5 31.25%
  • 4/5

4 25.00%
  • 5/5

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Perun View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BM want Luffys head so there is still a chance for Kaido vs BM duel.
    Kaido would strangle the fuck out of Big Mom.

I thought this was a fine chapter. I think there was a lot of bull shit with this arc, but if you look at the positives, there were good things to come out of it. I think Oda no longer understands how to pace his work or really gives a fuck about perceived power levels, with is fine since that's usually a fandom's concern. He gave us a couple of great characters with Capone and Katakuri, a few emotional moments, Brook being a bad ass, the full extent of a Yonko (who remains untouched), and a great with with Luffy vs Katakuri. I think we can kind of compare our perception of the series like how people looked at Katakuri; as a perfect piece of work. But in reality, there are flaws and we should be okay with that since we're still getting a ton of good things from the series, we're just getting more bad things as well than we're used to.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

I liked the ending because it hints the cake had some lasting effect on Big Mam. He fed her, probably a mistake, but they will deal with that later.

What I don't like is more hand waved allied pirates. No body at all to even attempt to stop the SH leaving their territory?? How did the Vinnesmokes hold out for so long?? They don't have the excuse that they control the ocean. At least show their semi-hyped cloned soldiers instead of just them somehow surviving. Hand waved Snack's encounter with Judge too. Makes no sense Judge wouldn't get instantly destroyed by him.

The art was nice, still can't enjoy a chapter that ends such a garbage tier arc.

Aside from unnecessary drama, it was an alright chapter.

How do you guys know reveiere is next chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Oda said that in an interview maybe, that after the WC there will be a mini reverie arc. Dont know how much of it is true though.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    It was announced in the next issue preview

Not a terribly exciting chapter, but a necessary one none the less.

I really liked the Brulée/Katakuri moment, that was a nice way of giving the villains a bit more character depth.

Thank fuck it ended.

I hope Reverie is a relatively short arc, somewhere around 15-25 chapters would be great since I cant see myself sitting through another 50+ chapters arc unless were getting rid of an Yonko or something.

Quote Originally Posted by baji17 View Post
    Thank fuck it ended.

I hope Reverie is a relatively short arc, somewhere around 15-25 chapters would be great since I cant see myself sitting through another 50+ chapters arc unless were getting rid of an Yonko or something.
    I doubt it will even be that long. Not really an arc, more like the Post-War mini-arc minus the Sabo flashback chapters. Unless we get a young Dragon flashback explaining the beginning of the Revs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    I doubt it will even be that long. Not really an arc, more like the Post-War mini-arc minus the Sabo flashback chapters. Unless we get a young Dragon flashback explaining the beginning of the Revs or something.
    Yeah what we will be getting now will be Zou length at most. Then we get another long arc with Wano.

Very good chapter imo, I liked how the cigarette of last chapters that got focused got an explenation here.

For those wondering for Puddin: She probably wanted to escape asap but she knows she can’t or Big Mom and the brothers would use their best to capture them inmeditly, specially Big Mom. Why? Remember Pudding is an “ace” for her third eye and when it awakens she would get some sort of power. She is unique and very weird “specimen”. Puddin is not dumb and sacrificef, staying in a place that dont consider her useful, ugly, etc. That is probably why she wants the acceptance of normal people so badly, is not an act that she enjoys fooling people, she feels like she is nothing. It is amazing how she just turned to be one of my favorite characters now. It is not just an “Oh someone was nice to her and she got feelings” Those were good emotions and dreams she had deep inside but she felt she wasnt worthy for them. She is not strong as her other brothers, not pretty and not accepted. She probably liked Sanji before the whole pretty eyes but assumed he would dislike her for them.

I remember Bruleé saying something to Nami about being beautiful, I believed she was just jelaous but there were more meaning on those words. The scar, damn and Katakuri getting bullied and deffending her. It was beautiful. The “ugly” children of Big Mom are very enjoyable. Chiffon, Lola, the mermaid girl, truly beautiful unlike Smoothie who was probably the most shit character in this.

I didnt enjoy the arc that much but the closure was well done.
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Whelp, I have nothing to say other than Sanji c Pudding wins

I AM THROGG! THE TRUE KING IN THE NORTH!!!

That's a nice contrast you observed among the BM pirates, Cake.

It's stuff like that I feel really molds the story.

For Pudding, her DISPOSITION is exactly what you described.

Oda loves using disposition as a plot device, I believe that. It's weaved into every single meaningful character in the entire story.

- - - Updated - - -

And right.. she's an extremely rare specimen. Losing her means losing the ability to read the all important poneglyph.