Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109

Thread: Genderfluid

  1. #81
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    10,764
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because your gender IS fluid/spectrum, of course people can be on different ends of it or even placed somewhere in between. Gender is based on traits we associate with either being male or female so of course some people will have more traits that make them identify more as being a female than a male. Thats the entire reason for why they call gender a spectrum in the first place

    Why do you think some colours are gender neutral and some arent? Some colours are more associated with females then they are males and if you like those colours youre more on the feminine side than the masculine. Likewise some guys like to cry more and are more in touch with their emotions than other guys and crying has always been associated with being a feminine thing. Im not saying these people are female because they decide to wear pink or cry more but they are more on the feminine side than the masculine and thats okay.

    --

    The actual need to explain this is bonkers, the lengths people go to dodge the point is incredible. Obviously the examples I gave are very mild examples of someone making a gender choice and a more extreme example would be wearing something like make up and dressing up in dresses.
    Transvestitism is not a gender identity disorder.

    Thanks to Cake~

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

  2. #82
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    58,905
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Transvestitism is not a gender identity disorder.
    Gender identity disorder is a thing.


    Through dream I travel, at lantern's call
    To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall

    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  3. #83
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gender identity disorder is a thing.
    That name imo implies that it is just people not being able to tell what their gender is.
    Like I look at my penis and say I am a male.
    While a person with that disorder looks at the penis and can't tell.
    Why do I have a feeling this disorder is happening cuz of something else.

  4. #84
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    18,689
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For a large majority, those 2 are the same. But gender identity is individualistic. But yeah, not the same, arguably, but not a social construct either. Something more based on human nature. Society is like 1 factor, not the main one
    They're usually the same because people "play the role" for the most part so it's generally fine to use them interchangeably. And if we're being honest most people will use the term "gender" in reference to biology because we have spent most of our lives in societies where no real difference had been observed outside of subcultures (and even then it would be a mislabel to present a Drag Queen as genderfluid). But in this instance it's more important to establish why they're different since the concept of gender identity (including genderfluid individuals) doesn't necessarily have to do with the sex of a person and is, like you said, a more individualistic concept. It's a social and cultural view in how we believe a perceived sex should behave and/or attributes for it, and is a really interesting subject when we talk about what it means to be a gender across generations as cultures and societies change or move around. Made more so by how gender, gender expression, and gender roles shift based on needs or allowances of the environments that birth them.



  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Transvestitism is not a gender identity disorder.
    Okay. What does that have anything to do with what I said

  6. #86
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're usually the same because people "play the role" for the most part so it's generally fine to use them interchangeably. And if we're being honest most people will use the term "gender" in reference to biology because we have spent most of our lives in societies where no real difference had been observed outside of subcultures (and even then it would be a mislabel to present a Drag Queen as genderfluid). But in this instance it's more important to establish why they're different since the concept of gender identity (including genderfluid individuals) doesn't necessarily have to do with the sex of a person and is, like you said, a more individualistic concept. It's a social and cultural view in how we believe a perceived sex should behave and/or attributes for it, and is a really interesting subject when we talk about what it means to be a gender across generations as cultures and societies change or move around. Made more so by how gender, gender expression, and gender roles shift based on needs or allowances of the environments that birth them.
    One is a role assigned to us based on society and the other is a role we give to ourselves or at least that is what I understood from your post.
    We know a bit about why some things are more for males and we know why some things are more for females based on society,but we dont know how a person determines where they stand when they freely choose what they are.
    And I think people today like sjw,feminists etc are mixing this two categories and basically "forcing" everyone to assign a role to themselves.

    Which imo is the opposite of a perfect world imo,but funnily enough I think this sort of forcing people to choose their gender will actually lead to a perfect world when we talk about this issue.
    Why?
    Because when you can be anything you want nobody will care about gender at all.
    That said I am not sure whenever socializing with sexual intent will be harder or easier.

  7. #87
    Drag Queens don't supper from gender dysphoria. Just an FYI here if some of y'all cant tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

    I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

  8. #88
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,509
    It's so interesting to see how much hate is in this thread. I presented this question to everyone because in my class I have two students who identify as genderfluid (gender fluid?). Now, these students wholly and firmly believe they are genderfluid and they are 12 and 13. I don't understand the psychology of it, and in conversations I've had with our counselor, we've agreed that there is a certain trend in society on this, but there's just no way I'd ever let two innocent children be hurt, or bullied, or feel unsafe, based on how they feel. I honestly think some of you have had shameful responses and it's obviously quite clear to see why these two feel so unsure and unsafe in their lives.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  9. #89
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,404
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's so interesting to see how much hate is in this thread. I presented this question to everyone because in my class I have two students who identify as genderfluid (gender fluid?). Now, these students wholly and firmly believe they are genderfluid and they are 12 and 13. I don't understand the psychology of it, and in conversations I've had with our counselor, we've agreed that there is a certain trend in society on this, but there's just no way I'd ever let two innocent children be hurt, or bullied, or feel unsafe, based on how they feel. I honestly think some of you have had shameful responses and it's obviously quite clear to see why these two feel so unsure and unsafe in their lives.
    dude you're asking the internet for its honest opinion on homosexuals who crossdress, what did you expect?






  10. #90
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dude you're asking the internet for its honest opinion on homosexuals who crossdress, what did you expect?
    I never asked you that.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  11. #91
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    12,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drag Queens don't supper from gender dysphoria. Just an FYI here if some of y'all cant tell the difference.
    do they just enjoy dressing up?

  12. #92
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,404
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never asked you that.
    "I know a lot of people on this site believe that there are only two genders, but how do you feel about someone being genderfluid; switching their identity between a male and a female."
    =
    "how do you feel about homos who crossdress"






  13. #93
    Just because you crossdress doesnt mean youre gay, X didnt say anything about being gay or not

  14. #94
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "I know a lot of people on this site believe that there are only two genders, but how do you feel about someone being genderfluid; switching their identity between a male and a female."
    =
    "how do you feel about homos who crossdress"
    But it's not the same? In fact, even if we want to go along with your misinformed definition, more transgender people are attracted to the opposite sex that they were born as. Like, a man who has transitioned into a woman is still attracted to women 60% of the time. So it isn't as flimsy as you say where a homosexual man just wants to become a woman so they can have sex with men. Again, this is all describing transgender people, not genderfluid people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean, my one genderfluid student (who was is male) says that they like girls. It has nothing to do with sexuality in their case.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In other words what you have a problem with isnt what people choose to wear, its them choosing to wear clothing associated with an exclusive sex. In other words, if it was the norm that everyone who was a man wore a frilly dress and everyone who was a woman wore a power suit then there would be no issue with men wearing frilly dresses because that would be the manly thing to do.

    But this logic is wrong. If there is no concept of gender in Islam, then there should be no problem with people who experience gender dysphoria since gender not existing basically means there is no concrete black and white, male and female, answer for what gender a person is.
    1. Islam doesn't have a problem with people who have gender dysphoria, as that is a medical condition outside of their control.

    2. When I say Islam doesn't have the concept of gender, what is meant is that Islam doesn't have the concept of gender for the purposes of identification. You're either a male or a female and this is based on your genitalia.
    No.​

  16. #96
    Not Gay Gay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,404
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because you crossdress doesnt mean youre gay, X didnt say anything about being gay or not
    wait
    if u like women and socially identify as a women does that make you gay?






  17. #97
    ...

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The notion that gender fluidity doesnt exist is almost as laughable as some of the ill informed arguments ive seen in this thread. Of course gender fluidity exists. There are boys who are more comfortable playing with barbie dolls than they are with action men, and there are some men who prefer to wear gentler feminine colours like pink in their clothing than stronger masculine colours.

    It is beyond asinine to think everything can be placed neatly into two little boxes, when everyone has a different personality and a different upbringing. You may as well be saying all men and all women are the same because one has a vagina and one has a penis. Its caveman logic and you should feel bad if you think this way
    Gender is somewhat abstract and fuzzy, so it's expected that very few if anyone will be entirely 'masculine' or entirely 'feminine.'

    But this is not what is generally referred to when people use the term gender fluid. It's hard to place an exact definition, as this is still a somewhat informal word and a proper understanding of what exactly this word means hasn't crystallized.

    Still, gender is something linked to sex. There's no way around this. Multiple studies have shown that males are wired a certain way and females are wired a certain way. The anomalies are just that, anomalies.
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 06-14-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    No.​

  19. #99
    Gender is linked to sex in that the trend is that the vast majority of men will identify as being a man and the same is true for women, but that doesnt mean the anomalies should be ignored.

    Gender is based largely on motivation. As you said it isnt enough to just put on a dress and say you dont identify as a man because of it. People in Scotlands wear kilts because it is apart of their heritage and men can easily dress in drag and have it not mean anything to them. If youre wearing these things because you associate these things with a gender that isnt your own sex and you want to immerse yourself in that because of it thats when youre experiencing gender dsyphoria.

    I think there are level to doing that however and I think it isnt as cut and dry as that, I think we all have shades, both men and women of being both male and female in the way we act and behave and the ones who get the most focus are the ones who sit on the most extreme ends of the spectrum which is why theyre anomalies in the first place.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean this is a much larger problem than you realise it is. The whole concept of how people think women should behave and how people think men should behave. The biggest killer in the uk for young men aged between 18 and 45, with something like a staggering 75% of deaths attributed to it, is suicide. Thats because a lot of young men feel like its unmanly to actually talk about your feelings and see the problems theyre going through as weaknesses rather than things that they can address and talk through in the same way a woman would. We need to stamp out these whole entire concepts of gender and what people think women should behave like and what people think men should behave like.

  20. #100
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's so interesting to see how much hate is in this thread. I presented this question to everyone because in my class I have two students who identify as genderfluid (gender fluid?). Now, these students wholly and firmly believe they are genderfluid and they are 12 and 13. I don't understand the psychology of it, and in conversations I've had with our counselor, we've agreed that there is a certain trend in society on this, but there's just no way I'd ever let two innocent children be hurt, or bullied, or feel unsafe, based on how they feel. I honestly think some of you have had shameful responses and it's obviously quite clear to see why these two feel so unsure and unsafe in their lives.
    Thats why this thread should have never started, the little twats

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •