Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Could this Blackbeard win against Marco?

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could this Blackbeard win against Marco?
    No. The Gorosei themselves have said that the Yonkou and Marco are some of the few left who could stop Teach after first eating the Gura.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Mid-diff because like Ace he can counter while being pulled and I do think he has enough speed to do something before Teach raises his arm to fire a quake. He still has his CoO and could use it to avoid some Vortex usage and the ground darkness move. Especially in character he'd probably land the lance on Teach and definitely some Donuts punches to stun Teach a little bit.

Why would he need extreme speed to pull the scarf off with his vortex???
    With the use of his COO, I reckon Katakuri could do the same thing he did to luffy in chapters 885 and 892 and create an awakened donut fist to pre-emptively knock Teach's punch off course

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't be surprised if katakuri could feasibly kill Teach outright while hes being pulled in if he gets him in the neck or head region with Mogura, seeing how hes much faster

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye’s Cousin View Post
    No. The Gorosei themselves have said that the Yonkou and Marco are some of the few left who could stop Teach after first eating the Gura.
    ...But Marco couldn't stop Teach could he?

Teach beats both Marco and Katakuri

- - - Updated - - -

There's a considerable level of difference between first mate level fighters and Admirals/Yonkou, this is inarguable. Pre skip Teach falls in the middle of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    ...But Marco couldn't stop Teach could he?

Teach beats both Marco and Katakuri

- - - Updated - - -

There's a considerable level of difference between first mate level fighters and Admirals/Yonkou, this is inarguable
    Teach only beat Marco after a year during the Payback War.

Teach only beat Marco after a year during the Payback War.
    So? You can't work backwards and say he NEEDED that year to beat him, either. Teach was fighting Garp and Sengoku straight after getting the fruit. Marco was getting cucked hard by the Admirals.

If Marco was that strong to make a considerable difference in any event, he wouldn't have been portrayed as inferior as he was

And Marco is stronger than Katakuri, probably

So? You can't work backwards and say he NEEDED that year to beat him, either. Teach was fighting Garp and Sengoku straight after getting the fruit. Marco was getting cucked hard by the Admirals.

If Marco was that strong to make a considerable difference in any event, he wouldn't have been portrayed as inferior as he was
    lol it's One Piece, I'm pretty sure fighting anomalies like that happen all the time. I.e Shanks getting his arm bitten off by a Sea King in the very first chapter. And yes, a year makes a huge difference in terms of power levels. If Luffy went from needing his entire crew to beat a Pacifista to taking out one in one shot in two years then I imagine half of two years will make a considerable increase in anyone's strength.

Why would the Gorosei mention Marco as one of the few names alongside the Yonkou capable of taking out that incarnation of Teach, then? Were they just lying? To me, that's Oda's in verse acknowledgement that Marco is capable of hanging with and even beating Teach at that point.
    Last edited by Millennium Creed; 05-19-2018 at 04:13 AM.

lol it's One Piece, I'm pretty sure fighting anomalies like that happen all the time. I.e Shanks getting his arm bitten off by a Sea King in the very first chapter. And yes, a year makes a huge difference in terms of power levels. If Luffy went from needing his entire crew to beat a Pacifista to taking out one in one shot in two years then I imagine half of two years will make a considerable increase in anyone's strength.

Why would the Gorosei mention Marco as one of the few names alongside the Yonkou capable of taking out that incarnation of Teach, then? Were they just lying? To me, that's Oda's in verse acknowledgement that Marco is capable of hanging with and even beating Teach at that point.
    You can't seriously compare shanks getting his arm bittob off and Marco getting dominated by the Admirals. Shanks made a sacrifice that had nothing to do with power levels. Marco, on several occasions, went up to bat with the admirals but came up short. Even Beckman, to back up my point, wasn't taken completely seriously by Kizaru.

Marco, as head of the Whiteboard pirate fleet, could take on Blackbeard's little crew at that point. I don't take it to mean Marco could beat Blackbeard 1v1

You can't seriously compare shanks getting his arm bittob off and Marco getting dominated by the Admirals. Shanks made a sacrifice that had nothing to do with power levels. Marco, on several occasions, went up to bat with the admirals but came up short. Even Beckman, to back up my point, wasn't taken completely seriously by Kizaru.

Marco, as head of the Whiteboard pirate fleet, could take on Blackbeard's little crew at that point. I don't take it to mean Marco could beat Blackbeard 1v1
    I wasn’t comparing Shanks getting his arm bitten off to the Marco example, but Blackbeard taking on Garp and Sengoku. The point is that anomalies in terms of fighting happen often in this series. The fact that Blackbeard was crapping his pants when Akainu showed up to that island that he kidnapped Bonney on also shows that he wasn’t THAT strong at that point in the story yet. Unless you think Akainu can take on Garp and Sengoku seriously.

Why would you take it to mean that? I think the meaning of that chapter is simple - Marco may not be able to beat the Admirals but he can certainly beat a Teach fresh off of eating the Gura fruit, which is still respectable feat wise. I don’t see Marco and Kata being that far off in terms of strength, which is why I personally believe that Blackbeard beating Katakuri with anything less than high difficulty isn’t unreasonable.

I wasn’t comparing Shanks getting his arm bitten off to the Marco example, but Blackbeard taking on Garp and Sengoku. The point is that anomalies in terms of fighting happen often in this series. The fact that Blackbeard was crapping his pants when Akainu showed up to that island that he kidnapped Bonney on also shows that he wasn’t THAT strong at that point in the story yet. Unless you think Akainu can take on Garp and Sengoku seriously.

Why would you take it to mean that? I think the meaning of that chapter is simple - Marco may not be able to beat the Admirals but he can certainly beat a Teach fresh off of eating the Gura fruit, which is still respectable feat wise. I don’t see Marco and Kata being that far off in terms of strength, which is why I personally believe that Blackbeard beating Katakuri with anything less than high difficulty isn’t unreasonable.
    How can Marco even put down Teach? His offense is completely mediocre and his defense will be strongly hampered by the Yami. You underestimate just how strong Teach's combination is.

His crew fighting Garp and Sengoku is certainly not an anomaly. He wasn't fighting by himself. But yes, Akainu could post a considerable challenge to Garp plus Sengoku as well (Though he would lose)

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wiskodeh's Avatar
    Teach is by far the weakest of the Emperors both individually and as a pirate crew logically (if Oda isn't being retarded again) but it should absolutely be within his abilities to beat Katakuri, and probably any other first mate

wait, this is Marineford. I'd still give it to him though
    Last edited by Wiskodeh; 05-19-2018 at 05:09 AM.