>Bane
    >Riddler
    >Penguin
    >Mad Hatter
    >Ra's al ghul
    >Deathstroke
    >Tons more

Step down
    What's this supposed to prove exactly? Do you think you couldn't provide such a list of villains from other heroes or that Mad Hatter, Cobblepot, and Bane are the A-grade status that other rogue galleries simply can't measure up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's this supposed to prove exactly? Do you think you couldn't provide such a list of villains from other heroes or that Mad Hatter, Cobblepot, and Bane are the A-grade status that other rogue galleries simply can't measure up to?
    The Joker alone hard stomps anyone Spidey has.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    The flash.

I don't care much for the spider-man villains.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    The flash.

I don't care much for the spider-man villains.
    What about them didn't you care for?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd probably have to go with Spiderman, that's a tough selection to beat.
    Am I crazy? Didn't we do this before?

I can't locate the thread, but I could have sworn we've done this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    The Joker alone hard stomps anyone Spidey has.
    He's the most iconic for sure, doesn't really translate to being the best or stomping any opposition, or that he's even a flawless villain.

I think he's actually gone through quite a few rough patches over the years. In order to try competing with the Bat-God that DC created trying to make Batman a legitimate threat to the Justice League, they've tried elevating Joker up to match making him pretty much Satan incarnate instead of just some kooky criminal dressed up like a clown, and it's come off as really ham-fisted and try-hard. That's not even getting into some of the extreme edgelord phases where they decided levity should take a back seat for the Clown Prince and he should be pulling stunts like cutting his own face off.

Could even argue his iconic status is something of a double edge sword, because then you risk him overshadowing the rest of the rogue gallery and/or getting shoved down people's throat like in the Arkham games where they have to make him take center stage each and every time stealing the spotlight from whoever was suppose to have their day in the limelight. He can end up becoming something of a safety net for writers who aren't confident they can sell a big story with one of the lesser villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Am I crazy? Didn't we do this before?

I can't locate the thread, but I could have sworn we've done this before.
    On more than one occasion

Here's one such instance: http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...gues-Galleries

Spiderman.

He's the most iconic for sure, doesn't really translate to being the best or stomping any opposition, or that he's even a flawless villain.

I think he's actually gone through quite a few rough patches over the years. In order to try competing with the Bat-God that DC created trying to make Batman a legitimate threat to the Justice League, they've tried elevating Joker up to match making him pretty much Satan incarnate instead of just some kooky criminal dressed up like a clown, and it's come off as really ham-fisted and try-hard. That's not even getting into some of the extreme edgelord phases where they decided levity should take a back seat for the Clown Prince and he should be pulling stunts like cutting his own face off.

Could even argue his iconic status is something of a double edge sword, because then you risk him overshadowing the rest of the rogue gallery and/or getting shoved down people's throat like in the Arkham games where they have to make him take center stage each and every time stealing the spotlight from whoever was suppose to have their day in the limelight. He can end up becoming something of a safety net for writers who aren't confident they can sell a big story with one of the lesser villains.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Yeah, I should probably merge these threads.

Also wanted to throw a mention to the X-Men and Superman rogues galleries.
    Last edited by Makenzye; 06-05-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Batman's Rogue Gallery is the most memorable for me.

Spiderman with Batman right behind. i also prefer most of the alliances Spidey makes over any other hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Spiderman with Batman right behind. i also prefer most of the alliances Spidey makes over any other hero
    Yeah, Spidey has a tendency to team up with his villains (as Spidey has a tendency to team up with ANYTHING) to combat other threats. Though it's usually portrayed in a personal grudge way and not just a, "We're both New Yorkers, so we stick together" way. Often enough it's an "Enemy of my enemy is a friend for now," sort of way.

Spidey and Venom, Spidey and Kaine, Spidey and the Lizard, Spidey and Sandman, Spidey and Jameson, Spidey and the Cat, Spidey and Ock, Spidey and a fire hydrant, Spidey and random bystander #58. Seriously, Spider-Man teams up with anything. There was a miniseries based around this very concept.

Yeah, Spidey has a tendency to team up with his villains (as Spidey has a tendency to team up with ANYTHING) to combat other threats. Though it's usually portrayed in a personal grudge way and not just a, "We're both New Yorkers, so we stick together" way. Often enough it's an "Enemy of my enemy is a friend for now," sort of way.

Spidey and Venom, Spidey and Kaine, Spidey and the Lizard, Spidey and Sandman, Spidey and Jameson, Spidey and the Cat, Spidey and Ock, Spidey and a fire hydrant, Spidey and random bystander #58. Seriously, Spider-Man teams up with anything. There was a miniseries based around this very concept.
    which is makes more sense, when they've been trying to kill the man ever since he was a twig. it's really good when done well

The mang beat Superman in an afternoon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Batman's Rogue Gallery is the most memorable for me.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    which is makes more sense, when they've been trying to kill the man ever since he was a twig. it's really good when done well
    It also works pretty well to sort of give some insight on how Spidey handles his world. He understands there is a status quo and is willing to temporarily subvert it while fully understanding it's a temporary alliance. He doesn't have any real belief it will change someone at their core. He understands the moment he's done allying himself with Venom he will be trading punches with him the next day.

A minor spoiler, but in the most recent issue he sort of gave a clean slate to an old foe but pretty much just told him he'll put his ass in line if said villain steps out of it.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    What about them didn't you care for?
    Short answer. Spider-man and anything he is involved in.

There was this awful cartoon when I was a kid that I sometimes watched. Ruined any interest I had in him.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    Short answer. Spider-man and anything he is involved in.

There was this awful cartoon when I was a kid that I sometimes watched. Ruined any interest I had in him.
    Ah, that early burn. Hard to shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    The mang beat Superman in an afternoon
    Do you feel that's what makes him a great and compelling villain that other rogue galleries just can't compete with? Does Doomsday top your list of most quality written villains as well?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

It also works pretty well to sort of give some insight on how Spidey handles his world. He understands there is a status quo and is willing to temporarily subvert it while fully understanding it's a temporary alliance. He doesn't have any real belief it will change someone at their core. He understands the moment he's done allying himself with Venom he will be trading punches with him the next day.

A minor spoiler, but in the most recent issue he sort of gave a clean slate to an old foe but pretty much just told him he'll put his ass in line if said villain steps out of it.
    makes me want to restart spider comics, sasuga Mak

tag me with that plot