Duke/Mougou/Choutou's promotions

I asked this a few years ago but there's a lot of new blood now so...

Do you think Choutou, Mougou and Duke Hyou were promoted to Great General before, during or after the Q6 era? How would they have gained enough merits to gain that rank when they were in the shadows of the 6? Why didn't Gaimo know anything about Duke Hyou despite them being the same age) and Gaimou only being locked away about 10 years before the start of the series). Is it even feasible for Qin to have ~9 Great Generals at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it even feasible for Qin to have ~9 Great Generals at one time?
    If Wei can have 7, why not?

I mean Duke probably was, its just seems that back then the 6GG rank was one even above GG. But Choutou and Mougou probably where promoted after the 6 GG system. Dont think so with Duke, he was already considered to be one... that Baimou doesnt know him is just because hes an idiot, it seems he already was known in all of china if we consider that King Sho wanted him to be part of the 6.

I actually think Duke was promoted some time after 6GG era.

After all he wasn't all that famous, while someone who served as great general for so many years should technically be well known. Also, it seem to me that all people who got GG-title at the time were having the right to freely wage war, so Duke refusing King Sho's offer was essencially him refusing a promotion at the same time.

It would also be the case for Mougou and Choutou.

Mougou was clearly after. He said he was jealous that Q6 were advancing quickly through the ranks.

Duke somehow said that he was proposed for Q6 by King Sho but he refused to go to Kanyou because he wasn't interested. Besides Duke and Ouki seemed to be friends, so we can assume Duke Hyou rose at the same time as Q6.

I have no idea about Choutou ...

Duke Hyou wasn't in the shadow of the Q6.

he totally was. his reputation and legacy is barely acknowledged in the series compared to the q6. compare china's reactions to the duke's death to ou ki's, for instance. or how gai mou didn't even know who the duke was.

always found it weird how little he was recognized considering his ability and passion for battle.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    he totally was. his reputation and legacy is barely acknowledged in the series compared to the q6. compare china's reactions to the duke's death to ou ki's, for instance. or how gai mou didn't even know who the duke was.

always found it weird how little he was recognized considering his ability and passion for battle.
    im with you, just think that was known at least for all people that know theyr business. Going by it Duke probably made a good name for himself and even was offered a position. Just probably after that the 6GG roamed freely and overshadowed everything

All probably after the Q6 era. Duke maybe got promoted during it, but it seemed like he was doing his own thing at the time.

I'm talking strength wise, which is what I assume Mougou and Choutou refer to by "being in their shadow/failing to become heroes".

The only way I can even make sense of that is maybe Duke never clashed with Wei in that time, but I can't see it. IIRC even Junsou referred to Duke as 'that Duke Hyou', almost as if he was saying "oh yea dat guy we talked about a while back".

If I remember it right, before Dakan Plains Heki also didn't know who Duke Hyou is and he's well educated commander from a good military house.

Heki not knowing Duke is a bit silly given that as a kid, Shin knew and heard all about Mougou.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    If I remember it right, before Dakan Plains Heki also didn't know who Duke Hyou is and he's well educated commander from a good military house.
    Wasnt it just from a rich house...

Duke not famous? Everyone knew him except Heki stupidsama.