Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Tanko

Battle of Tanko

this is the battle where ki sui and his gang infamously defeated an army 5 times their number

that fact alone always seemed incredibly impressive in itself so i suppose i never actually considered the scale until a recent re-read of those chapters

idk if anyone else ever considered it, but that'd mean that the rigan trio won against an army of 150k with just their 30k rigan troops

probably among the harshest odds we've heard of in the series. that comes to my mind, at least.

all that said, are ki sui and co. really more formidable than we give them credit for?
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Those were all scrubs so its not a big deal

But does that mean mouten can beat those guys with 10 times the deficit ?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

the God tier general here is Kisui's father

or the Zhao's is just that much of a scrub to lose against that much odds vs average general like Kisui

Are you sure it was those odds? Not the 5-1, but the 30k-150k. I thought the scale was lower than that.

Anyway, I do think we underestimate Kisui. I think people always look more to the negative (blaming) side of 'oh look, Kisui can't even take out Mouten', but perhaps it should be taken the opposite way and we should be saying 'wow, Mouten is keeping up with Kisui/Batei'. Mouten's ability to stand up to Kisui in his current predicament is meant to be a direct parallel to what Ouhon/Shin/Kyoukai have achieved and shown hints of being Q6 tier - we shouldn't overlook that.

Plot-jutsu has kind of hurt Kisui though - i.e his refusal to really act because he knew Riboku was waiting to take out Makou - and that's why I don't think Kisui has shown us what he's capable of.

I'm hoping that he is an instinctual general, since it gives me more hope/belief that he will show us much more, since his stats are pretty average as GG-potential dudes go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure it was those odds? Not the 5-1, but the 30k-150k. I thought the scale was lower than that.
    yeah, was stated rigan has 30k now because ki sui was able to restore the city back to it's previous state, so they must've had at least 30k back then. likely a bit more even since it was mentioned that rigan raised every last man they could spare in that battle, but no way to account for exactly how much more.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    yeah, was stated rigan has 30k now because ki sui was able to restore the city back to it's previous state, so they must've had at least 30k back then. likely a bit more even since it was mentioned that rigan raised every last man they could spare in that battle, but no way to account for exactly how much more.
    But didn't he unify loads of Cities afterwards? They may be part of the 30k.

This.

Kisui his father lead 12 000 men VS 60 000.

The Duke laughs with this.

It was never stated he lead all 30k in that battle though

yeah i also think the scale was lower, i was under the impression it was a regional conflict.

but even if it was 10k vs 50k, it's not any less impressive. While i do think kisui has a lot to show that he hasn't up to now, i also believe the rigan trio at its full had twice the potential than it does now after ryuutou's death

nah, he pacified them. as in, they're no longer at odds with each other, not that they fight under the same banner.

- - - Updated - - -

the 30k are all soldiers of rigan, not a bunch of soldiers recruited throughout the region.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

I doubt it, though it did go from a regional conflict to something that could be called a war. 150‘000vs30‘000 is too much, they had already battles before the decisive one and also Rigan wasnt as big as it is today.

Bloody hell Tokio, think logical.

i don't know how to think any other way

even before they magnified their numbers during the battle of tanko their conflict was already at a scale large enough to be considered a war

not much reason to assume rigan fielded less than their confirmed 30k in the battle of tanko
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Even from the beginning Ankas army more than doubled that of Rigan, so that would mean they had a over 60'000 men strong army. And that was only when the first skirmishes and battles started.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/63349/3

Kisui restored Rigan in just 5 years and took over Anka and all the regions involved in this battle im 3 more years. I would say that Rigan now stands better there than before Kishou was killed.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/63349/17

if ki sui had managed to even strengthen the rigan army i'm sure the old lady would've mentioned it
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

No its just pretty logical, the tragedy of Rigan is 15 years ago. 5 years Kisui needed to restore Rigan, 3 more to defeat Anka and take over the whole region. With that logic applied: "if the numbers where that high the old women would have mentioned it".

It just makes not much sense that the region Rigan/Anka has potential to muster ~100'000 men alone and Kisui still only goes with 30'000 to engage Kankis army.

see, rigan and anka aren't regions, they're cities. they also didn't muster +100k alone. anka emptied their treasury to recruit any willing soldiers throughout the region to fight alongside their cause.

can't answer why ki sui didn't similarly recruit soldiers throughout the region, but we know for a fact that he didn't. that's why he only has 30k, because he always uses only his own soldiers.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Anka had already more than double the numbers of Rigan when they started fighting each other, so that would mean more than 60'000 men. So both cities could alone muster around ~100'000 with youre logic.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/63349/3

only the final in tanko they took all theyr wealth to recruit 5 times the number of Rigan.

Theres no way that region can have 180k men to fight in a single war and also theres no way Kantan would ignore a conflict in this scale

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Theres no way that region can have 180k men to fight in a single war and also theres no way Kantan would ignore a conflict in this scale
    Logical sense.

Tokio, mate.