Thread: Portal

Portal

I couldnt see a thread anywhere for this so I thought Id make one. Anyone else played or started playing this? Its like a buck on steam atm and the specs are fairly low I think.

Anyway, the games real neat you basically just solve a lot of logic based puzzles with a little witty robot banter threw in on the side. It actually reminds me a lot of the Turing test that I played a couple of months ago, although solving the logic based puzzles is the fun of it if you actually scratch a little deeper and explore the areas properly you come to what looks like the dark, unsettling truth of the games plot and why you are doing these puzzles in the first place.

I think so far I preferred the Turing test to this, Im sure Portal is where the Turing test got its inspiration from but I think the plot in that game was just a little more engaging and the robot who spoke to you far more interesting. None the less though, Portal is refreshing in its own way and Im having a pretty good time on it

I'm not a magician, babe Wiskodeh's Avatar
    Great games, Wheatley and Glados are iconic

can't remember too much about the first but they're worth playing

Im actually a little disappointed, I got to like stage 16 or something and stumbled across my first hidden base, then found a second one a stage later. Now im wondering if I missed any before that. Kind of a pain that they dont give any indications that the plot is hidden before that and I dont wanna check online myself to see where the plot actually does begin. Sort of breaks immersion.

The puzzles are a little harder than they where in the Turing Test but they all seem to revolve around the portal gun which can be either annoying or fun depending on how well designed the puzzles are

yeah probably no thread for it because it was released 07

It's a neat puzzle game. that's about all it needs

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

Ngl this robot a piece of shit lol

Tryna make me feel guilty for euthanising my companion cube

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Ngl this robot a piece of shit lol

Tryna make me feel guilty for euthanising my companion cube
    i don't think it's euthanising if you destroy a healthy cube.

maybe you're feeling guilty after all, rationalizing it by using that term instead of destroying.

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

This was a game was short, sweet and hilarious. Best buck I ever spent

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS

You like Portal, Mak?

What an uplifting song, I feel almost sad I didnt let Glados kill me. Im sorry