Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gaimou was not owning a younger Shin at all.
    Shin also not collapsed vs Gaimou.

Your points are invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gaimou was owning Shin who wasn't hindered in any way.

Gyou'un was owning Shin that was hindered by his weapon.

Feat-wise what Gaimou did was still better.

And if someone says Shin was actually fighting on par with Gaimou, then I would say to him to reread the fight. Shin was doing just good enough to survive, but nothing more.
    Shin was a novice glaive user and that something Gaimou pointed out.

I wouldn't say Shin was on par with Gaimou back then but it was a lot closer than you’re making it out to be.

Gaimou was owning Shin who wasn't hindered in any way.

Gyou'un was owning Shin that was hindered by his weapon.

Feat-wise what Gaimou did was still better.

And if someone says Shin was actually fighting on par with Gaimou, then I would say to him to reread the fight. Shin was doing just good enough to survive, but nothing more.
    you forgot to mention that shin fought gai mou 3 years ago, and that he's clearly stronger now. ou ki's glaive has also only been a hindrance to shin's speed, not his strength. feel it's actually been emphasized that ou ki's glaive makes his attacks stronger.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams
    (≧◡≦) ♡ l Feels Like Summer l

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    Shin was a novice glaive user and that something Gaimou pointed out.
    It's not like Shin improved a lot since then seeing how he was still 91 in Koku You Arc.

I wouldn't say Shin was on par with Gaimou back then but it was a lot closer than you’re making it out to be.
    Gaimou clearly had the upper hand.

If we're to take the stats as accurate (which we probably shouldn't to this specific degree), there's virtually no chance Gyou'un will be stronger than Gaimou because that puts him above Renpa and onto Ouki's number which I don't think anyone really believes. 97 will be the absolute peak number he can get whilst 95 is probably the least.

It's not really plausible that a 1-arc character who will be the bridge between 5k-Shin and General Shin, is going to be as strong as one of Great General Shin's main future opponents. Unless Hara surprises us and Gyou'un becomes a long-term enemy.

also possible that gai mou’s role won’t be that significant

he was an opponent ren pa and ou ki didn’t find worthy enough to entertain. doubt he’d be a prominent foe for great general shin, either.

that aside, shin’s always been defeating opponents that are stronger than him. gyou’un being defeated now doesn’t mean that gai mou cant still be a formidable enemy later.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Ouki didn't dismiss Gaimou because he was weak though. It's not likely that Shin will take out Gaimou and then move onto GHM, aka Wei's two highest ranked generals and it'd be anti-climactic for him to take out Gaimou early and then have a heated battle with a lesser commander afterwards. There's only so many opponents to go around given that Qin will likely send 3-5 top Generals. Gaimou will be Shin's primary opponent in that war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    also possible that gai mou’s role won’t be that significant

he was an opponent ren pa and ou ki didn’t find worthy enough to entertain. doubt he’d be a prominent foe for great general shin, either.

that aside, shin’s always been defeating opponents that are stronger than him. gyou’un being defeated now doesn’t mean that gai mou cant still be a formidable enemy later.
    I tried to tell @Kanki that the Gaimou Shin fight won’t be that special for Shin. I feel like Shin will easily beat Gaimou in a duel but won’t kill him ala RBK vs Rokuomi to show Gaimou that his way of warfare is wrong. I feel like the way Hara wrote Gaimou I think once Shin beat Gaimou and they have a conversation. https://mangadex.org/chapter/63272/10 https://mangadex.org/chapter/63272/11 Gaimou will join the HSA especially since he’s already curious about Shin https://mangadex.org/chapter/63257/15 https://mangadex.org/chapter/63257/16 https://mangadex.org/chapter/63261/3
    Last edited by Marcusx8; 05-16-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    97 will be the absolute peak number he can get whilst 95 is probably the least.
    So you've finally come around, huh? Gyou'un no longer a 93?

Gaimou is clearly indicated to be a guy Shin will fight again, if i remember it right it even was implied by him. Story wise it just makes no sense for Gyou Un to be as strong as Gaimou. The only thing Gaimou has going on for him is his strength.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to tell @Kanki that the Gaimou Shin fight won’t be that special for Shin. I feel like Shin will easily beat Gaimou in a duel but won’t kill him ala RBK vs Rokuomi to show Gaimou that his way of warfare is wrong. I feel like the way Hara wrote Gaimou I think once Shin beat Gaimou and they have a conversation https://mangadex.org/chapter/63272/10 https://mangadex.org/chapter/63272/11 Gaimou will join the HSA especially since he’s already curious about Shin https://mangadex.org/chapter/63257/15 https://mangadex.org/chapter/63257/16 https://mangadex.org/chapter/63261/3
    are you serious?

Gaimou joining the HSU... I'm sorry but what?
    He'll fight Shin and lose his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    So you've finally come around, huh? Gyou'un no longer a 93?
    My original prediction was actually 94 but more likely to be 93 than a high 90 which some threw at him after one chapter lol. I think I'll be out by one when we see the stats

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Are you serious?
    Gaimou joining the HSU... I'm sorry but what?
    He'll fight Shin and lose his life.
    I said it before but I see Hara is giving Shin his own 4 heavenly kings
    The Assassin Rinko=Kyoukai, The Strategist Genbou=Ten, The Ten Bow of China Kyouen=Soujin/SouTan & finally someone on par strength wise KSB=Gaimou

The Assassin Rinko=Kyoukai, The Strategist Genbou=Ten, The Ten Bow of China Kyouen=Soujin/SouTan & finally someone on par strength wise KSB=Gaimou
    Gaimou is a proud (and arrogant) fire dragon and great general of Wei. He's not going to lower himself to serve as a HK lol. Kyoukai is going to be a Great General as stated by herself and has the potential to be Q6 level as said by Gypu'un. She is far beyond a HK.

