Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1. #1
    Banned Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,382

    CyK 6 - R3: Drex vs Felix

    Factions

    Drex
    _ Ousen
    _ Houken
    _ Gaimou
    _ Kyuugen
    _ Gakuei
    _ Kanou
    _ Domon
    _ Kokuou
    _ 450 war chariots

    vs

    Felixng
    _ Shunshinkun
    _ Yotanwa
    _ Shuusuiju
    _ Chougaryuu
    _ Kaishibou
    _ Makou
    _ Ryuutou
    _ Fuuki
    _ Mangoku
    _ Ranbihaku
    _ Bajio
    _ Heki
    _ Kou Rigen



    Interpretation Rules

    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do indipendent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.



    Points System and Voting Rules


    _ All players are in one big, unique group. At the end of the group phase, the 4 teams with the highest score will proceed to the semifinals.
    _ The winner of this match will be given 20 points. In case of draw, both teams will be given 8 points.
    _ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon. Voting players are given 5 points right away. Non-players are welcome to vote as well. Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold. You can't vote for a draw. Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them. And of course, the players involved in the battle can't vote.



    Map and Battle Terms

    The teams are going to face off in this map:
    A map with two specular starting points for each faction. The player will have part of the army above a cliff, while the other one is gonna be in the midst of the forest. In the centre there's a fairly large hill, as well as two other smaller hills on the same axis. The extreme juncture between the northern cliffs is also a forest.
    (map url: https://i.imgur.com/FHYLLkx.png - credits to me)

    Each army counts 150k men, 75k for each starting point.
    The map's edge takes approximately 2 days of march to travel for regular armies.

    Felix is blue, Drex is red.

    Wincon: defeat your opponent's army or achieve an advantageous stalemate.



    Strategy Layout

    Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _ Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.



    felix' impressions
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deployment:



    Forest Group (75k)


    Yotanwa + Bajio (20k mountain men)

    Ryuutou (10k Rigan troops)

    SSJ + Ranbi (20k elites)

    SSK (25k troops): CIC


    Cliff Group (75k)

    Chougaryuu (10k elites + 5k troops)

    Kaishibou (10k heavy cavalry)

    Makou (10k elites)

    Mangoku (10k zombies)

    Kou Rigen + Fuuki (10k elite archers and 10k elite melee)

    Heki (10k elites)


    Strategy

    The Forest Group will rush out of the forest and quickly scale the central hill, they should be faster with mountain men. They are to fortify it and prevent the enemy
    from taking the hill. The Cliff group will also charge down the cliff to quickly get to the central hill and do the same.
    Once the central hill is fortified and well defended, it can be used as the HQ where they can plan and coordinate assaults possibly carrying two pronged attacks,
    the amount of troops and commanders utilized depends on how many troops the enemy base/army being assaulted has. They may also have night assaults and fake assaults
    to wear the enemy out.

    Clauses:

    Forest Group

    SSK:

    Be in the center of the hill and try to coordinate attacks/provide reinforcements to those who need help.
    Try to avoid death, flee if in danger.

    Yotanwa
    Avoid dueling Houken, instead surround him with tens of thousands of mountain men and elites and wear him down before going for the finishing blow with the help
    of Bajio, Ranbi and or Kou Rigen

    Bajio
    Follow Yotanwa's orders, slay enemy officers and tag team Gaimou or Houken.

    SSJ

    Command Ranbi and act as his strategist.

    Ranbi

    Follow SSJ's orders, feel free to fight Gaimou with the help of Yotanwa or Bajio.

    Cliff Group

    Chougaryuu

    Act as strategist of the group

    Kaishibou

    Charge

    Makou

    Don't stupidly get killed.

    Mangoku

    Harass Qin dogs with your zombies.

    Kou Rigen + Fuuki

    Fuuki will be the strategist to lead Kou Rigen. Kou Rigen will snipe enemy commanders and try to aim for their horses to dismount them, he can also snipe them from behind while they are distracted.

    Heki

    Use fundamental tactics and stuff.


    drex' thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deployment:

    1st starting position army (CiC:Ousen)
    Ousen:25,000
    Kokuou:10,000
    Kanou:20,000
    Houken:10,000
    Kyuugen:10,000

    2nd Starting position army (C:Gaimou)
    Gaimou:45,000
    Gakuei: 10,000
    Domon:20,000

    Strategy:

    1st army:
    Ousen and Kokuou will hold their position on the hill. The forest will be burned down, towards my end, and the hill will be personally fortified from top to bottom by Ousen. Houken, Kyuugen, and Kanou will depart from the very start to take the small hill on my right and
    thoroughly ambush/intercept the enemy's camp in the forest. Finally, they'll reinforce my 2nd army from the starting position in the forest.

    2nd army:
    Leaving behind a burned forest to the left of the HQ in the forest, Gaimou, Gakuei and Domon will immediately attack the hill on their right and obliterate them down to the last man. Following that, they'll hit the backs of any enemies attempting to break through my hill through the forest or the cliffs, making use of the 450 chariots, and meet up with their allies on the hill.

    Following the reunion of Gaimou with Ousen, the combined army will reinforce the battle in the forest, if it's not yet concluded, and as a checkmate move, march to completely seize the central mountain, and celebrate the victory wine as the monkeys above run out of food and water.

    Instructions:

    Ousen:
    1. Basically, protect the HQ on the hill, without actually engaging.
    2. Seize the mountain as the final move, with Houken, Gaimou and himself as the head commanders at each side.
    3. Important: In the off-chance that the enemies didn't take the central mountain as their first move, he'll abandon 10,000 soldiers behind in the HQ, and secretly march towards the mountain from the route opposite to the forest.

    Kokuou:
    1. Feed any enemies attempting to climb the cliffs with spicy arrows.
    2. Take care of burning the forest near, left to my HQ on the hill.

    Houken:
    1. The martial figure that will absolutely not allow the army to collapse; he'll hunt down commanders at day and night.
    2.
    Obey Kyuugen.

    Kyuugen:
    1. Strategist for the departing force of the Ousen army, he'll not aim to win against the enemies from the forest as much as holding their ground and occupy them
    2. Hopefully be there to use the chariots in the 2nd army.

    Kanou:
    1. Fight to death. that's it.

    Gaimou:
    1. Hunt down enemy commanders on their hill.
    2. Pick up the pace in his march towards Ousen, he absolutely can't slack down.

    Gakuei:
    1. In the off chance that the enemies attempted to catch up to Gaimou's rear before Houken's blade reaches their throat, he'll detach with his 10,000 to intercept them as Houken and his fellows reach the site. That's all.

    Domon:
    1. He'll implement petty tricks such as burning the forest and falling trees, to hinder any enemies attacking in the forest, right to my HQ.
    2. Gaimou's strategist and the morals booster.



    https://imgur.com/a/25lZx0v --> map





    voting closes in



    Last edited by Crispickle; 05-18-2018 at 02:17 PM.

  2. #2
    previously Kyte Dr.MeMeStEr#99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,673
    Eh. More rounds before the SFs? thanks Crispi


  3. #3
    Darn I feel lazy lol.

  4. #4
    interesting concept, this gon be fun

    I think you should implement a minimum position rule, like you did in that one four corners final of GP versus felix

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    interesting concept, this gon be fun

    I think you should implement a minimum position rule, like you did in that one four corners final of GP versus felix
    It's 75k on each starting point no?

    If someone decide to allocate all general in one side then he lost the majority of his troops

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's 75k on each starting point no?

    If someone decide to allocate all general in one side then he lost the majority of his troops
    my bad, didn't see that

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  7. #7
    Will try to finish strat soon. Website was down in the period I could actually do the strat.

  8. #8
    previously Kyte Dr.MeMeStEr#99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,673
    likewise, i'll work on it now


  9. #9
    previously Kyte Dr.MeMeStEr#99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,673
    After i wrote the battle plan, i realized that i used Flex's starting position in the forest as my starting point.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After i wrote the battle plan, i realized that i used Flex's starting position in the forest as my starting point.

  11. #11
    @Crispickle; I told Drex we could switch spots.

  12. #12
    map is identical anyway, it's probably not a problem to switch

  13. #13
    Banned Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,382
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After i wrote the battle plan, i realized that i used Flex's starting position in the forest as my starting point.
    so you started from the red camps, or you started from the BLUE cliff camp + the RED forest camp?

  14. #14
    I switched to blue camps, so I hope Drex meant he was using red camps.

  15. #15
    previously Kyte Dr.MeMeStEr#99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so you started from the red camps, or you started from the BLUE cliff camp + the RED forest camp?
    Basically.

    Notmally, the sub armies of the same side would be on the same side,no?


  16. #16
    Banned Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,382
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically.

    Notmally, the sub armies of the same side would be on the same side,no?
    revisit your strat.

    the whole point of the map is that the players DON'T have the starting points on the same side.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I switched to blue camps, so I hope Drex meant he was using red camps.
    don't worry

    if drex uses the blue camps, i'll just mirror your strat. The map is perfectly symmetrical so it should work

    that said, if drex uses the red camps it'd spare me some work

  17. #17
    previously Kyte Dr.MeMeStEr#99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I switched to blue camps, so I hope Drex meant he was using red camps.
    what is the point of switching both your camps? are you dumb?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    revisit your strat.

    the whole point of the map is that the players DON'T have the starting points on the same side.
    I'm afraid i'll write my strat from scratch, then. If you'll excuse me, i'll take some time since i'm dead tired just coming from a football game.

    It should be ready in 2 hours or so...


  18. #18
    Banned Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,382
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what is the point of switching both your camps? are you dumb?
    the point is he thought you just mistook the colors

    you're really without shame

    I'm afraid i'll write my strat from scratch, then. If you'll excuse me, i'll take some time since i'm dead tired just coming from a football game.

    It should be ready in 2 hours or so...
    sure sure

    please while you're at it, use the red spawns instead of the blue ones. It makes my life easier.

  19. #19
    previously Kyte Dr.MeMeStEr#99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,673
    Okay


  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    map is identical anyway, it's probably not a problem to switch
    It sounds like he used the wrong forest but the correct mountain, so it would be a bigger problem than just mirroring his strategy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •