Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60
  1. #1

    Austria plans to shut down mosques, expel foreign-funded imams

    Austria’s right-wing government plans to shut down seven mosques and expel up to 40 imams in what it said was “just the beginning” of a push against Islamist ideology and foreign funding of religious groups.

    The coalition government, an alliance of conservatives and the far right, came to power soon after Europe’s migration crisis on promises to prevent another influx and clamp down on benefits for new immigrants and refugees.

    In a previous job as minister in charge of integration, Chancellor Sebastian Kurz oversaw the passing of a tough “law on Islam” in 2015, which banned foreign funding of religious groups and created a duty for Muslim societies to have “a positive fundamental view towards (Austria’s) state and society”.

    “Political Islam’s parallel societies and radicalizing tendencies have no place in our country,” Kurz told a news conference outlining the government’s decisions, which were based on that law.

    Austria, a country of 8.8 million people, has roughly 600,000 Muslim inhabitants, most of whom are Turkish or have families of Turkish origin.

    One society that runs a mosque in Vienna and is influenced by the “Grey Wolves”, a Turkish nationalist youth group, would be shut down for operating illegally, the government said in a statement.

    An Arab Muslim group that runs at least six mosques would also be shut down, it added.

    “This is just the beginning,” far-right Vice Chancellor Heinz-Christian Strache told the news conference held by four cabinet members.

    Turkish presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said the move was the result of an “Islamophobic, racist and discriminatory wave” in Austria and was an attempt to target Muslim communities for political gains.

    “The Austrian government’s ideologically charged practices are in violation of universal legal principles, social integration policies, minority rights and the ethics of co-existence,” he tweeted.

    “Efforts to normalize Islamophobia and racism must be rejected under all circumstances.”

    The ministers said up to 60 imams belonging to ATIB, a Muslim group close to the Turkish government, could be expelled from the country or have visas denied on grounds of receiving foreign funding.

    A government handout put the number at 40, of whom 11 were under review and two had already received a negative ruling.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKCN1J40X1

    ------------------------

    I am feeling ambivalence towards this decision. My initial reaction was shock and disbelief, as it significantly limits the express of religios freedom. It is a dangerous precedence, allowing to limit other things with a similar sounding rhetoric, with people not being able to voice their concerns against it, since they havent done so in this case. "you didnt say anything when we send those dangerous muslim home, why are you annoyed that now we are sending you dangerous jews home" - in a sense. of course this is an extreme example of how things can turn out but you may get my drift. the precedence is what counts.

    But on the other hand I take a look back at how active certain mosques and imams have, in public, broadcasted in TV or radio, rallied against things we consider our western values. Freedom of speech. Freedom of sexuality. All these things. And in not only one instance have supporters or attentands of these mosques and imams later then commited crimes, referring to the indoctrination they received beforehand.

    -

    I need to think about this more thouroughly. But the fact that I am not automatically against such a drastic step may simply be an indicator for how complex these matters have become.

  2. #2
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,448
    Seems racist.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  3. #3
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WE DEM BOYS
    Posts
    6,187
    Their reasoning seems a bit vague but werk. Whatever makes the majority of your citizenry happy I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

  4. #4
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    11,244
    Goddamn 600 000

    I didn't know things were that bad.

    And before you say anything, our biggest amount of foreign residents comes from sweden, and that isn't even 250 k! They live next to us.




  5. #5
    Merche Funebre Fatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wano
    Posts
    3,350
    I can see both sides. One one hand it is difficult as an outsider to understand the internal dynamics of a country, but at the same time i can't help, but point out that in the countries the immigrants are coming from how many religions outside of Islam are allowed to be practiced? How many Christian Churches stand or Jewish Temples? If we are judging what one country does critically why not look at every countries methods of dealing with immigration and religion.

  6. #6
    Knight of Stars pizzadust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,904
    Seems like this would only escalate tensions

  7. #7
    See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    19,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like this would only escalate tensions
    Take a minority group who might be prone to radicalization through the idea of a bigger threat coming down on them, and then take the first step in doing that very thing they fear? Nah, shouldn't end poorly at all.

  8. #8
    Stupid as this is I’m not surprised, it’s only going to get worse and worse for Muslims in the West.

    This is bigotry fueled by irrational fear. Treating your minorities well so you win them over to your side seems like it would be common sense. All this is going to do is turn Muslims against the state.
    No.​

  9. #9
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    I am more concerned if this can be used as some sort of example to go beyond religious folks.
    That is the scary part.
    Once you start dictating what freedom is you are growing closer and closer to no freedom.

