Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kanki vs Duke Hyou

Location: Sanyou forest area (the place where Kanki vs Kaishibou happens)

Kanki has 50k bandits, but he doesn't have his named commanders (example: he has Zenou clan, but he didn't have Zenou himself)

Duke Hyou has 50k soldiers, including 10k his elites

Intel: Reputation only

Kanki stomps

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kanki stomps
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    How so?
    Duke relies too much on battlefield vision to get his instinct to work, and that's without saying he also needs firestarters. mobility is also a huge thing in this battle, he can't simply get from point a to point b the moment a fire starts up, since it's in a forest after all. moving carelessly like that against Kanki is just asking for trouble.

Kanki stomps
    No one can Stomp Duke on equal troops.
    Shunshinkun: This is Duke Hyou we are talking about here, the General who has crushed under his heel God knows how many strategical generals that sough to challenge him.
    Riboku: It would appear that, you are a man who has surpassed the boundaries of my understanding, a general who is the true epitome of the instinctual type.

Void must had the sun too much on him.

Duke stomps.

Quote Originally Posted by Great General View Post
    No one can Stomp Duke on equal troops.
    Shunshinkun: This is Duke Hyou we are talking about here, the General who has crushed under his heel God knows how many strategical generals that sough to challenge him.
    Riboku: It would appear that, you are a man who has surpassed the boundaries of my understanding, a general who is the true epitome of the instinctual type.
    care to tell me how Duke will avoid being stomped then?

without subs Kanki loses, with them he's basically unbeatable in kokuyou

Don’t really see Kanki winning. I doubt he could outsmart the Duke to the point his instinct isn’t aware of being trapped. If the Duke has his elites around him Kanki doesn’t even have the manpower to take him down unless he gets the Duke in an extremely bad position where he is completly outnumbered. But that is very unlikely due to his already mentioned instinct.

With his subs I think he could take it though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    Don’t really see Kanki winning. I doubt he could outsmart the Duke to the point his instinct isn’t aware of being trapped. If the Duke has his elites around him Kanki doesn’t even have the manpower to take him down unless he gets the Duke in an extremely bad position where he is completly outnumbered. But that is very unlikely due to his already mentioned instinct.
    This.

I think with subs Kanki has a good chance in this environment, but without subs it will be difficult for him to actually capitalize on any openings and do enough damage to the Duke that he wouldn't be able to turn things around.

Wink

care to tell me how Duke will avoid being stomped then?
    Well, the others already explain that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Great General View Post
    Well, the others already explain that for me.
    don't be lazy

I like how some people are randomly assuming that Duke somehow can't fight in forest. That is an assumption unsupported by manga.
    Duke is Not just a martial arts General who wins battle by charging mindlessly.
    Duke is epitome of instinct. He knows when to charge and when not to. You can't bait him. He can smell traps from miles long.
    Kanki is a gambler. His entire fighting style is baiting his opponent to make mistakes. I can't see him doing that to Duke.
    Keisha had almost destroyed Kanki's army which only survived because they ran like hell.
    At some point Kanki will have to send someone to take Duke's head and that someone is not surviving.
    So I see Duke not falling for Kanki's baits and slowly killing his Generals. He wins.
    And for the record no one absolutely no one in entire fucking China can stomp Duke. I haven't ruled out the possibility of Kanki winning. Kanki sure can. He is very talented General. But idea of him fodderizing Duke is preposterous. That is never happening.

Sure Duke can fight in the forest and beat the vast majority of generals there, but he's still somewhat blunted there. Just like how you won't be doing Kanki any favors by dumping him in the plains against Duke (even if Kanki's underestimated as beinh completely impotent there).

Kanki doesn't have to kill the Duke directly and will know better than to try. Like most he will target his soldiers. And with Keisha he's demonstrated he knows how to deal with instinctual types by depriving them of a fire. Duke won't be as straightforward as Keisha obviously but the forest is a.far more forgiving environment to tackle the Duke than the plains, doesn't really help that its Kanki's ideal playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Amol View Post
    I like how some people are randomly assuming that Duke somehow can't fight in forest. That is an assumption unsupported by manga.
    Duke is Not just a martial arts General who wins battle by charging mindlessly.
    Duke is epitome of instinct. He knows when to charge and when not to. You can't bait him. He can smell traps from miles long.
    Kanki is a gambler. His entire fighting style is baiting his opponent to make mistakes. I can't see him doing that to Duke.
    Keisha had almost destroyed Kanki's army which only survived because they ran like hell.
    At some point Kanki will have to send someone to take Duke's head and that someone is not surviving.
    So I see Duke not falling for Kanki's baits and slowly killing his Generals. He wins.
    And for the record no one absolutely no one in entire fucking China can stomp Duke. I haven't ruled out the possibility of Kanki winning. Kanki sure can. He is very talented General. But idea of him fodderizing Duke is preposterous. That is never happening.
    Obviously Duke can play in forest and rough terrain as seen in his little clash with GHM. Although he does lose a bit of his charging power due to the terrain, it won't really make his instinct go dull.

However Kanki is also customized his tactics to suit the enemy. He won't be sending someone to take Duke head like what he did vs Keisha, nor he'll try to sneak and assassinate Duke like what he did vs Genbou when he knows Duke reputations as one of the best duelist in China (according to reputations shown in Dakan Plains hype anyway)

We see Kanki doing a bit more active guerilla and psychological warfare vs Kaishibou instead of just setting up traps

Not to mention flame hare will make it hard for Duke to start a big blaze since they'll just retreat whenever they're in bad positions

The Duke doesn't rely exclusively on battlefield vision. In the very first battle we saw of him he was in the HQ far from any fighting, commanding the troops
    He just requires information. The difference between him and Keisha is that Keisha waits for his opponent to do something he can pounce on whereas the Duke sticks his neck out to trigger a response from his opponent and depriving him of anything is just gonna result in him going through your troops leisurely like what happened after the second day against Keisha where he was leading small charges and killing thousands of zhao waitng for Keisha's move

The fact people only dare putting Kanki vs Duke in the forrest... Says enough how strong the Duke and his men really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The fact people only dare putting Kanki vs Duke in the forrest... Says enough how strong the Duke and his men really are.
    I would actually say the intention is the exact opposite of what you just said...

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    I would actually say the intention is the exact opposite of what you just said...
    Mate. Do not be retarded. I like you.