Tokyo Ghoul: RE is ending in 3 chapters

https://twitter.com/TG_Hub/status/1006081774651428864

Sounds good for me; now I can re-binge the original and noe binge RE after putting it off for so long.

Fucking finally.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fucking finally.
    Don't hold back how you really feel.

yeah, fucking finally

the original was pretty solid but RE took a massive shit on that

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

if ishida makes a tokyo ghoul 3, i will send hate mail!

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Don't hold back how you really feel.
    You don't understand, do you? This used to be one of my favorite mangas back when the original was still coming out. Every saturday was the week's highlight. I even read the damn spoilers, every single week.

But then the original Tokyo Ghoul ended, and left me to cry yet hopeful for sequel because I knew the author would not leave it at that.

But then slowly it turned to such a mess that I could not even bring myself to read it weekly anymore... And now here we are.

I've been just waiting for it to end so that I could binge it and put it all behind me.

I agree with Void on this. The first series was a breath of fresh air, but RE was overall disappointing. It's time for this manga to end.

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    yeh basically, loved the first series, RE was slow to start at first but it was still a sequel so I gave it a chance

but it just kept going down

hopefully Ishida doesn't milk it

I still want to finish the original one day.

Quote Originally Posted by P View Post
    I still want to finish the original one day.
    Finish the original and then never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Finish the original and then never look back.
    Will do.

I ended up dropping it around 3 years ago when it to to the point when like, 10 chapters were guys in business suits talking to each other.

about

goddamn

time

Is Tokyo Ghoul:RE really that bad?

I finished the original, and it became one of, if not my favourite series of all time. Haven't started RE yet, so would like to know if it's actually as bad as you guys are talking about it.

it's a trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Torch View Post
    Is Tokyo Ghoul:RE really that bad?

I finished the original, and it became one of, if not my favourite series of all time. Haven't started RE yet, so would like to know if it's actually as bad as you guys are talking about it.
    No, it's as good or even better than the original. From what I've seen, people are complaining about the series because of things they couldn't understand. Well, I do agree that almost everything after the Dragon is a mess, but it's still a really good story. The only thing the original was better at is art; sometimes it's hard to know what's going on in :re, especially in combat scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    No, it's as good or even better than the original. From what I've seen, people are complaining about the series because of things they couldn't understand. Well, I do agree that almost everything after the Dragon is a mess, but it's still a really good story. The only thing the original was better at is art; sometimes it's hard to know what's going on in :re, especially in combat scenes.
    My biggest complain about :re is

resurrecting characters that supposed to be dead. I hate when the authors do that without a good reason, bacause it makes death feel cheap.

It was obvious that Kaneki couldn't stay dead for the plot purposes and Takizawa did later play some role in the story, but bringing back the others was pointless. I remember the "deaths" of Hide and Amon having big impact on me, because I didn't expect it to happen (especially not Kaneki eating his best friend). For me bringing them back to life kinda robbed some of the greatness of part 1 finale. And recently even Eto was being brought back to life, again for no clear reason whatsoever. Being dead no longer means anything in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    My biggest complain about :re is

resurrecting characters that supposed to be dead. I hate when the authors do that without a good reason, bacause it makes death feel cheap.

It was obvious that Kaneki couldn't stay dead for the plot purposes and Takizawa did later play some role in the story, but bringing back the others was pointless. I remember the "deaths" of Hide and Amon having big impact on me, because I didn't expect it to happen (especially not Kaneki eating his best friend). For me bringing them back to life kinda robbed some of the greatness of part 1 finale. And recently even Eto was being brought back to life, again for no clear reason whatsoever. Being dead no longer means anything in this series.

Well, the thing with Tokyo Ghoul is that you can't really say the character's dead until you see the body, it's been a thing since the original series. It was never said that either Kaneki, Takizawa and Amon were dead, just missing. Kaneki is the main character, and he had to live, that's for sure. Both Takizawa and Amon turned out to be alive and ghoulified, which turned out to be a really good concept in the verse. Well, I can understand people complaining about Hide being alive, I thought he was dead as well.

As for Eto, she's a ghoul whose regenerative capabilities are way better than average ghouls. She survived after being cut in half by Kaneki and falling down from the skyscraper, there's no way she would be dead from the injures we've seen after her 'fight' against Futura. Not to mention, as we've learned in one of the recent chapters, Eto was controlling Kanke and Noro's kakuhous, and both of them has shown some crazy regeneration feats. Her coming back isn't that surprising.

That being said, I'm mad at Ishida for bringing Naki back. As much as I like him, he should have been dead. Now that I think about it, Miza was serious about him just sleeping, lol.