Thread: UBD Questions

UBD Questions

Summary: Just want to ask a couple of things.

1) How valid are guidebooks towards their series (Eg Naruto, Bleach and Dragon Ball).

2) Can we do a re-do on the FT calcs, seeing that all of them are mostly innaccurate.

3) Verse equalisation, do Devil Fruits/Imperial Arms/Quirks/Abnormalities fall into it?

1) I think it depends on the databook material, and by whom it is made. I'd say databooks are usually more invalid than valid though. The comparison of characters in databooks should be valid though(For example if a databook says character A > character B, then it should be valid)

2)How so? Why are they inaccurate>

3)Not sure about this one. I know that on this forum Devil Fruits don't equalize, but Haki does. Don't know about imperial arms, quirks and abnormalities though.

1. idc

2. no, that would require effort

3. ye
    skrt skrt

Quote Originally Posted by Numinous One View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.
    ^

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Torch View Post
    1) I think it depends on the databook material, and by whom it is made. I'd say databooks are usually more invalid than valid though. The comparison of characters in databooks should be valid though(For example if a databook says character A > character B, then it should be valid)

2)How so? Why are they inaccurate>

3)Not sure about this one. I know that on this forum Devil Fruits don't equalize, but Haki does. Don't know about imperial arms, quirks and abnormalities though.
    1) Agreed, however the character A>B part is iffy. For example if we went with that Logic and it said someone like Sakura is in the same league as Hashirama, would we accept that because it was stated. Ignoring the facts that it would be a massive outlier by their huge power gap, and nothing in the anime/manga suggests it.

2) The fact Rax mostly made them and they were not accepted. We don't have any proper calculations for people like Mard Geer and Irene due to them not being done right.

3) Going into the topic, I would place DF/IA/Quirks/Abnormalities into one category because they are outside the flow of nature rather than Haki/Magic/Chakra/Ki.

if dey werent accepted they dont count tho
    skrt skrt

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    if dey werent accepted they dont count tho
    I know thats why I want a redo of the calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elementalist View Post
    I know thats why I want a redo of the calculations.
    then u do them
    nobodies going to do hours of unneccesary mad maths just because u hate on FT
    skrt skrt

Quote Originally Posted by Gay View Post
    then u do them
    nobodies going to do hours of unneccesary mad maths just because u hate on FT
    I don't hate FT (I don't find it interesting), but your right.

1) Agreed, however the character A>B part is iffy. For example if we went with that Logic and it said someone like Sakura is in the same league as Hashirama, would we accept that because it was stated. Ignoring the facts that it would be a massive outlier by their huge power gap, and nothing in the anime/manga suggests it.

2) The fact Rax mostly made them and they were not accepted. We don't have any proper calculations for people like Mard Geer and Irene due to them not being done right.

3) Going into the topic, I would place DF/IA/Quirks/Abnormalities into one category because they are outside the flow of nature rather than Haki/Magic/Chakra/Ki.
    As long as they don't contradict the source material or make no sense in the context of the story, datebook info should be fine.

If you want them done, probably just do them yourself.

Quirks, devil fruits and any other biological shit would interact, spiritual shit and magic would be case by case depending on how specific you want to get ie. Fairy Tail's magic is nearly perfectly analogous with Naruto's Sage Chakra due to drawing on natures energy and combining it with the users own.
    Or you can just handwave shit as equal.

I don't hate FT (I don't find it interesting), but your right.
    glgl
    skrt skrt