Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White plays Ni No Kuni 2

I played a little of this last night, and Ill post my thoughts about the game at the end of each chapter. Ive just finished the first chapter so Ill jump straight in. There may or may not be spoilers of the game in my chapter reviews so open at your own peril

Chapter 1

Honestly I'm really impressed by the game so far. I can see why the Ni No Kuni series comes so highly recommended by basically anyone whos played it. The art style and general vibe of the game reminds me a lot of the Kingdom Heart series, visually it honestly looks stunning and its a real nice change of pace from what I normally play (puzzley/strategy).

As far as the characters go Im not quite blown away by them yet, but Im hoping that'll change the more I play. I could see Nellas attitude pissing me off the more I go through it so Im pretty glad they offed her, the King looks to be a good character in the making. Hopefully his personality has more about him than just a naive prince looking to reclaim his throne. Its not that big of an issue and I like the character I just hope the game gives him something that sets him apart. The Main character is awesome, love hows hes the president in his own country and then just starts blasting people with his pistol the moment he lands in this new world lol. The antagonists look good too, I like the usurper and his bodyguard had a lot of fun fighting him as a boss

Hopefully the game gets a little more difficult in the combat but I wouldnt mind if it doesnt, since Im enjoying the casual feel of the game

Overall so far Id give this game a solid 7.5

The 1st one was bae, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you're doing. I'm holding off buying it because I would like to graduate college but now since I have Fallout 4 my college dreams might be in trouble lol.

The game is visually stunning like always, based on the trailers I have seen but I bet the soundtrack is just as good, if not better as well.

Have fun on this game, White!
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

I want to play this someday.

Sadly never got to play the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    The 1st one was bae, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of what you're doing. I'm holding off buying it because I would like to graduate college but now since I have Fallout 4 my college dreams might be in trouble lol.

The game is visually stunning like always, based on the trailers I have seen but I bet the soundtrack is just as good, if not better as well.

Have fun on this game, White!
    Thanks, the posts I make in the thread will try to not contain spoilers so I can hopefully let you guys know how good it is. Ill try to be objective about it though, and wont oversell it just because I enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I want to play this someday.

Sadly never got to play the first one.
    I havent played the first one either tbh, you cant get in on PC but from the look of things you dont really need to have experience playing the first game. At least I dont think so, they havent made any references to anything thats happened so far in the first one

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Thanks, the posts I make in the thread will try to not contain spoilers so I can hopefully let you guys know how good it is. Ill try to be objective about it though, and wont oversell it just because I enjoy it

I havent played the first one either tbh, you cant get in on PC but from the look of things you dont really need to have experience playing the first game. At least I dont think so, they havent made any references to anything thats happened so far in the first one
    You should play the 1st one. Please. I highly recommend it.

I could just watch the cut scenes all day long

I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..

What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

I will someday, but I kinda just blew my load on a new computer so theres that. Hopefully steam or something can bring it a second breath of life by bring it to pc because Ive heard nothing but good things about this series and I would like to play it.

I am enjoying the second game a lot though. The music and the soundtracks have been decent so far, theyre pretty whimsical and seem very on point with the game. Honestly though I love do just love the art and how casual it feels, ive played stuff like the FF series and it just feels so much more comfortable to play this than it was to play them. Or at least some of them anyway

I will someday, but I kinda just blew my load on a new computer so theres that.

I had no idea you were Tobias.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this was the best NNK1 song

awesome, whitu

i also highly recommend the first one, i have not tried the second yet, but i will eventually

Damn no ones played the second one

Alright then ill be the pioneer for this game and tell you all how good it is

The adventure begins in earnest! Since Im not running with a computer out the 1940s ill be able to post screenshots for you guys

The music guys

The adventure begins in earnest! Since Im not running with a computer out the 1940s ill be able to post screenshots for you guys

The music guys
    Stream on Twitch, you plebian.

I could look into streaming it, I could certainly do it now. I think my laptop could more than handle it. But Ive never really done anything like that before though, im actually pretty shy when it comes to broadcasting myself like that. I could maybe do it without commentary and then build myself up to it

I could look into streaming it, I could certainly do it now. I think my laptop could more than handle it. But Ive never really done anything like that before though, im actually pretty shy when it comes to broadcasting myself like that. I could maybe do it without commentary and then build myself up to it
    Yeah you dont have to have a camera right off the bat, or your voice. Some people prefer those kinds of streams as well.

Ill try to figure it out now, itd be great to have a stream for it and Im actually more excited by the idea than I thought Id be. Ill try to set it up now

When i start earning those twitch dollars, then itll be time to ask Pops to delete my tmf. That digital footprint

would b cool if you streamed tho

share some more screenies. are you always in chibi mode when you travel? i heard this one had a city building mode coz ur a kang n shit

Mural of Coral and Cold Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    didn't actually get to play this one either

would you recommend it so far

Ill try to figure it out now, itd be great to have a stream for it and Im actually more excited by the idea than I thought Id be. Ill try to set it up now

When i start earning those twitch dollars, then itll be time to ask Pops to delete my tmf. That digital footprint
    I use OBS, its pretty easy to set up (athough I have a mac, so idk if it makes a difference) -- I also have discord intergration with my streams as well.

If you need help, let me know

- - - Updated - - -

This is a test layout I have with my OBS/Discord integration

Looks cool.

Please Donate To The Ocean Cleanup Fund
    >>>Ocean Cleanup Technology Explained<<<
    Currently Listening to
    Warp NFSP Podcast #37
    Anime Playlist: Goblin Slayer, Ninja Scroll, One Piece

Man, I want to play these games so bad. Just don't have the means. That Ghibli art is gorgeous though
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I use OBS, its pretty easy to set up (athough I have a mac, so idk if it makes a difference) -- I also have discord intergration with my streams as well.

If you need help, let me know

- - - Updated - - -

This is a test layout I have with my OBS/Discord integration

Damn TIfa, you have lost weight. You look great there. Look at all those whiteknights you have there ready to defend your honour

I tried to set myself up on Bebo but it didnt work out, all the guides where telling me to do things on the app that werent on my app which was annoying af. Ill try OBS, im busy today though so if you have any tips may as well post em here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post

would b cool if you streamed tho

share some more screenies. are you always in chibi mode when you travel? i heard this one had a city building mode coz ur a kang n shit
    Nah not always just when youre on the world map, the most frustrating part is the lack of a sprint button in the game honestly. I havent reached the building mode yet, but the game has sort of alluded to it. I think itll happen if my guy reclaims the throne