Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Steven Universe (Spoilers!)

For those unaware, Steven Universe is a cartoon created by rebecca sugar. it's got a positive vibe to it. you might have heard about the toxic minority in the tumblrsphere ranting about fan art, or stuff like that, but for what the show is, it's Great! maybe my favorite cartoon airing at the moment!

The Music is just sublime, foreshadowing of certain things by seemingly meaningless coincidences make rewatching the show worth it, and despite the abundance of filler, you won't get burnt out during an episode because they're only 11 minutes long!

It's about the titular character Steven Universe, who is half gem(think of them as sentient rocks who don't age, need food or follow the rules of nature) and half human. Steven is unique, and he has 3 different gems teaching him how to unlock the gem powers from her mother's side.

as steven stumbles his way through challenges like battling monsters, saving his crush or being marooned on an island, he starts to realize the not everything is as black and white.

Blargh, go watch it. it doesn't start heavy on the lore, but revelations made in recent episodes were planned within the creation of the show, so it definitely has a plot.

oh yeah, and now, @Ink Spot; get in here

So, steven universe has a history with cartoon network.

for the first season, it didn't have many problems when it came to airing the episodes, well, maybe few episodes were out of production order, but apart from that. then it concluded the 52 episode long season with the first stevenbomb. 5 episodes with a more tightly woven plot. after that, it started to become a thing. episodes would get released, then stop, then a bomb would be announced, or a certain amount of episodes would be announced to air, all while the series was going on. these bombs usually had an arc to them, and episodes between them would focus on the world building.

so, it's not unusual anymore for steven universe to release a handful of episodes, take a break, and come back. true, it sucks, but it's not hiatus in a sense, each time it happens.

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

yeah, this is a pretty dope show
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

the music and the 10 minute episodes is what made me give this a try. didn't think that CN could still entertain me this much

It has a horribly inconsistent release date

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    yeah, this is a pretty dope show
    you caught up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    It has a horribly inconsistent release date
    i was lucky to start it while the 5th hiatus season was running

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    you caught up?
    not all the way. haven't seen anything season 5 yet.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

it starts strong, has a bit of a meh drawn out drama arc in the middle, then gets good again.

I'd recommend starting to watch it soon, since this week we're getting 6 episodes! 1 each day, and on friday it's a 2-parter.

and season 6 was announced.

But yeah, which episode is your favorite ? asking everyone.

I'd say mine is probably Last One Out Of Beach City, but there are stronger moments in other episodes.

Thanks to Cake~

You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

might be the last season

can't remember the name, but the episode where Amethyst shares her birthplace was the episode that got me hooked.

- - - Updated - - -

did you stop at season 4 ending?

might be the last season

can't remember the name, but the episode where Amethyst shares her birthplace was the episode that got me hooked.

- - - Updated - - -

nope, rebecca told somewhere they've got 9 seasons worth of material. plans change, and the show isn't on its last legs yet. true, revelations about the show have built up to what seems like a soon to be series finale, but I believe there can be more to it than just the diamonds.

either way we could speculate but it'd take 2 years for us to find out if season 6 is the final season

Thanks to Cake~

lol yeah. hulu only has up until that much. wasn't sure where else to watch it.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFXk4sLVQw

I know there's an official version, but I really enjoy the goosebumps I get from this. I remember that summer. I remember when Yellow Diamond was only a distant plot point waiting to happen.

the audience is feeling what I feel everytime I watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

lol yeah. hulu only has up until that much. wasn't sure where else to watch it.
    https://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/steven-universe

even youtube has about every episode in parts.

Thanks to Cake~

gracias, guapo chico morado
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Thanks to Cake~

ahhhhhh this episode was goood!

Thanks to Cake~

Omw home

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    nope, rebecca told somewhere they've got 9 seasons worth of material. plans change, and the show isn't on its last legs yet. true, revelations about the show have built up to what seems like a soon to be series finale, but I believe there can be more to it than just the diamonds.

either way we could speculate but it'd take 2 years for us to find out if season 6 is the final season
    9 seasons?! I need see some confirmation for that. I can see with all that's going for maybe 7 to tie all of the loose ends

Omw home

9 seasons?! I need see some confirmation for that. I can see with all that's going for maybe 7 to tie all of the loose ends
    well, based apparently on rebecca sugar's own words, and 4chan leaks. could be fake, but yeah, there's potential for a timeskip too.

where we get steven looking like from steven's birthday, not noticeably too different, but at least the voice actor doesn't have to ruin his voice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SULeaks/com...has_9_seasons/

bit spoilery, I think, but it's like "the show will show a new villain next season type of spoiler

Thanks to Cake~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFXk4sLVQw

even youtube has about every episode in parts.
    i love that intro, wouldn't mind if they used it on the regular episodes

- - - Updated - - -

well, based apparently on rebecca sugar's own words, and 4chan leaks. could be fake, but yeah, there's potential for a timeskip too.

where we get steven looking like from steven's birthday, not noticeably too different, but at least the voice actor doesn't have to ruin his voice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SULeaks/com...has_9_seasons/

bit spoilery, I think, but it's like "the show will show a new villain next season type of spoiler

idk what new villains would appear, it should be gem based, no?

i like this Steven more, but the VA can't keep this up forever. i'd understand

i love that intro, wouldn't mind if they used it on the regular episodes

- - - Updated - - -

idk what new villains would appear, it should be gem based, no?

i like this Steven more, but the VA can't keep this up forever. i'd understand
    well, we really don't know how the gems came to be, that needs to be addressed. what if the gems are just a foil and something even worse (sneeple) are the end game?

there's also plenty of gems for steven to save if Steven learns to uncorrupt gems, his status in the gem hierarchy, white diamond, what she's up to? possible corruption of amethyst (just check last time she reformed, clearly a sign)?

Imagine this. YD was introduced in the latter half of season 2. and we're not even done with her.

Thanks to Cake~

Thanks to Cake~

Got bored of it due to the show dragging out for so long comparable to Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto (Boruto) and other shows that just keeps going on forever and ever and ever...

Yawn.