Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Mafia 98.5: Jester Mafia

Roles:

-5x Vanilla Townie - No special abilities. Your voice and vote is your weapon!
    -1x Cop -
    Investigate a player at night to learn if they are Innocent or Guilty.
    -1x Doctor -
    Protect a player every night from kills.

Win Condition: Eliminate Mafia.

-1x Godfather - Shows up innocent to investigation and leads the mafia.
    -1x Goon -
    No special abilities. A soldier in the mafia.

Win Condition: Reach parity with the remaining players.

-1x Jester - Get lynched to win the game.

Win Condition: Get lynched.

Setup Information:

-Godfather is innocent to investigation. Goon and Jester appear as guilty.
    -Doctor cannot self-protect.
    -Jester being lynched ends the game.
    -
    Mafia can always perform a faction kill at night.
    Game rules:

-24 Hour Day Phases
    -12 Hour Night Phases (I will, to fit TMF's flavor of mafia, permit nightposting during this time period.)
    -Plurality lynch - The player with the most votes at the end of the 24 hours gets lynched, regardless if majority is/was reached.
    -Role revealing allowed.
    -In the event of a tie, the lynch will be determiined by RNG.
    -Two posts per day phase or I will replace/modkill you.
    -Voting No Lynch is allowed.
    -If you fail to vote it will be considered a self-vote.
    -No deadposting.
    -DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THE GAME THREAD WITH ANYONE BESIDES THE HOST.
    -Standard forum rules apply.

Player List:

1. NeoRetro Vanilla Townie
    2. Aether Vanilla Townie
    3. Neko
    4. Ratchet Vanilla Townie
    5. Zemmi
    6. MadieV
    7. Avalon
    8. X
    9. Avito
    10. Crispickle

7/10 Players at the start of Day 3

Day 1: NeoRetro[VT] is lynched
    Night 1: Aether[VT] is killed
    Day 2: Nobody is lynched
    Night 2: Ratchet[VT] is killed

@NeoRetro; @Aether; @Neko; @Ratchet; @Zemmi; @MadieV; @Avalon; @X; @Avito; @Crispickle;

DAY ONE STARTS. YOU HAVE ~24 HOURS BEFORE VOTES LOCK:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...s&font=cursive
    -The Great Swagzini
    Last edited by The Great Swagzini; 05-20-2018 at 02:39 AM.

Alright so now that we've all played this game, shall we implement the same strategy as last game? Aka no lynch on Day 1?

There is a 70% chance of us lynching a townie this dayphase.
    You think I was going to use my filthy Muggle fatherís name forever? I, in whose veins runs the blood of Salazar Slytherin himself, through my motherís side? I, keep the name of a foul, common Muggle, who abandoned me even before I was born, just because he found out his wife was a witch? No, Harry ó I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I had become the greatest sorcerer in the world!

Ok I read the bold part got it !!!

Anyways where do you guys want to start? Should we do a no lynch the first day again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zemmi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Anyways where do you guys want to start? Should we do a no lynch the first day again?
    You mafia again?
    You think I was going to use my filthy Muggle fatherís name forever? I, in whose veins runs the blood of Salazar Slytherin himself, through my motherís side? I, keep the name of a foul, common Muggle, who abandoned me even before I was born, just because he found out his wife was a witch? No, Harry ó I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I had become the greatest sorcerer in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    You mafia again?
    Yes! Damn you caught me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zemmi View Post
    LMAO,

That's why I love you Zem.

Quote Originally Posted by MadieV View Post
    LMAO,

That's why I love you Zem.
    & I love you b/c you love me

Alright so now that we've all played this game, shall we implement the same strategy as last game? Aka no lynch on Day 1?

I haven't.

Don't love the no lynch plan. All it gives us is a slightly better chance at not lynching the Jester day 1. From 1/10 to 1/8 unless the Mafia kills them. I'd rather lynch.

I think we can abide by the same rules we agreed on last game.

No lynch D1. We are to be careful with the lynches but not in a way that will hinder the progression of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Don't love the no lynch plan. All it gives us is a slightly better chance at not lynching the Jester day 1. From 1/10 to 1/8 unless the Mafia kills them. I'd rather lynch.
    I do think it's a good idea to avoid lynch on the first day at very least this not only prevents the jester lynch but any town PR who gets a wild hair and decides to claim when they only have a couple of votes on them.

@Ratchet; @MadieV; @Zemmi;

Alright, now that you all shared your thoughts on on lynching. Now we need to discuss the other issue at hand.

What's your stance on the cop revealing?

Alright, now that you all shared your thoughts on on lynching. Now we need to discuss the other issue at hand.

No not today, let's not narrow down the choices more than we have to.

Sigh, our face off over this feels like it was 5 minutes ago.

My position on this topic is the same. I'm not against it but I'm worried about the multiple ways this could go wrong. At least let's wait until next day phase to properly decide over this.

Sigh, our face off over this feels like it was 5 minutes ago.
    Don't worry, I'm not interesting in arguing.

Just want to hear everyones thoughts, seeing who changed their mind on stuff, hear from Ratchet since he's knew, and just get people talking in general.

Not looking to argue with anyone, everyone knows my stances on everything so there's no point in doing that.

Don't worry, I'm not interesting in arguing.

Just want to hear everyones thoughts, seeing who changed their mind on stuff, hear from Ratchet since he's knew, and just get people talking in general.

Not looking to argue with anyone, everyone knows my stances on everything so there's no point in doing that.

How is it that we've played four games together and in every single one of them you're a different person?

Are you the many face god?

How is it that we've played four games together and in every single one of them you're a different person?

Are you the many face god?
    Alright I'm curious.

Describe my personalities in each game.

Oh man, did not expect this to happen. Here we go again guys

I’m also, again for No lynch, but what would be the fun in it? I think the Cop can reveal himself because he kind of is the most important person to heal, and the best target the doctor can choose.

No Lynch and Cop Reveal?
    or maybe, Cop Reveal and Lynch?

Alright I'm curious.

Describe my personalities in each game.
    Narcos - Funny, fluffy, free spirited Ava.
    FMA - idgaf Ava.
    Jester Mafia Pt. 1 - Lord of the underworld Ava.
    Jester Mafia Pt. 2 - Calm, cool and collected Ava.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoRetro View Post
    Oh man, did not expect this to happen. Here we go again guys

I’m also, again for No lynch, but what would be the fun in it? I think the Cop can reveal himself because he kind of is the most important person to heal, and the best target the doctor can choose.

No Lynch and Cop Reveal?
    or maybe, Cop Reveal and Lynch?
    I think me and you are the only ones who support this plan.

The reason I support a no lynch is because there's an 80% chance we can lynch the wrong person (70% chance of lynching a member of townie + 10% chance of lynching Jester and ending the game = 80% chance of shit going wrong.)

The reason I support the cop revealing himself is for several reasons:

1) Cop automatically is confirmed town and can be the leader that we follow for the rest of the game.

2) Don't have to worry about mafia nightkilling him.

3) Doctor can protect him if he does a good job at hiding.

Obvious risks to that plan are:

1) If mafia nightkills the doctor then we;re fucked, however mafia only has a 10% chance of successfully killing the doctor tonight so it seems very low risk.