View Poll Results: ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

12 33.33%
  • Mihawk

24 66.67%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Mihawk, extreme difficulty. I think he could edge out a win against Kizaru and Kuzan but he's not beating Akainu (who I think is probably a little stronger now than he was when he beat Aokiji anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Halaros 536 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a manga not the real world. What you're suggesting is that Oda would have us beliεve that Mihawk is the strongest and have him as Zoro's benchmark while he's not really the strongest. It doesn't make sense from a common sense plot perspective. I'm not gonna discuss that with the other guy cause he's not interested in discussion.
    This being a manga is exactly why this kind of reveal could happen, especially when Mihawk's supposed superiority to other top tiers is supported only by his title so far and not by feats or portrayal. What matters in the end is Zoro actually fulfilling his dream of becoming the strongest swordsman, because that was the promise he made as he set out on his journey. Not who he sets as his current benchmark. If Shanks was slightly stronger than Mihawk he's either going to die or be surpassed by Zoro at EOS anyway.

Anyway, what you quoted was Spiro's main point and not mine. As I said I'd rather watch you two continue than have a drawn out debate about a topic I'm at best moderately interested in on a forum with relatively low activity. If you guys aren't going to continue with each other I'd have nothing to add fuel to

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvalant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This being a manga is exactly why this kind of reveal could happen, especially when Mihawk's supposed superiority to other top tiers is supported only by his title so far and not by feats or portrayal. What matters in the end is Zoro actually fulfilling his dream of becoming the strongest swordsman, because that was the promise he made as he set out on his journey. Not who he sets as his current benchmark. If Shanks was slightly stronger than Mihawk he's either going to die or be surpassed by Zoro at EOS anyway.

Anyway, what you quoted was Spiro's main point and not mine. As I said I'd rather watch you two continue than have a drawn out debate about a topic I'm at best moderately interested in on a forum with relatively low activity. If you guys aren't going to continue with each other I'd have nothing to add fuel to
    First of all stop bringing up feats as if they're relevant for near featless characters. Roger has no feats, Dragon has no feats, Ryokugyu has no feats. That means nothing.

Now, let's go to the title. You're wrong. The manga has shown Mihawk as the strongest swordsman, it has built a rivarly between Zoro and Mihawk, it hasn't presented Mihawk as a random guy who happens to hold a title and will fight Zoro. A specific rivarly between the two has been built from the beginnings of the manga till now, with Zoro making two of his strongest resolves because of Mihawk. If Shanks is slightly stronger than Mihawk, he's not beating the strongest swordsman when he's beating Mihawk. The hair splitting about Shanks being stronger but by such an extent that Zoro surpassing Mihawk will also make him stronger than Shanks is grasping at straws at it's finest.
    Last edited by Halaros 536; 07-03-2018 at 02:30 PM.

For all this guys bluster about you debating bad Halaros, he doesnt seem to be doing too well himself