So I played my first chess tournament after 6-7 years of inactivity

Finally played in a chess tournament 2 weeks ago. It was nothing fancy, just an in-club tournament for fun.

I obviously didn't do well xD but that's not the reason I am making this thread lol.

I haven't played on a real clock in a while, so my hands forgot the distance it has to travel to reach the clock... More than once mid-tourney I ended up extending my hand too far and pressing on another table's clock

One time the guy just looked at me and paused for like 5 seconds and then said "what the fuck are you doing?"

I kid you not, this legit happened. And if it wasn't just a friendly tournament, I probably would have lost due to breaking some sort of rule lol
    Last edited by Game Master; 04-23-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

Learn Networking In A Simple Yet Enjoyable Fashion! ↓
    https://chessbrain94.wixsite.com/ifnetworkswerehuman

Man guys like that take their chess way too seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally played in a chess tournament 2 weeks ago. It was nothing fancy, just an in-club tournament for fun.

I obviously didn't do well xD but that's not the reason I am making this thread lol.

I haven't played on a real clock in a while, so my hands forgot the distance it has to travel to reach the clock... More than once mid-tourney I ended up extending my hand too far and pressing on another table's clock

One time the guy just looked at me and paused for like 5 seconds and then said "what the fuck are you doing?"

I kid you not, this legit happened. And if it wasn't just a friendly tournament, I probably would have lost due to breaking some sort of rule lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man guys like that take their chess way too seriously
    I concur with Dofla, especially since it was a local tournament, it's not likely they were pro or anything ...

Nice that you got to try your hand at chess again, hoped you enjoyed it !

Yea I enjoyed it a lot...

Hell enjoyed might be an understatement... I haven't had a chance to crush people with relentless offense in a real tournament match in years! It was really fun watching your opponent crumble under pressure of just pure offense.

Plus... In a tournament where only 2 masters played and the rest were mostly club members, I got 8th place (12 players in total) So I wasn't rock bottom, I'd say that's a solid start for 6-7 years of nothing xD
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

Learn Networking In A Simple Yet Enjoyable Fashion! ↓
    https://chessbrain94.wixsite.com/ifnetworkswerehuman