0 0%
  • 3/5

0 0%
  • 4/5

3 50.00%
  • 5/5

3 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gentle wasn't outright losing to Deku pre power up. Where was it stated that gentle never used this much of the boost?

The first fight portrayed gentle on equal footing with Deku. Using not lethal force to evade or tank everything Deku through at him and to be fair vice versa.

We get a panel of Deku saying gentle is stronger than him only to knock him out at more than full power and a lazily written "strongest I've ever faced" line.

You don't know all the experience gentle has because we only got a flashback that we presume happened years ago. Gentle for all we know has a ridiculous amount of experience evading experienced pro's. He's outright said that he just never films whenever he has to use the power up.

The outcome seemed forced and if the only people who can challenge Deku at this point are high tier villains we'll have anothet post skip Luffy/ dbz/ Naruto situation Ie. The writer fucks with power scaling and we're out here having a prepubescent child destroying top tower adults. Which is at least in my opinion boring and what BHA actively avoided until now.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Excellent chapter. I was obviously rooting for Gentle, but it had to end like that. I'm going to be pissed of if we'd never see him again. Although him escaping from this situation seems impossible, I'd be totally fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gentle wasn't outright losing to Deku pre power up. Where was it stated that gentle never used this much of the boost?

The first fight portrayed gentle on equal footing with Deku. Using not lethal force to evade or tank everything Deku through at him and to be fair vice versa.

We get a panel of Deku saying gentle is stronger than him only to knock him out at more than full power and a lazily written "strongest I've ever faced" line.

You don't know all the experience gentle has because we only got a flashback that we presume happened years ago. Gentle for all we know has a ridiculous amount of experience evading experienced pro's. He's outright said that he just never films whenever he has to use the power up.

The outcome seemed forced and if the only people who can challenge Deku at this point are high tier villains we'll have anothet post skip Luffy/ dbz/ Naruto situation Ie. The writer fucks with power scaling and we're out here having a prepubescent child destroying top tower adults. Which is at least in my opinion boring and what BHA actively avoided until now.
    > Deku beats pre power up Gentle
    > Deku beats Gentle with a power up
    > Gentle has an underdog backstory and struggles to gain infamy

Nothing about his portrayal or performance suggest that he's some secret beast. Gentle is clearly far from top tier - it's your interpretation that's inconsistent.

Also of note, Deku didn't say Gentle has been the strongest person he's fought. That would obviously be Muscular. Deku said this was his toughest battle - because Deku was feeling remorse.
    Last edited by Ultra; 04-21-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    > Deku beats pre power up Gentle
    > Deku beats Gentle with a power up
    > Gentle has an underdog backstory and struggles to gain infamy

Nothing about his portrayal or performance suggest that he's some secret beast. Gentle is clearly far from top tier - it's your interpretation that's inconsistent.

Also of note, Deku didn't say Gentle has been the strongest person he's fought. That would obviously be Muscular. Deku said this was his toughest battle - because Deku was feeling remorse.
    Meh. I reread it and my interpretation is inconsistent. I'm salty af that gentle lost.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    Meh. I reread it and my interpretation is inconsistent. I'm salty af that gentle lost.
    He'll be back and stronger than ever though

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    He'll be back and stronger than ever though
    Believe in the Gentle

RIP, Gentle.

Through dream I travel, at lantern's call
    To consume the flames of a kingdom's fall

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!