Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • RIBOKU

4 33.33%
  • RENPA

8 66.67%

Thread: Riboku vs Renpa

Riboku vs Renpa

Riboku is leading an army of 120 000 Zhao soldiers. The enemy is Renpa, former Zhao Great Heaven. He is fighting for Chu. Let us also imagine the HK are all still alive. His army also counts 120 000 men. The armies look like this:

The battlefield can be compared with Dakan plains. Both Renpa and Riboku have a hill. In the middle is another one that is still un-occupied.

Riboku is at the headquarters at his hill to overview the battlefield. With him a bodyguard unit of 5000 soldiers. Kaine is leading these.
    At the right Riboku has posted Bananji with 25 000 soldiers. With him is Futei too. At the left is Chougaryuu, leading 20 000 soldiers. Kinmou is with him. At the center there are 70 000 soldiers. Split in two. At the front there is Gyou'un with 30 000 vanguard. Behind him a second line of 40 000 who move as when Riboku orders. To support any side that needs it. Riboku is directly leading this part of the army the moment the first skirmishes start.

As said before, 120 000 men in total.

At Renpa his side, Kashibou is facing Bananji with 20 000 men. 10 000 of his elites and 10 000 Chu soldiers. Renpa has put Rinko facing Chougaryuu with 20 000 men, 600 of his elites and the others are Chu soldiers. Genbou is at the headquarters with 10 000 reserves. Renpa has ordered Kyouen with his 15 000 personal army to take the central hill. In the meantime Renpa will face the 30 000 Gyou'un army and 40 000 reserve Riboku army himself with 55 000 Chu soldiers.

Total Renpa army, 120 000 men too.

Note. Renpa does not know Houken is NOT there... So he is assuming he is.

Who wins this? Why? Difficulty?
    Last edited by Duke; 06-10-2018 at 05:00 PM.

トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Because of Houken?

Gonna go with Renpa here. Rinko should win his side while Kaishobu will have a very hard time and will need assistance by Kyouen or Genbou. I also don’t see how Gyuun can take on Renpa even with a number advantage if you count Ribokus 40k in.

Riboku himself admitted that he can't beat Renpa in a direct battle.

Renpa relieves Riboku of his noggin after a few days of fighting

renpa.

With enough planning Riboku can beat anybody. In a fair battle, with the same number of troops and no other named General I'd say Renpa wins quite comfortably.

Of course Riboku would never let that scenario to take place, that´s why he is the most dangerous Great Heaven and the best strategist of the series.

I think we are forgeting an important detail here.

Renpa said himself that he wouldn't be very effective with Chu soldiers in a big war.

If I remember it right, one of the reasons Renpa lost Sanyou war was because he didn't have his Zhao army, aside from some elites. With Chu soldiers it's even worse for him. IMO, it's Riboku's victory high diff.
    Last edited by Cichy; 06-10-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    With Chu soldiers it's even worse for him. IMO, it's Riboku's victory high diff.
    I see this the same, thats for me the hardest part. I can see Renpa win with a Zhao army and all of his men have theyr full elites and everything, but this is a huge weakness for him. just thinking about it if Rinko had more elites the whole Mouten plan and Qin would have been fucked.

The only way Riboku wins here is if ALL of Renpa's Chu soldiers are drafted from farmers and peasants while another 40,000 fresh Zhao soldiers are hidden away from the battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Huo Yuhao View Post
    The only way Riboku wins here is if ALL of Renpa's Chu soldiers are drafted from farmers and peasants while another 40,000 fresh Zhao soldiers are hidden away from the battlefield.
    Demn I see what you did.

Renpa > Riboku in more direct warfare.
    Riboku > Renpa in a more strategic chess warfare.

Having said that I think Riboku should win this given that Renpa is leading men of Chu.

Renpa leading Chu soldiers is the difference maker.
    Riboku wins here

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post

Riboku for me. Because Renpa has Chu soldiers.