I'm sorry but it's a crackpot theory

There's no way Kyoukai will be Shin's vassal until the end of the series. She is hyped by Hara as one of the future 6GG.

NO. Gyouun is not superior to Gaimou in strength.

Speaking of Gaimou I'd like to see Shin beat him but I also would like to see Gaimou survive and retire. He is an idiot so he is quite likeable somehow.
    Last edited by Whysoserious; 05-16-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Ouki didn't dismiss Gaimou because he was weak though. It's not likely that Shin will take out Gaimou and then move onto GHM, aka Wei's two highest ranked generals and it'd be anti-climactic for him to take out Gaimou early and then have a heated battle with a lesser commander afterwards. There's only so many opponents to go around given that Qin will likely send 3-5 top Generals. Gaimou will be Shin's primary opponent in that war.
    yeah, my point there wasn’t about his strength it was about his importance. chances aren’t high that he’ll be a significant opponent for great general shin when ou ki and ren pa didn’t think he was worth the time.

an opponent like that surely wouldn’t make for a climatic battle later in the story. it’s very likely their last bout will be soon after shin makes general. there’s more purpose in a budding shin fighting gai mou than a more matured shin who likely wouldn’t care much for the fight himself at that point.

two of wei’s great generals were killed in choyou so it’s not like their prominent figures are being saved for some ultimate final battle with wei. it’s fully possible wei has more strong generals than we’re currently aware of; even zhao is still getting new characters.

shin also doesn’t have to participate in every major wei campaign, so he wouldn’t necessarily need more than gai mou
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Gaimou is a proud (and arrogant) fire dragon and great general of Wei. He's not going to lower himself to serve as a HK lol. Kyoukai is going to be a Great General as stated by herself and has the potential to be Q6 level as said by Gypu'un. She is far beyond a HK.

I'm sorry but it's a crackpot theory
    Theirs no such thing as far beyond a HK since Genpou was said to have the skill to lead all of Zhao military and that’s Ten potentials. https://mangadex.org/chapter/63023/13 So even if Kyoukai hit GG which I highly doubt base on her refusal currently to leave the HSA I don’t see a problem.
    There's no way Kyoukai will be Shin's vassal until the end of the series. She is hyped by Hara as one of the future 6GG.
    What is your list of the 6GG because mines are Shin, Ousen,Ouhon,Moubu,Mouten & Tou so unless one of them die how is Kyouukai making it.

I don't see how he is clearly stronger than Gyou'un? Just because Gaimou has the same strength as Renpa? We don't know Gyouun's stats yet, he might even be at their level in terms of strength. The only thing that Gaimou have over Gyouun, is the fact that Gyouun might fall this arc, nothing else.

so unless one of them die how is Kyouukai making it.
    your list could just be wrong

personally don’t think tou is worthy of being a 6gg. he has the strength but lacks the mentality and ambition
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    yeah, my point there wasn’t about his strength it was about his importance. chances aren’t high that he’ll be a significant opponent for great general shin when ou ki and ren pa didn’t think he was worth the time.

an opponent like that surely wouldn’t make for a climatic battle later in the story. it’s very likely their last bout will be soon after shin makes general. there’s more purpose in a budding shin fighting gai mou than a more matured shin who likely wouldn’t care much for the fight himself at that point.

two of wei’s great generals were killed in choyou so it’s not like their prominent figures are being saved for some ultimate final battle with wei. it’s fully possible wei has more strong generals than we’re currently aware of; even zhao is still getting new characters.

shin also doesn’t have to participate in every major wei campaign, so he wouldn’t necessarily need more than gai mou
    Gaimou doesn't have to be the number 1 player in that arc though - he just has to be Shin's main opponent. GHM is Wei's number 1 and it's probable that he'll lose to a different Qin general. I mean even to a guy like Moubu, Gaimou is a high-high or extreme difficulty win for him, so I can't get my head around the 1 on 1 duel being anything less than a hugely difficult fight and I don't believe Shin is going to remain stagnant for the next 5-10 years which is how long it'll take before Shin vs Gaimou comes around.

The Gaimou vs Shin rematch has been set up to an extent that it's going to be a huge deal - not in a smaller Wei war and not as a prelude to Shin's main achievement.

Theirs no such thing as far beyond a HK since Genpou was said to have the skill to lead all of Zhao military and that’s Ten potentials. https://mangadex.org/chapter/63023/13 So even if Kyoukai hit GG which I highly doubt base on her refusal currently to leave the HSA I don’t see a problem.
    What is your list of the 6GG because mines are Shin, Ousen,Ouhon,Moubu,Mouten & Tou so unless one of them die how is Kyouukai making it.
    Kyoukai has said herself that she is going for Great General so she isn't refusing to leave the HSU. She just hasn't been promoted yet but will in time. That's her own words. Combine that with Gyou'un directly comparing her to the previous Q6 and it's a fact. Whether it's a member of the 6, replacing someone who dies in the 6, peaking at Great General but not making the 6 or dying before she makes it, Kyoukai is not capping off her level at the HK rank.

Really, thinking that she'll become a HK-figure is going directly against what Hara has been trying to show us.