  10. #10
    baji17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Albania
    Posts
    1,684
    Its basically only the start as he said, sooner or later the same thing and even worse will happen to all muslims in the west, u would be a total fool if u didnt see this coming.

    Mass immigration would sooner or later lead to europe becoming nationalistic and giving up on their liberal values, push it a little more and u will have nazis 2.0 just replace jews with muslims, this is totally the fault of inept liberal governments fucking up Europe royally ever since the refugee crisis.

  11. #11
    ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ ส็็็ Tendou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WE DEM BOYS
    Posts
    6,187
    This doesn't bode well though, considering the council presidency is swinging Austria's way. Hopefully brexit and the "europeanisation of the balkans" keeps their attention away from the immigrant witch hunt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn't understand the substance. (under-sub; stand-stance)
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon T.O.P. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling someone a nigger is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "As I watched top with a bashful smile, all I could do was bitterly laugh. His Dao of absurdity and anti-grammar had reached a level beyond my comprehension. "Dealth" was myy only fate."
    B

  12. #12
    No.1 Wasted Potential SpiRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    4,139
    Smart, they saw what plague muslims are. Just look what's happening to any country where muslims are allowed to enter. I hope one day every muslim will be expelled from Europe.
    Kong Facts ~ 19.7.2017
    KONG FACTS ~ 19.7.2017

    Atheists are declining!

    The way Europe is going, it will be Muslim in a few generations!

    China is evangelizing on a scale this world has never seen!

    China will be biggest Christian country!

    Atheist are not even 2%!

    Atheists don't even breed!

    Science is Religion!

    Atheism hampered science!
    Kong Facts ~ One Piece Edition
    -Carrot, Sanji and Pedro are Big Mom Pirates!
    -Mihawk was talking about PHYSICAL distance across the ice!
    Time to fill my signature with more intelligent posters of MF

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course they do, they pick up shit like psychology, philosophy and art, because they can't finish any decent major. They can't contribute to society in any way. Freeloaders, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grasping for air is much worse than losing half of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhm, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Mom's probably weaker than all the admirals, Marco and King as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake from State Farm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rare events are a dime a dozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. Mihawk is stronger than both Shanks and Akainu. He can win against this version of Whitebeard with high or extreme difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, yeah. Steven Hawking never did anything to better humanity's place on this earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no such thing as free education. But even if it did exist... it would be awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That CUNT SpiRo can get the fuck out. The act of watching graphic stuff like that is not in and of itself bad. Ive always had a fascination with snuff and disturbing films. If youre going to argue that im not a good person or whatever because of that, then i guess every single person who likes action movies, manga, sports or anything that contains physical combat and violence must also be the same. There is a distinction between having an INTEREST in something and ADVOCATING or APPROVING of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu is stronger than Shanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean do I think Vergo could beat Sanji, it already happened in the manga.

    Zoro is stronger than Vergo, was the same seat level as Pica and Zoro effortlessly put him down.

    Zoro would beat Sanji with even less difficulty than he beat Pica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy. The guy can stitch his internal organs after taking a Counter Shock hit, sword wounds are a piece of cake for him. Vista's Mihawk level Haki and base stats would probably push Doffy to high-difficulty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy with a sword. Plain and simple. It's same like beating Buggy with a sword or Jozu with a sword. It's impossible, use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evidence is the anime filler and common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy>Jozu>Cracker.The Manga show´s it pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mihawk has more Hype,better portrayal and the better feats.

    Aokiji had problems with Jozu.

    Mihawk is also for now the strongest Char in the Series.Thats for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The World know that Mihawk is the WSS.He is just as famous and dangerous as the yonkous.The only difference is that he has no crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the last battle of MF Whitebeard where he KO'ed Akainu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy cannot fight Mihawk for even 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Base Teach was able to defeat that pre-prime Shanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu couldn't continue fighting while WB could. Pretty clear cut to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Fujitora is one of the fastest characters in the world if you did not know well you learned something today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zoro>Vergo>Smoker>Sanji
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu, by some luck, didn't fall into the sea, he probably caught a piece of ground and cling onto it until he regained his consciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also we know that BM already defeated Kaido at least once or even twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark777 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So OuHon's weight is already HEAVIER than Duke Hyou's.
    DreX the "Intelligent" earned a special spot for all his remarkable claims

    October 6, 2007: Chapter 473: Kuma appears and obviously uses his DF ability.
    September 8, 2008: Chapter 513: Sentoumaru explains Kuma's ability.
    April 24, 2017: DreX has a THEORY how "Repelling gotta be a part of Kuma's Devil Fruit ability"
    DreX the Asswiper. Is a pro who wipes asses with a Don!

    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it has nothing to do with 'imports' or whatever. Half the fault falls on the one being rapped rather than the one rapping. I mean, it's like putting a tasty pizza with mayo on it in front of the hungry you, switch on the quite music, prepare the drinks, and yet ask you no to eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okey.
    So, Shanks is the protege of the PK? and Mihawk is the protege of the Apes king ? both of them were on the same ship idiot, not even a hint on who Roger preferred from the both in the manga, and when did i fucking say that Shanks has no potential, didn't even say that he falls to Mihawk in that aspect, i'm merely saying that we can say who.

    Monkey, Mihawk said that he ain't fighting Shanks in that specific meeting of their, and it was in a sarcastic way of denying because he didn't come for fighting unlike usual, he came for showing him Luffy's poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every CoA is hardening but not every hardening is CoA
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Retard, Shanks lost deliberately to that marine snake. Why would he want to heal his lost arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand you want to pride yourself with my sayings in ur sig but don't overdo it, ur sig reeks shit so it doesn't stand to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course my sig reeks of shit when i have you in my sig.
    DreX "making fun" of serious religion Pastafarianism..

  13. #13
    And this is y’all democracy.

    Austria been racist as fuck.


  14. #14
    No.1 Wasted Potential SpiRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    4,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D. Boss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And this is y’all democracy.

    Austria been racist as fuck.
    How is it racist wanting to remove terrorists out of your country? If muslims could behave like decent human beings this would not be happening.
    Kong Facts ~ 19.7.2017
    KONG FACTS ~ 19.7.2017

    Atheists are declining!

    The way Europe is going, it will be Muslim in a few generations!

    China is evangelizing on a scale this world has never seen!

    China will be biggest Christian country!

    Atheist are not even 2%!

    Atheists don't even breed!

    Science is Religion!

    Atheism hampered science!
    Kong Facts ~ One Piece Edition
    -Carrot, Sanji and Pedro are Big Mom Pirates!
    -Mihawk was talking about PHYSICAL distance across the ice!
    Time to fill my signature with more intelligent posters of MF

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course they do, they pick up shit like psychology, philosophy and art, because they can't finish any decent major. They can't contribute to society in any way. Freeloaders, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grasping for air is much worse than losing half of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhm, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Mom's probably weaker than all the admirals, Marco and King as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake from State Farm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rare events are a dime a dozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. Mihawk is stronger than both Shanks and Akainu. He can win against this version of Whitebeard with high or extreme difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, yeah. Steven Hawking never did anything to better humanity's place on this earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no such thing as free education. But even if it did exist... it would be awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That CUNT SpiRo can get the fuck out. The act of watching graphic stuff like that is not in and of itself bad. Ive always had a fascination with snuff and disturbing films. If youre going to argue that im not a good person or whatever because of that, then i guess every single person who likes action movies, manga, sports or anything that contains physical combat and violence must also be the same. There is a distinction between having an INTEREST in something and ADVOCATING or APPROVING of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu is stronger than Shanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean do I think Vergo could beat Sanji, it already happened in the manga.

    Zoro is stronger than Vergo, was the same seat level as Pica and Zoro effortlessly put him down.

    Zoro would beat Sanji with even less difficulty than he beat Pica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy. The guy can stitch his internal organs after taking a Counter Shock hit, sword wounds are a piece of cake for him. Vista's Mihawk level Haki and base stats would probably push Doffy to high-difficulty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy with a sword. Plain and simple. It's same like beating Buggy with a sword or Jozu with a sword. It's impossible, use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evidence is the anime filler and common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy>Jozu>Cracker.The Manga show´s it pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mihawk has more Hype,better portrayal and the better feats.

    Aokiji had problems with Jozu.

    Mihawk is also for now the strongest Char in the Series.Thats for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The World know that Mihawk is the WSS.He is just as famous and dangerous as the yonkous.The only difference is that he has no crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the last battle of MF Whitebeard where he KO'ed Akainu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy cannot fight Mihawk for even 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Base Teach was able to defeat that pre-prime Shanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu couldn't continue fighting while WB could. Pretty clear cut to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Fujitora is one of the fastest characters in the world if you did not know well you learned something today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zoro>Vergo>Smoker>Sanji
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu, by some luck, didn't fall into the sea, he probably caught a piece of ground and cling onto it until he regained his consciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also we know that BM already defeated Kaido at least once or even twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark777 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So OuHon's weight is already HEAVIER than Duke Hyou's.
    DreX the "Intelligent" earned a special spot for all his remarkable claims

    October 6, 2007: Chapter 473: Kuma appears and obviously uses his DF ability.
    September 8, 2008: Chapter 513: Sentoumaru explains Kuma's ability.
    April 24, 2017: DreX has a THEORY how "Repelling gotta be a part of Kuma's Devil Fruit ability"
    DreX the Asswiper. Is a pro who wipes asses with a Don!

