Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Hive mind

  1. #1
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328

    Hive mind

    I thought about this for a couple of days.
    It all started when I watched a video where Dr. Daniel was talking about an ant that keeps going to the top of grass when there's nothing to gain from it and the ant keeps at it even if it keeps falling down.
    The reason why the ant is going up is to be eaten by a bird.
    However the one that is controlling the ant is a parasite whose goal is to enter birds body so it can reproduce.
    At that time I though to myself how that is quite evil.
    Then couple of days later I was thinking whenever some sort of parasite could do the same to us humans.
    Which was scary but the scientists so far haven't been able to find out and at best it's a partial reason why we do something.

    However at that time an idea came to my mind.
    What if we aka our consciousness is just a consequence of many parasites trying to control our actions in order to reproduce.
    Now as of writing this I thought about this.
    What if we are the final destination though.
    Imagine yourself as a parasite.
    Who would you choose if possible between us and any number of animals.
    However there is also a price to pay.
    Stronger parasites overthrow weaker ones.
    This could even tie into disease.
    Most diseases are passed on at a point where others will get infected,not sooner.

    I could ramble on forever.
    So what do you think,are we just ghosts aka we don't exist.
    Do we wonder about our purpose because there is no reason to have a purpose.
    Is this scary to you?

  2. #2
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    Bump,why is everyone so busy with Laurel and yanny come over here lets talk science

  3. #3
    See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    19,265
    I think I just am not understanding.

    Are you asking that we as humans are actually infested by parasites and are in control? And if we had a choice, what would a "stronger parasite" be?

  4. #4
    Mega Ton
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wano
    Posts
    3,095
    I'll have whatever your smoking.

  5. #5
    I'll have whatever your smoking.

  6. #6
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I just am not understanding.

    Are you asking that we as humans are actually infested by parasites and are in control? And if we had a choice, what would a "stronger parasite" be?
    I am speculating whenever consciousness never existed aka what you perceive as you.
    And thus that would explain why are we so much concerned with purpose - there's no purpose.
    For example common cold vs cancer which one would you say can have it's way and accomplish it's goal sooner?

    In nature for example the main goal is to reproduce and that means reaching a place where that is possible which is why I ask whenever we are the final destination since we are basically on the top of the food chain and have a long life span and reproducing aka changing a host and continuing their life is basically guaranteed.

    Neurons are also interesting all though I wonder whenever they are just a grid or evolved parasites that replaced either previous state of a brain or is something that occured alongside evolution of the body similar to how Dawkins explained the evolution of the eye happened.

  7. #7
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    12,631
    This could be a good movie

  8. #8
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This could be a good movie
    Good to know,but the point of this topic was to try to figure out whenever it's true or not.
    Besides my thoughts are inspired by what actually exists.
    Try searching for parasites.

  9. #9
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    12,631
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdragonstory View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to know,but the point of this topic was to try to figure out whenever it's true or not.
    Besides my thoughts are inspired by what actually exists.
    Try searching for parasites.
    watched several docs of this. this is not news, and the idea of parasites controlling me goes against my beliefs

  10. #10
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    watched several docs of this. this is not news, and the idea of parasites controlling me goes against my beliefs
    Yes I realize people though of this already to some extent.
    I mean parasites aren't controlling you cuz you don't exist. .
    What beliefs?

  11. #11
    That's some deep shit. I'll have whatever you're smoking.

  12. #12
    Cafe Conqueror X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,917
    Don't know if you understand what hive mind means.


    The Commander From Hell

    We The North








  13. #13
    blackdragonstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't know if you understand what hive mind means.
    My understanding is that is a group of entities that work together on something and dont know why or what they are doing.
    Something like termites building things(one group of them bulit a miniature castle)
    I am more focused on the non intelligent versions of hive mind.
    The way neurons work is just like a hive mind.

    Maybe I am wrong and confusing something else for a hive mind,educate us(I assume others as well dont know a lot about hive mind) if that is the case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •