Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must've missed this last chapter and was inclined to ask really but,

why did everyone assume there's dirt on Hawks?
    Because everything about him screams shoddy guy with shoddy background.

that's rather weak reasoning

Don't think that, after all the author did to develop Endeavor and eventually officially becoming the no.1 hero, and get beaten like this just to gain sympathy.

that's rather weak reasoning

Tell me this hasn't got "ninjas heroes are responsible for the never ending conflict" written all over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    Don't think that, after all the author did to develop Endeavor and eventually officially becoming the no.1 hero, and get beaten like this just to gain sympathy.
    The thing is the author does like to throw curveballs and is not beyond just pulling stunts like Enji actually being beating or even dying here after he finally found his conviction to go against common tropes.

I sincerely just don't think that's going to happen here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post

Tell me this hasn't got "ninjas heroes are responsible for the never ending conflict" written all over it?
    Frankly, naw. But we'll see.

Frankly, naw. But we'll see.
    I could be wrong, after all, what you said about throwing curve balls stands true. Still, I find it rather odd to have a nr. 2 hero with ambiguous behaviour emerge just like that without a hidden trait. Might not even be a complete betrayal, it could be some dumb ambition that requires the use of others, but I don't think he's 100% clean.

I could be wrong, after all, what you said about throwing curve balls stands true. Still, I find it rather odd to have a nr. 2 hero with ambiguous behaviour emerge just like that without a hidden trait. Might not even be a complete betrayal, it could be some dumb ambition that requires the use of others, but I don't think he's 100% clean.
    Aye, alot of possible scenarios here. I just took it as Hawks way of putting his ideal would be there to be as little crime as possible, and for that to happen a symbol like the No.1 hero is required.

Aye, alot of possible scenarios here. I just took it as Hawks way of putting his ideal would be there to be as little crime as possible, and for that to happen a symbol like the No.1 hero is required.
    I mean, that's exactly what he's implying and how he's acting (going as far as leaving himself with but a few feathers, while committing the rest to evacuation), but that's exactly what gives rise to suspicion. His ideals are somehow too...pure and simple, for being just a "regular dude" that wants peace.

I do agree he seems a bit too clean.

Hawks will be a villain

Just wait

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    How will Hawks become no.1 hero if even Endeavor can't beat it?
    It's as Y and Zentos are saying.

Everything is just way too convenient for Hawks right now. He appears out of nowhere and rises to a top spot, wants to take it super easy and would rather someone else handle the hard work, he called Endeavor out to his "investigation" which turns out to just be about rumors about Noumu sightings all around Japan and then all of a sudden the strongest one since the one specifically designed to kill All Might shows up and targets Endeavor specifically? Sure, it might have some sort of radar or way of sensing strong opponents but it's way too convenient for it to show up the moment that Hawks brings Endeavor into his gossip corner.

Then add that he has taken more of a support role (plus a few things he's said and panels of him and how he has regarded Endeavor comes off as ultra shady and full of ulterior motives) and is engaging more with civilians while Endeavor does all the heavy lifting and what'll happen? Sure, Endeavor will get praise for the fight but he was never super popular due to his, up until now, brash nature and general terribleness. Meanwhile, Hawks ensured that everyone was safe within the area that Endeavor was fighting in by personally ferrying civilians out of a building and shutting down the extra Noumus. High End may just leave after this, leaving Endeavor critically wounded. Though he didn't fight High End (which seems to be his plan), he performed his hero duties exceptionally well here. Almost as if this were a perfect demonstration of his hero abilities on the highest profile villain attack since All For One vs All Might.

Hawks said he doesn't want to be the Number 1 but it's undeniable that whoever is at the top can shape the entire outlook and structure of the hero establishment. Not saying he's necessarily a full on bad guy but he's coming off as someone with a plan and an ability to use others to further it for his own personal gain. So far, everything is pretty perfect for him while it looks like Endeavor went headlong into a trap.

Of course, I don't know for sure and if Hawks gets his head ripped off next chapter then it'd be obvious that wasn't his goal but all of this just seems way too easy for Hawks to me. As I said a few weeks ago, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

How else would High End know where Endeavor was?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

This page pretty much clarifies he is a good guy to me. He wants the kind of peace All Might brought to be sustained so he can live easy. He just wants Endeavor to be that symbol instead of stepping up himself. The conflicts in the world escalating is exactly what he doesn't want to happen.

Looked legit concerned when Endeavor got hit like that too. I thought Hawk was pretty forthcoming what he wanted. At worst he got the attention of the High End to give Endeavor the opportunity but underestimated how strong it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    It's as Y and Zentos are saying.

Everything is just way too convenient for Hawks right now. He appears out of nowhere and rises to a top spot, wants to take it super easy and would rather someone else handle the hard work, he called Endeavor out to his "investigation" which turns out to just be about rumors about Noumu sightings all around Japan and then all of a sudden the strongest one since the one specifically designed to kill All Might shows up and targets Endeavor specifically? Sure, it might have some sort of radar or way of sensing strong opponents but it's way too convenient for it to show up the moment that Hawks brings Endeavor into his gossip corner.

