee Min Ho. His acting is terrible. And now I've come to find out that his sister is the CEO of his agency, so I think nepotism was at work, because how could such a bad, mediocre looking, actor get so many leading roles in otherwise good dramas.
    I do think Min Ho is overrated, lol. I haven't watched The Heirs but I've heard awful things about it . I can tell you though that Legends of the Blue Sea is pretty good. He's a con man there so the role suits him well.

I don't venture too far out of the romance range. I dabble in a few historicals, but that's about it. When I'm more curious I'll give it a try.
    Do it! you won't regret it.

I think I hear your voice is more mature. There's a significant age difference between the main characters. The guy is significantly younger than the girl. He helps her deal with some emotional personal circumstances and in the end, they walk towards healing together.

I do think Min Ho is overrated, lol. I haven't watched The Heirs but I've heard awful things about it . I can tell you though that Legends of the Blue Sea is pretty good. He's a con man there so the role suits him well.

Do it! you won't regret it.
    They walk towards healing each other???? Is there kissing? I like happy endings.

I've seen him in quite a few dramas, I think I liked him best in Faith... and I just tolerated him XD
    I planned to watch legends of the blue sea anyway because I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the lead actress in that. You should watch You Who Came From the Stars. She's brilliant.

They walk towards healing each other???? Is there kissing? I like happy endings.
    There's kissing and there's a happy ending. I loved how protective he was of her, sigh.

I've seen him in quite a few dramas, I think I liked him best in Faith... and I just tolerated him XD
    I planned to watch legends of the blue sea anyway because I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the lead actress in that. You should watch You Who Came From the Stars. She's brilliant.
    I started watching You Who Came From the Stars. Put it on hold at episode 10 I think.

The guy was so cold.

I like my men upfront and to have some spice and a dark side. I also like the type of guy who would break arms for his gurl. he was always on the fence about her and she was really trying to get his attention. I was like GURLLL RELEASE THAT MAN!!! GET RID OF HIM AND GO LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!

At what episode does he start falling in love with her?

I'm also a helpless romantic so please recommend me something.

There's kissing and there's a happy ending. I loved how protective he was of her, sigh.

I started watching You Who Came From the Stars. Put it on hold at episode 10 I think.

The guy was so cold.

I like my men upfront and to have some spice and a dark side. I also like the type of guy who would break arms for his gurl. he was always on the fence about her and she was really trying to get his attention. I was like GURLLL RELEASE THAT MAN!!! GET RID OF HIM AND GO LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!

At what episode does he start falling in love with her?

I'm also a helpless romantic so please recommend me something.
    If you want fast moving chemistry look no further than Love O2O you will not be disappointed. It may take an episode or two to get used to the fact that Chinese dramas are dubbed, so the sound is a bit weird. But this is a great show.

You may also enjoy Full House (2014) the Thai version

Something About 1% is great too *^* and the episodes are super short. Only ep 1 is one hour. The rest are 30 mins.

If you want fast moving chemistry look no further than Love O2O you will not be disappointed. It may take an episode or two to get used to the fact that Chinese dramas are dubbed, so the sound is a bit weird. But this is a great show.

You may also enjoy Full House (2014) the Thai version

Something About 1% is great too *^* and the episodes are super short. Only ep 1 is one hour. The rest are 30 mins.
    Alright! I'll try them and let you know how it goes.

Alright! I'll try them and let you know how it goes.