Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Katakuri vs. Blackbeard

This is Blackbeard after first eating the Gura fruit during Marineford. Can Katakuri take him out, and if not, then what difficulty does he give him?

Starting Distance: 50 meters

Blackbeard for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he could take down Big Mom right now, too.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blackbeard for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he could take down Big Mom right now, too.
    How much difficulty does Katakuri give him?

Blackbeard upper end of high difficulty.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Could go either way, leaning slightly towards Katakuri. Blackbeard was already badly injured, on top of that Katakuri has a massive advantage in speed and haki.

so......preskip Blackbeard?

I’m going with Katakuri very high-difficulty.

Theres a pretty big speed differential between the two, so as deadly as BB's Kuruzo + Quake Punch combination is, it wont be affecting Katakuri, who has the option of either reshaping his body or relying on his natural agility to avoid incoming attacks.

On the flip side, if Ace and a deaths door WB could tag him, then landing hits should be childs play for Katakuri.

Teach can certainly take a beating, so Katakuri will have to really exert himself to get the win, but I'm confident he'll be able to get home in the end.

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

This was pre-skip BB? Katakuri wins, then.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Yeah post-skip BB>Katakuri obviously but i can see him beating MF Teach.

He beats him mid-diff. If he can't put down Luffy he's not doing shit to Teach and he can't avoid Vortex and a Quake punch.

Even if he can re-shape while being pulled Vibrations hit everything in it's path. You can't open yourself and avoid it.

Teach can also coat the ground in darkness nullifying basic awakening usage and holding Kata in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    He beats him mid-diff. If he can't put down Luffy he's not doing shit to Teach and he can't avoid Vortex and a Quake punch.

Even if he can re-shape while being pulled Vibrations hit everything in it's path. You can't open yourself and avoid it.

Teach can also coat the ground in darkness nullifying basic awakening usage and holding Kata in place.
    You don't think mid diff is a little too generous to Teach?

The yami yami wasn't able to immobilize WB and Teach didn't even attempt to use that particular technique against Sengoku, so I don't see it posing any problem for Katakuri.

The only way I could see him getting tagged at all is if he somehow happens to be in point blanc range of Teach when a quake punch is fired off, but even then, he should have the speed to get out of the attacks area of impact (ie by moving behind or to the side of Teach)

Probably Blackbeard. I doubt any firstmate could have taken him down tbh.
    Last edited by RoyalIce; 05-18-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye’s Cousin View Post
    You don't think mid diff is a little too generous to Teach?
    For Gura Teach....no. The Gura is just that strong. Kata was put down by a self-inflicted injury and one big shot to his torso plus a few more concussive shots. How does a Gura hit not completely shit all over

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    The yami yami wasn't able to immobilize WB and Teach didn't even attempt to use that particular technique against Sengoku, so I don't see it posing any problem for Katakuri.

The only way I could see him getting tagged at all is if he somehow happens to be in point blanc range of Teach when a quake punch is fired off, but even then, he should have the speed to get out of the attacks area of impact (ie by moving behind or to the side of Teach)
    https://i3.mangapanda.com/one-piece/...ce-1226890.jpg
    What do you mean? I don't see WB taking any steps for you to say if it worked or not but there is no reason to assume it didn't or else why would Teach use it at all and why would Oda not show it fail. He stood there, Teach then pulled him, countered the bubble, but then he got slashed and pinned. Powers nullified but he was more of a man and did work without it.

How do you know? For all you know that happened but Garp went after Teach stopping it's use, Sengoku got free, and the fighting continued, other shit happened, repeat. Literally all we saw was Sengoku use his shock-wave, give a speech, then Teach got up and told him to stop him from sinking MF. Nor further clash even like the anime.

I have no idea what you are saying. He can't avoid either way Teach has for keeping him in place or pulling him towards him.

Even if in your world BB's capability of keeping him immobile don't exist( :-/) or are impractical (again :-/) he's not doing that for however long it takes to put Teach down which would be longer than Luffy. In-character Teach would pull the scarf off and screw up Kata's concentration since he'd probably laugh at him on purpose.
    Last edited by Dayum; 05-18-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Katakuri is basically a glass cannon compared to the power of the Gura. I really don't see how this goes beyond a single Black Vortex Gura punch combo.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

For Gura Teach....no. The Gura is just that strong. Kata was put down by a self-inflicted injury and one big shot to his torso plus a few more concussive shots. How does a Gura hit not completely shit all over

- - - Updated - - -

https://i3.mangapanda.com/one-piece/...ce-1226890.jpg
    What do you mean? I don't see WB taking any steps for you to say if it worked or not but there is no reason to assume it didn't or else why would Teach use it at all and why would Oda not show it fail. He stood there, Teach then pulled him, countered the bubble, but then he got slashed and pinned. Powers nullified but he was more of a man and did work without it.

How do you know? For all you know that happened but Garp went after Teach stopping it's use, Sengoku got free, and the fighting continued, other shit happened, repeat. Literally all we saw was Sengoku use his shock-wave, give a speech, then Teach got up and told him to stop him from sinking MF. Nor further clash even like the anime.

I have no idea what you are saying. He can't avoid either way Teach has for keeping him in place or pulling him towards him.

Even if in your world BB's capability of keeping him immobile don't exist( :-/) or are impractical (again :-/) he's not doing that for however long it takes to put Teach down which would be longer than Luffy. In-character Teach would pull the scarf off and screw up Kata's concentration since he'd probably laugh at him on purpose.
    Disregard that first body of text, as I clearly hadn't thought things through.

I'm willing to accept that Kurozo will give him issues, but theres no way hes getting caught by black hole.

Before I continue, id like you to explain how this fight is going to mid diff if Katakuri will be powerless to stop teach from shutting him down, drawing him in and quaking him right from the get go. I don't think his abilities function the same way you do, otherwise hed be virtually unstoppable and I don't think hes meant to be seen as such.

LOL at pre ts teach being fast enough to rip off Katakuris scarf

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    Disregard that first body of text, as I clearly hadn't thought things through.

I'm willing to accept that Kurozo will give him issues, but theres no way hes getting caught by black hole.

Before I continue, id like you to explain how this fight is going to mid diff if Katakuri will be powerless to stop teach from shutting him down, drawing him in and quaking him right from the get go. I don't think his abilities function the same way you do, otherwise hed be virtually unstoppable and I don't think hes meant to be seen as such.

LOL at pre ts teach being fast enough to rip off Katakuris scarf
    Mid-diff because like Ace he can counter while being pulled and I do think he has enough speed to do something before Teach raises his arm to fire a quake. He still has his CoO and could use it to avoid some Vortex usage and the ground darkness move. Especially in character he'd probably land the lance on Teach and definitely some Donuts punches to stun Teach a little bit.

Why would he need extreme speed to pull the scarf off with his vortex???
    Last edited by Dayum; 05-18-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Blackbeard wins.

Katakuri simply isn't getting past a Gura/Yami combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

If pre yami, claw blackbeard could scar Shanks for life, Yami+Gura Blackbeard destroys Katakuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    If pre yami, claw blackbeard could scar Shanks for life, Yami+Gura Blackbeard destroys Katakuri.
    Was that Yonko Shanks or Shanks when he was a kid?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going with Katakuri Blackbeard wasn't in all that great shape when he first ate the gura having survived impel down and getting beaten down by Whitebeard. Katakuri does have the speed advantage also being an expert in CoA and CoO his title of First Mate isn't for show.
    ​​