Then add that he has taken more of a support role (plus a few things he's said and panels of him and how he has regarded Endeavor comes off as ultra shady and full of ulterior motives) and is engaging more with civilians while Endeavor does all the heavy lifting and what'll happen? Sure, Endeavor will get praise for the fight but he was never super popular due to his, up until now, brash nature and general terribleness. Meanwhile, Hawks ensured that everyone was safe within the area that Endeavor was fighting in by personally ferrying civilians out of a building and shutting down the extra Noumus. High End may just leave after this, leaving Endeavor critically wounded. Though he didn't fight High End (which seems to be his plan), he performed his hero duties exceptionally well here. Almost as if this were a perfect demonstration of his hero abilities on the highest profile villain attack since All For One vs All Might.

Hawks said he doesn't want to be the Number 1 but it's undeniable that whoever is at the top can shape the entire outlook and structure of the hero establishment. Not saying he's necessarily a full on bad guy but he's coming off as someone with a plan and an ability to use others to further it for his own personal gain. So far, everything is pretty perfect for him while it looks like Endeavor went headlong into a trap.

Of course, I don't know for sure and if Hawks gets his head ripped off next chapter then it'd be obvious that wasn't his goal but all of this just seems way too easy for Hawks to me. As I said a few weeks ago, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.
    Didn't he bluntly say he just wants to take it easy so he doesn't have to be that responsible. He sounds like Shunsui from Bleach before he became Captain Commander. If he took the top spot then he'd have all of Japan looking at him good and bad.

What an awesome chapter. Endeavor went from a shitty and obsessive father to badass who's, or trying to be a decent human being. I don't want Enji to lose, but some part of me doesn't want him to win either. Of course, it would show that All Might isn't the only hero who can fight against strong villains, but High-End is supposed to be taken down by at least a couple heroes, considering how special he is. Unless there's more of them.

Actually, instead of an eyepatch imagine a flame just blazing there instead.

Wew

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This page pretty much clarifies he is a good guy to me. He wants the kind of peace All Might brought to be sustained so he can live easy. He just wants Endeavor to be that symbol instead of stepping up himself. The conflicts in the world escalating is exactly what he doesn't want to happen.

Looked legit concerned when Endeavor got hit like that too. I thought Hawk was pretty forthcoming what he wanted. At worst he got the attention of the High End to give Endeavor the opportunity but underestimated how strong it would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't he bluntly say he just wants to take it easy so he doesn't have to be that responsible. He sounds like Shunsui from Bleach before he became Captain Commander. If he took the top spot then he'd have all of Japan looking at him good and bad.
    I admit, I might be reading too much into it and be totally wrong. But all of his interactions with Endeavor come off as really, well, off to me. Sure, there's definitely a big dichotomy between the two with Endeavor trying to figure out what kind of Number 1 Hero he wants to be and trying to turn a 180 from being a terrible human being whilst Hawks is super popular and liked by everyone, but in every interaction I also get a hint of Hawks showing himself superior to Endeavor.

In his intro, he took a shot at all the Top Heroes who spoke before him and directly challenged Endeavor in front of the entire nation. So right there, he put Endeavor in a really difficult spot. Now later, he says that he only did that to help Endeavor out because the heroes need a strong leader and that Endeavor (not him) has to be the one to fill it out. He then asks Endeavor for a team up, directly after which we see someone prepping High End.

That's...convenient.

Next, we see them walking together in Hawks' hometown but the entire thing seems so built up to cater to Hawks. Again, I know this is showing the dichotomy between him and Endeavor but it comes on a little too strongly---like Hawks is making a show of it. Then he continues his provocation by disregarding Shouto. Now after being pressed about what he knows about Noumu, he says he has nothing but rumors. The conversation continues until Hawks says all he wants is for Endeavor to be the No. 1 while he stays at the sidelines and even says that being No. 1 is all about performance (or production in mangastream's translation but it gets to the same point). That's really interesting as that seems to be what Hawks is all about. And the moment Hawks finishes his little speech, High End appears.

That's...convenient.

What happens next? Well, the fight. And ultimately, Endeavor lost. Now, I'm sure he'll get accolades for trying but his failure as the newly appointed No. 1---after he was just challenged by the No. 2 in front of the entire nation to which he answer with "Watch me."---will be exorbitantly profound and will make any future endeavors that much more impossible and difficult (if he's not dead, though I think he's just gravely injured). But what about Hawks? He successfully saved and kept safe an enormous amount of people in the crossfire. He has demonstrated his position admirably and will only gain from this. So far, he comes off looking incredibly good in this situation.

For all of this to happen so quickly and to work out like this is just....way too convenient to me. This is why Hawks just becomes shadier and shadier. Again, I could be completely off-base and flat out wrong. Next chapter could turn this essay into complete useless garbage. However, this is how these last few chapters have fit together for me in regards to Hawks' character (plus he's had a few sketchy looking panels). He may not be an all out villain but I certainly don't see him as completely genuine and someone that needs to be closely watched.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

can we talk about how metal it is to tear your own head off and throw it to evade an fatal attack though

He didn't see that one coming.

Time for Todoroki to step up and do what his father cannot

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    He didn't see that one coming.

Time for Todoroki to step up and do what his father cannot
    Or a team up with Deku.

Todoroki freezes the enemy, Deku shatters it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Or a team up with Deku.

Todoroki freezes the enemy, Deku shatters it.
    The freak will just get up and throw its icy body parts at them.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    The freak will just get up and throw its icy body parts at them.
    That would be a pretty cool fight.