    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it has nothing to do with 'imports' or whatever. Half the fault falls on the one being rapped rather than the one rapping. I mean, it's like putting a tasty pizza with mayo on it in front of the hungry you, switch on the quite music, prepare the drinks, and yet ask you no to eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okey.
    So, Shanks is the protege of the PK? and Mihawk is the protege of the Apes king ? both of them were on the same ship idiot, not even a hint on who Roger preferred from the both in the manga, and when did i fucking say that Shanks has no potential, didn't even say that he falls to Mihawk in that aspect, i'm merely saying that we can say who.

    Monkey, Mihawk said that he ain't fighting Shanks in that specific meeting of their, and it was in a sarcastic way of denying because he didn't come for fighting unlike usual, he came for showing him Luffy's poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every CoA is hardening but not every hardening is CoA
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Retard, Shanks lost deliberately to that marine snake. Why would he want to heal his lost arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand you want to pride yourself with my sayings in ur sig but don't overdo it, ur sig reeks shit so it doesn't stand to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course my sig reeks of shit when i have you in my sig.
    DreX "making fun" of serious religion Pastafarianism..

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it racist wanting to remove terrorists out of your country? If muslims could behave like decent human beings this would not be happening.
    I don't got time with your back and forth bullshit.

    You're retarded and the next time you quote me will be ignored. Don't quote me retard.


  16. #16
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take a minority group who might be prone to radicalization through the idea of a bigger threat coming down on them, and then take the first step in doing that very thing they fear? Nah, shouldn't end poorly at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupid as this is I’m not surprised, it’s only going to get worse and worse for Muslims in the West.

    This is bigotry fueled by irrational fear. Treating your minorities well so you win them over to your side seems like it would be common sense. All this is going to do is turn Muslims against the state.
    Apparently the mosques being closed down have all been reported by the Islamic community itself for radicalism and ties with terrorist organizations. It's not like they're doing this indiscriminately.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently the mosques being closed down have all been reported by the Islamic community itself for radicalism and ties with terrorist organizations. It's not like they're doing this indiscriminately.
    This is a common tactic. Take a troubled member of a community and entice them to spy on their own people in exchange for certain perks. Often times creating issues that were not there in the first place. Happens with both religious and ethnic minorities worldwide.

    The way the Austrian government is phrasing their words are purposefully misleading. For example, it's stated that the mosques and imams are receiving foreign funding. The automatic assumption people make when they hear this term in relation to Islam is terrorism. But the foreign funding received here is from Diyanet, which should hardly be a cause of concern.

    This is just a stupid way to go about solving a problem that isn't really a problem.
    No.​

  18. #18
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a common tactic. Take a troubled member of a community and entice them to spy on their own people in exchange for certain perks. Often times creating issues that were not there in the first place. Happens with both religious and ethnic minorities worldwide.

    The way the Austrian government is phrasing their words are purposefully misleading. For example, it's stated that the mosques and imams are receiving foreign funding. The automatic assumption people make when they hear this term in relation to Islam is terrorism. But the foreign funding received here is from Diyanet, which should hardly be a cause of concern.

    This is just a stupid way to go about solving a problem that isn't really a problem.
    Only one was Diyanet, and that was the one with terrorist ties. The other mosques were salafists.

    Why do you think foreign countries funding salafist/wahabist radicals isn't a problem?

  19. #19
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    It is funny to see muslims on defense here
    If it's indeed as ultra is saying they are doing what they are doing because of terrorism,not cuz you are muslim.
    The fact that being muslim got tied heavily to terrorism is something you can thank isil and your fellow muslims who joined them.

  20. #20
    Not Gay Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    doot doot
    Posts
    10,010
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdragonstory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is funny to see muslims on defense here
    If it's indeed as ultra is saying they are doing what they are doing because of terrorism,not cuz you are muslim.
    The fact that being muslim got tied heavily to terrorism is something you can thank isil and your fellow muslims who joined them.
    What the fuck? Do you have any idea of how many white people join ISIS?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •