Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a specific topic. The holocaust, as it was an actual crime against humanity and is an actual law in germany.

Other things - such as stating you are against group A B C for reason 1 2 3 is covered by free speech, regardless how the governments attitude is towards the matter.

You of course have to face a possible media coverage and "shitstorm". But it aint a matter of law.

-

It becomes a matter of law when you not only state you hate group A B C for reason 1 2 3 but in addition states/imply you were okay with if thing XYZ happens to them (negative, possible crime related things obviously) - or ask others to do these things.

Then yes, the state (in the form of the justice department) does not agree with it.

Which is perfectly fine and you already stated that you at least can agree to the reasoning behind this.
    When I say sort of agree, I meant that in the case of a direct threat of violence that can't be misconstrued

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-media-posts

Two delegates of Germany’s far-right party are being investigated by Germany’s state prosecutor over possible incitement to hatred, after one of them accused Cologne police who had tweeted a new year message in Arabic of appeasing “barbaric, gang-raping Muslim hordes of men”.
    This statement is not promoting violence whatsoever and still qualifies as illegal hate speech, so clearly the law falls closer to state censorship than it does preventing actual crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrack View Post
    the genocide the jews are commiting against the palestinians is a crime against humanity. if you deny that you deserve to get sent to jail and put on a surveillance watchlist for the rest of your life
    German.exe has stopped working

the genocide the jews are commiting against the palestinians is a crime against humanity. if you deny that you deserve to get sent to jail and put on a surveillance watchlist for the rest of your life
    if i am - for example - in a country where this is actual law, then yes. i agree with this assessment.

if i am - for example - in a country where this is actual law, then yes. i agree with this assessment.
    really?

well i guess that clears up your position then. i seriously didnt think you were a little worker ant sucking the rancid dick of the ruleing class but it looks like i was wrong

How statist can you get lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    When I say sort of agree, I meant that in the case of a direct threat of violence that can't be misconstrued

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...al-media-posts

This statement is not promoting violence whatsoever and still qualifies as illegal hate speech, so clearly the law falls closer to state censorship than it does preventing actual crime.

- - - Updated - - -

German.exe has stopped working
    Of course the state attorney has to pursue reports. Against this specific tweet over 100 independent reports have been filed.

You cant twist the state attorney doing his job when faced with 100+ reports over a certain incident into it being close to censorship. The opposite is true. Due to neither the people who reported her nor the executive branch of the government (the police thinks it is against the law but doesnt know) having certainity whether or not this is actual against the law for demagougery reasons the work of the state attourney is crucial.

And Beatrix von Storch has not been convicted for it, nor being in front of court.

And she likely will not, since it is, just as you said, not a call to violence but just a tasteley, generalizing, polarizing tweet of shit. Covered by free speech.

-
    Just as it is also free to report such tweets for the state to clarify.

- - - Updated - - -

really?

well i guess that clears up your position then. i seriously didnt think you were a little worker ant sucking the rancid dick of the ruleing class but it looks like i was wrong
    Informing oneself about the rules of places you visit before you visit them is appropriate.

As such i would not visit a place with such a ruling. Similar to me not visiting the turkey for the reasons of what people are not allowed to express there.

But, just under the hypothetical scenario that i would wake up and be there, then i would of course try to be lawful. Regardless my personal opinion on the matter.

Informing oneself about the rules of places you visit before you visit them is appropriate.

As such i would not visit a place with such a ruling. Similar to me not visiting the turkey for the reasons of what people are not allowed to express there.

But, just under the hypothetical scenario that i would wake up and be there, then i would of course try to be lawful. Regardless my personal opinion on the matter.
    its that exact attitude that allows things like the nazi movement to gain momentum and take over

its that exact attitude that allows things like the nazi movement to gain momentum and take over
    That's not correct. You misinterpret my neutrality towards other countries policies and law with a general indifference towards dangerous political developments on my country .

of course me as a tourist and foreigner in another country can not expect the countries policy and culture to bow down to me. I am the one adapting. And if it's a country whose attitude towards certain topics I a am heavily opposed to I do not visit it. Simple

of course I wish and hope that the citizens will cause a change with political work however.

In my own country the political landscape has to be monitored and when things change in a way I do not support it it is up to me to voice my concern.

-

coincidentally certain groups are concerned with the political landscape right now. and it is their right to express their concern. As long as the follow the basic rule of law.

Of course the state attorney has to pursue reports. Against this specific tweet over 100 independent reports have been filed.

You cant twist the state attorney doing his job when faced with 100+ reports over a certain incident into it being close to censorship. The opposite is true. Due to neither the people who reported her nor the executive branch of the government (the police thinks it is against the law but doesnt know) having certainity whether or not this is actual against the law for demagougery reasons the work of the state attourney is crucial.

And Beatrix von Storch has not been convicted for it, nor being in front of court.

And she likely will not, since it is, just as you said, not a call to violence but just a tasteley, generalizing, polarizing tweet of shit. Covered by free speech.
    I just...what a way to live. I can't help but feel these restrictions encourage group think. In addition to Germans culturally being meek and not directly confrontational, it's the perfect combination to mold society into bootlickers

Break your chains R

That's not correct. You misinterpret my neutrality towards other countries policies and law with a general indifference towards dangerous political developments on my country .
    people are getting arrested for uttering the forbidden sentance in public. your leaders are flooding your country and the rest of europe with criminals

merkel could walk up to a podium tommorow and announce all whites be gassed to death and i bet you wouldnt even make a peep about it

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I just...what a way to live. I can't help but feel these restrictions encourage group think. In addition to Germans culturally being meek and not directly confrontational, it's the perfect combination to mold society into bootlickers

Break your chains R
    What restriction? When someone reports you to the police, of course there will be an investigation. And when 99 others report you as well, there will be an investigation just the same. Thats not a restriction to me.

- - - Updated - - -

people are getting arrested for uttering the forbidden sentance in public. your leaders are flooding your country and the rest of europe with criminals

merkel could walk up to a podium tommorow and announce all whites be gassed to death and i bet you wouldnt even make a peep about it
    What forbidden sentence? What arrestings?

Regarding the criminal stuff. There has been a new crime statistic in germany just 3 days ago, covering the entirety of 2017. It was the lowest crime rate overall since 1992. And the perpetrator without german passport was reduced by around 6% compared to 2016, sitting at 36%. I have not analyzed it completely yet, but i will maybe open a specific thread regarding the matter.

Felt safety and actual safety are two very different things after all, and i think the topic deserves a discussion.

What forbidden sentence? What arrestings?

R
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42164853

Will R ever realize how mind numbingly stupid his beliefs are? His entire philosophy is to bend over to perceived authority.
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Thats a very bad example, as the entire holocaust topic is literal rule of law.

I was under the impression you mean bad sentences regarding the "flodding with criminals" as you stated in the later part of the sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    Will R ever realize how mind numbingly stupid his beliefs are? His entire philosophy is to bend over to perceived authority.
    Laws are not percieved. Law is not a subjective impression we may or may not follow, depending how we feel that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    maybe he has a telescreen mounted right behind him