Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Gaimou have the potential to rank up?

He's a 97 in martial when the latest databook came out, but does he have the potential to be a 98 by the time he fights Shin again? Or has he plateau-ed and peaked out his potential?
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Think he has peaked. He should be fairly old at this point.

Probably he won't improve.
    There's no need for him to improve in strength department anyway.
    Maybe about commanding army etc
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-08-2018 at 08:25 AM.

absolutely not

- - - Updated - - -

also i'd love for gaimou vs shin round 3 to not be a thing. I know a lot consider him to be the necessary step between shin now and the shin who'll beat houken, but this kind of ladder is far too telephoned for my liking.

i'd rather see gaimou fall to someone else and preferably to tactics. A big fish like him dying to a strategist would give minds the spot they deserve in what's been a very muscly-centered series thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think he has peaked. He should be fairly old at this point.
    I had the vibes he was a young buck when he encountered Ouki, I think he should be around Moubu's age, maybe a bit older

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Probably be won't improve.
    There's no need for him to improve in strength department anyway.
    Maybe about commanding army etc
    he's pretty much a dumb brute anyways, it's Ten that needs to step up against Junsou to fully beat the duo and that's 100% certain to happen. honestly looks boring if Shin's the only one growing and this guy just had sex all that time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    absolutely not
    why not?
    All Hail Aldo Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    why not?
    because the guy's as old and uninsteresting as it gets. It's as asking if renpa will ever polish his instinct up to duke hyou's level. There's no point to it.

gaimou's the epitome of the stone static midgame boss and i don't think he needs or deserves any boost. Him seeing all the other fire dragons buried is already hard enough to swallow lol

because the guy's as old and uninsteresting as it gets. It's as asking if renpa will ever polish his instinct up to duke hyou's level. There's no point to it.

gaimou's the epitome of the stone static midgame boss and i don't think he needs or deserves any boost. Him seeing all the other fire dragons buried is already hard enough to swallow lol
    Renpa's pretty much retired now and got his conclusion with Mougou's victory. Hara didn't introduce Gaimou just to have him sit there and age lmao, there's still things to be resolved and potential to be had. if not, why not just kill him off like Ouhon with Earl Shi?

I don't think he cares about the other FDs at all, well maybe the fact that he couldn't bone Shi's sister himself lol
    All Hail Aldo Jones

absolutely not

- - - Updated - - -

also i'd love for gaimou vs shin round 3 to not be a thing. I know a lot consider him to be the necessary step between shin now and the shin who'll beat houken, but this kind of ladder is far too telephoned for my liking.

i'd rather see gaimou fall to someone else and preferably to tactics. A big fish like him dying to a strategist would give minds the spot they deserve in what's been a very muscly-centered series thus far.
    tfw you agree with Crispy for once

- - - Updated - - -

I had the vibes he was a young buck when he encountered Ouki, I think he should be around Moubu's age, maybe a bit older

he's pretty much a dumb brute anyways, it's Ten that needs to step up against Junsou to fully beat the duo and that's 100% certain to happen. honestly looks boring if Shin's the only one growing and this guy just had sex all that time lol

why not?

there's literally no difference whether he's a 97 dumb brute or 98 dumb brute tbh

If he should grow, then grow more with leading army thing
    Last edited by gn_x00; 06-08-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Renpa's pretty much retired now and got his conclusion with Mougou's victory. Hara didn't introduce Gaimou just to have him sit there and age lmao, there's still things to be resolved and potential to be had. if not, why not just kill him off like Ouhon with Earl Shi?

I don't think he cares about the other FDs at all, well maybe the fact that he couldn't bone Shi's sister himself lol
    he might not care but i care a lot about him being the last survivor of the group. Not positively, that is.

yeah just like renpa has no point anymore, as well with several other characters that are all but retired, i think gaimou never had much point to begin with, aside representing an obvious stepping stone far less fashionable than rinko. That's why i think his character only gets plot value if he's gonna be handled differently from what everyone and their mothers expect.

I can see him reaching 98 strength stat.

I don't think he'll improve martially. Perhaps his leadership, but really I think he's at his peak now. I guess maybe if he was to have an extreme diff, bloody victory over someone he may grow up to 98 but that won't be happening. His only major duel will be against Shin.

I agree that he isn't Ouki's age though. More likely Kyou's age. All the FD's are younger than the average 6/3, hence their short stay at the top combined with it only being 14 years ago at the time of their return.

absolutely not

- - - Updated - - -

RIBOKU is muscled centered?

He shouldn't get stronger, but his other stats could get a bump, yeah.

also, shin vs gaimou r3 WILL happen. it was set up when gaimou spared shin and told him to get an answer for why his path is right, the clashing of ideologies is a central point of this series, hara isn't going to throw this under the carpet.

he might not care but i care a lot about him being the last survivor of the group. Not positively, that is.
    Gaimou was quality and the greatest of the newly introduced Fire Dragons, so it makes sense that his survival would be prioritized over the other two. The problem wasn't Gaimou surviving, but wasting Reiou because he couldn't let Shin get through the arc without a kill, because Wei could have really used another significant threat for its final arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Gaimou was quality and the greatest of the newly introduced Fire Dragons

ok gp

He is right.

Earl Shi and Reiou... Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Gaimou was quality and the greatest of the newly introduced Fire Dragons, so it makes sense that his survival would be prioritized over the other two. The problem wasn't Gaimou surviving, but wasting Reiou because he couldn't let Shin get through the arc without a kill, because Wei could have really used another significant threat for its final arc.
    Earl Shi should have survived too. In fact Qin should have lost that campaign, it would have made for a better story.

Wei being defeated even with that stacked deck and losing 2 GGs to boot just made them look like a joke.

Tbh, introducing all 3 is a mistake to begin with.
    They should be okay with introducing Reiou (for example) and then say something about the other 2 fd which isn't sent to chouyou. Have Reiou fight Tou and create some HK equivalent as the new gen's enemy

And GHM can just drink tea until the tent is ready to be burnt

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Tbh, introducing all 3 is a mistake to begin with.
    They should be okay with introducing Reiou (for example) and then say something about the other 2 fd which isn't sent to chouyou. Have Reiou fight Tou and create some HK equivalent as the new gen's enemy
    This.

97-98 does that even matter?