Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Houken killing Kyoukai

So, some considerations first.

1. Many are concerned about Kyoukai and how Hara has troubles handling her correctly.

2. Houken hasn't shown in this campaign yet, despite being possibly a game changer and definitely it's in his grasp to kill any Qin commanders he'd like on this battlefield (and probably the hardest to kill could be Kyoukai).

3. We have a feeling of invulnerability for the new gen, which is quite a bad thing cuz there's much less tension when they're involved ...

4. Now that Akou survived while Gakuei was killed, Zhao's left wing could use some help against this Qin right one.

Now, a solution to all this could simply be Houken go on that battlefield, and since he's attracted to the strongest dudes, either battle directly Kyoukai and kill her, or battling Shin with Kyoukai interposing at the last moment ... and finally dying.

Whaddya think ?

been going on how houken either takes kyoukai or yotanwa down before going down himself, for very much the reasons you stated - just iffy about the right wing one

so yeah kyoukai dying very soon to houken works for me

Kyoukai dying to Houken doesn't really add anything to the plot.

1) It would just make her a Kyou 2 and she will be fine when she separates from the HSU.

2) Shin already loss Duke and Ouki to Houken its not like he needs additional motivation.

3) The tension thing doesn't matter, the last thing we need is fake tension, we already know whats going to happen. We knew the Coalition Army was going to fail, and we know all the Zhao dogs in this war will be brutally killed but its still amusing to watch

4) Akou is out of commission for a while and we have 3 commanders vs 3 commanders. If Houken joins there is no conceivable way for the right wing not to be stomped, they are already outmatched currently.

And I doubt Yotanwa dies either, she has shown us nothing notable feats wise for someone of her caliber. A duel with Houken where she loses like Kyou won't be a good end.

Pretty sure Houken is not here anyway and is busy chopping trees.

I think plot wise Ten dying would be great as it would allow Shin and Kyoukai to evolve more. Maybe she can die to a stray arrow or something, Houken cleaving her in half would be way overkill

There's no need to story wise tbh

If Hara really find it hard to write her, just make her separate from hsu for a while as their own unit

Houken has already killed a lot of people important to Shin, killing Kyoukai wouldn't really add anything new to him, it would just be killing for the sake of cheap shock.

1. Houken has already killed Kyou, Ouki, and the Duke. What would be the point of him killing yet another strong opponent who is close to Shin?

2. Houken is presumably not on this battlefield, or even anywhere nearby.

3. This battle is already heavily in Zhao's favor. Killing Gakuei and saving Akou was the absolute minimum needed to keep open the possibility of victory.

4. Kyoukai's presence has been a problem in the past. It undermines the tension to have such a strong fighter in the HSU. This probably won't be a big issue in the future, though, mainly because Shin and Kyoukai will soon become generals and will be more independent, and also because Shin is catching up in strength.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

It could happen to her or Yotanwa at some point. But according to historical spoilers, they still have stuff to accomplish. Won't spoil more.

Ten dying due to her tendency to expose herself too much to danger could happen though.
    Last edited by Whysoserious; 06-12-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whaddya think ?
    Houken killing who?

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    Houken killing who?

I love Kyoukai but she needs to be gone. To die. To be erased from existence.

I love Ten but she needs to be gone. To die. To be erased from existence.
    Fixed that for you

Stop. Don't say anymore... My heart...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Oh, think he mistyped that

Fixed that for you
    I hope ten gets cleaved in half

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed that for you
    I hope ten gets cleaved in half

On other hand Ten is a fictional character, so she is expendable. And frankly imo she hinders Shins progress.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 06-12-2018 at 01:58 PM.

We should make a kill ten fan club

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiHatake View Post
    On other hand Ten is a fictional character, so she is expendable. And frankly imo she hinders Shins progress.
    wait a min, you monkey.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 06-12-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Only one post and its a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Only one post and its a spoiler
    dude is a dupe, probably.

Normally, it takes a fair amount of time to think of trying out a post with a spoiler in its correct format.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiHatake View Post
    I don't care about history, and I DO love Kyoukai. But she needs to die, and the sooner the better.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 06-12-2018 at 01:59 PM.

I don't care about history, and I DO love Kyoukai. But she needs to die, and the sooner the better.
    wtf is wrong with this contradictory perception of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    wtf is wrong with this contradictory perception of yours?
    I love her but with the way Hara's been using her (quite poorly), I could end liking her less or not caring as much, so if she dies while I still love the character, the last memories will be ones of a character I loved AND I'll care more about her death (i.e. the impact it will leave on me will be greater). So it's not really a contradiction