Our inconsistency re; stats

Some of us seem to base opinions around a stats, for eg duel wise, Tou beating Duke, Ouki being slightly above Renpa but barely below Moubu etc. If that's the case, why don't any of us seem to put Gohoumei ahead of Ousen, Renpa and Ouki as a pure strategist? Why do we think Ousen (97) can exchange wits with Riboku (100) and win?

Using that logic, there seems to be an inconsistency there.

I dont think its only about stats but also about overall portrayel, hype and feats...

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think its only about stats but also about overall portrayel, hype and feats...
    But then one could argue, what feats has Tou/Gaimou done to put them above Duke or equal to Renpa in Gaimou's case?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    But then one could argue, what feats has Tou/Gaimou done to put them above Duke or equal to Renpa in Gaimou's case?
    What feats does Renpa have that put him above Gaimou, actually? Renpa has done very little fighting on panel.

Shin directly compared their blows, that comparison was later backed up by stats, too. So, it's pretty logical to put them on a similar level.

Tou sent Houken flying after getting pissed because of Ouki being stabbed, without stats it would be difficult to say if he's above or below Duke Hyou, but it was obvious since the start that he's supposed to be very strong. Also, Ouki's statement. I don't see Rinko sending Houken flying for examle, so Tou is portrayed to be a fair bit above him based on feats and hype alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Tou sent Houken flying after getting pissed because of Ouki being stabbed,
    this never happened

he did block hou ken's attack tho, which is still kinda impressive
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Tou fodderized a Rinko level guy that was inverse only known for beeing a martial general without problem. On the other hand what did Duke do to show hes way more impressive fighting wise than Tou? At the end of the day he was fodderized by Houken, only thing stood out was his will and weight in that fight.

and Renpa only clashed with a boulder thats noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    this never happened

he did block hou ken's attack tho, which is still kinda impressive

Looks like he was sent flying to me.

Looks like he was sent flying to me.
    i don't see how

seems clear to me that he was simply dodging the herd of troops that just bum rushed him after tou blocked his attack

if tou attacked him we would've seen the motion of it. instead we got the motion of troops rushing in.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

The anime has Houken being blasted away if that means anything. Hara does seem to have drawn something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Tou fodderized a Rinko level guy that was inverse only known for beeing a martial general without problem. On the other hand what did Duke do to show hes way more impressive fighting wise than Tou? At the end of the day he was fodderized by Houken, only thing stood out was his will and weight in that fight.

and Renpa only clashed with a boulder thats noteworthy
    Duke was hyped as one of the very best fighters tbf, which Tou has never (yet). I also put Tou ahead btw, but I do that largely because of the stats hence the thread.

What feats does Renpa have that put him above Gaimou, actually? Renpa has done very little fighting on panel.

Shin directly compared their blows, that comparison was later backed up by stats, too. So, it's pretty logical to put them on a similar level.

Tou sent Houken flying after getting pissed because of Ouki being stabbed, without stats it would be difficult to say if he's above or below Duke Hyou, but it was obvious since the start that he's supposed to be very strong. Also, Ouki's statement. I don't see Rinko sending Houken flying for examle, so Tou is portrayed to be a fair bit above him based on feats and hype alone.
    Renpa was said to have duelled Ouki to a standstill.

When?

The anime has Houken being blasted away if that means anything. Hara does seem to have drawn something like that.

Duke was hyped as one of the very best fighters tbf, which Tou has never (yet). I also put Tou ahead btw, but I do that largely because of the stats hence the thread.

Well Duke is one of the best fighters. He did great against Houken ok, but at the end he was completely overwhelmed. I dont know why you think Tou has shown anything that puts him on that level, when he actually fodderized Rinbukun and until today never was tested to all his extend.

guess i was wrong. still, you'd imagine more emphasis would be put on something like that.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Some of us seem to base opinions around a stats, for eg duel wise, Tou beating Duke, Ouki being slightly above Renpa but barely below Moubu etc. If that's the case, why don't any of us seem to put Gohoumei ahead of Ousen, Renpa and Ouki as a pure strategist? Why do we think Ousen (97) can exchange wits with Riboku (100) and win?

People think Ousen can outwit Riboku with the same quality of generals working under them and the same army quality/quantity ?

When?
    I think it was when Shin first saw Renpa in person. I would look but i can't see whole page chapters anymore now that kissmanga blocks adblock.

I think it was when Shin first saw Renpa in person. I would look but i can't see whole page chapters anymore now that kissmanga blocks adblock.

Is this what you mean?

He said "Fought even general Ouki to a standstill", that doesn't mean in a duel necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor View Post
    People think Ousen can outwit Riboku with the same quality of generals working under them and the same army quality/quantity ?
    Many people think Riboku sucks and can't do anything without Houken despite his stats, yeah.

easy question, cuz feats

GHM's a constant loser while Ousen has been shown to do more with less. I tend to rely on stats when both parties are lacking in solid feats

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I think it's easiest with strength because it's the most cut and dry, if you're discussing a duel then you can look towards their stat to get a decent idea on their strength and be able to give benefit of the doubt in certain situations.

For discussing an overall war it's a much different beast since there are too many x-factors on the table to just look at intelligence to determine the outcome. Weight, destructive force, instinct, leadership, and so forth all can play just as big roles. Also, there are many different fields and ways that intelligence can be applied.

Many people think Riboku sucks and can't do anything without Houken despite his stats, yeah.
    Crazy people

Of course, there's no question that the stats are frequently inconsistent, and people shouldn't be relying on them. That said, there's no problem here, as Ousen's 97 and Riboku's 100 are their knowledge stat. There is no stat for strategic ability.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    Of course, there's no question that the stats are frequently inconsistent, and people shouldn't be relying on them. That said, there's no problem here, as Ousen's 97 and Riboku's 100 are their knowledge stat. There is no stat for strategic ability.
    the knowledge stat is: "knowledge of warfare & strategy"

this implies that stat is a gauge of their overall strategical acumen and understanding of warfare
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams