Kuina's new incarnation: Tashigi

All right,

As many of you may already know, I believe there is a concept of reincarnation involved in the story. The content of this post may seem similar to one's made in the past. But, I am hoping to cover this subject comprehensively.

---

The Concept of Reincarnation
    - This is something that is most often associated to Roger and Luffy because of how similar they appear to be, especially during Roger's younger days. But, I actually believe this occurs with many other people as well. Tashigi would just be another example of it. But, generally speaking, the concept of reincarnation simply involves soul-transfers-- a soul leaving one body and going into another (vessels). Not everybody views this in the same way. I, myself, view this as a reset of consciousness. The person's mind is often similar, but distinctly different than it was previously. This is often due to circumstances surrounding their lives.

One key thing to note, however, is that their general Dream never changes. They may act differently in a new life, but the dreams they have never really change. And, I'm going to demonstrate how for Kuina this changed in only a very small way.

---

The Evidence

1. One thing I believe often occurs with people who have been reincarnated is they tend to repeat phrases. This includes Shanks telling Rayleigh that Luffy said, "the exact same thing" the captain did [Roger]. Meaning, I believe Shanks also believes Luffy is the reincarnation of Roger (hence why he gave him the Straw Hat-- but, there's more to that part … ).
    - When Zoro first met Tashigi he was baffled by how many characteristics she shared with Kuina. And, this is how he responded to her...

Tashigi: Why aren't you finishing me off!?
    Tashigi: Is it because I'm a woman!?
    Kuina: You're lucky, Zoro. You're a boy. *flashback*
    Tashigi: It's humiliating that you won't fight seriously in a game played in earnest just because men're physically stronger than women!
    Tashigi: I'm sure you don't understand the feeling that I wish I was born a boy. I don't carry a sword for pleasure!
    Zoro: I don't like your very being! *****
    Zoro: Listen!! Your face! It looks exactly like my close friend's who died long ago! *****
    Zoro: On top of that, you started saying the same thing she used to say! *****
    Zoro: Don't imitate, you copycat woman!
    Tashigi: What!? Stop talking like you're a child! You're rude!
    Tashigi: I live the way I am! I don't know what your friend was like, but I'm the one who feels upset!
    Tashigi: Isn't she the copycat!?
    Zoro: Wh-What'd you say!?

---

In conclusion, Tashigi is Kuina's new incarnation. The only real difference is Tashigi has an added perspective of Justice. The contrast is she was better than Zoro as Kuina. But, Zoro is better than her as Tashigi.

---

The lines marked with [*****] are the one's I feel are most important of the bunch.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 04-17-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Shouldn't Tashigi, Kuina, and Zoro be around the same age. Can't reincarnate into somethings that is already living.

Tashigi is older than Zoro, so no.

They are lookalikes. Nothing else.

That means Kuina reincarnated within a few years after she died. Thats too fast, or its just random as hell.

]

Quote Originally Posted by Cry77 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That means Kuina reincarnated within a few years after she died. Thats too fast, or its just random as hell.
    Dat nigga Cry77

Luffy is probably Roger's reincarnate tho

Zoro and Kuina were only kids when she died. Tashigi shouldnt be much younger than Zoro. Effectively, the difference between their age should be the amount of time between when she died and when she reincarnated. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcguint View Post
    Zoro and Kuina were only kids when she died. Tashigi shouldnt be much younger than Zoro. Effectively, the difference between their age should be the amount of time between when she died and when she reincarnated. Simple.
    Tashigi is older than Zoro by 2 years.

Where are you getting that from, exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I dont trust you guys to talk abouy facts. Nor do I care if you think shes not her reincarnation because she obviously is to anyone with half a brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just a matter of how it occurs. Not a question of if it occurred.

Where are you getting that from, exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I dont trust you guys to talk abouy facts. Nor do I care if you think shes not her reincarnation because she obviously is to anyone with half a brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just a matter of how it occurs. Not a question of if it occurred.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Tashigi

Yeah. I saw that, too. Where'd they get that info from? It doesnt matter if its true or not. Not to me. Its quite clear what the author intended to do with her.

- - - Updated - - -

What significance would her character hold if she wasn't Kuina's reincarnation. Do you honestly want to believe she's there just to remind Zoro of Kuina by her appearance? I would find that to be a rather uninspired plot point.

Here's what I gather.. that site claims she is of a certain age. I believe they also claim this was confirmed via an SBS. But, it's also likely that age comes from a fan's own interpretation of how old she should be-- because they gave her a birthdate and Oda just said, "Yep! That's fine!" Or something. He's done it before for Reiju's birthday, I think. Just said whatever to peoples interpretation of their birthdates.

Also, they dont actually have a reference to that SBS in their SBS guide. They have others, and I believe they attempt to cover every single one. But, Tashigi's can't be found among them.

Unless I just wasn't looking well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice to get that age from actual in-story content or the actual SBS in question. But, I would believe people would be hardpressed to find either one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me be clear, concerns about her age are warranted. The timeline should follow accordingly, logically. However, I don't believe her age was ever actually determined in the story itself. Anything relating to her age may just a fan's own interpretation of how old she should be.

The author being somewhat indifferent to them and letting them choose whatever they want to for people's birthdays might be the misleading part.

Here's what I gather.. that site claims she is of a certain age. I believe they also claim this was confirmed via an SBS. But, it's also likely that age comes from a fan's own interpretation of how old she should be-- because they gave her a birthdate and Oda just said, "Yep! That's fine!" Or something. He's done it before for Reiju's birthday, I think. Just said whatever to peoples interpretation of their birthdates.

Also, they dont actually have a reference to that SBS in their SBS guide. They have others, and I believe they attempt to cover every single one. But, Tashigi's can't be found among them.

Unless I just wasn't looking well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be nice to get that age from actual in-story content or the actual SBS in question. But, I would believe people would be hardpressed to find either one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me be clear, concerns about her age are warranted. The timeline should follow accordingly, logically. However, I don't believe her age was ever actually determined in the story itself. Anything relating to her age may just a fan's own interpretation of how old she should be.

The author being somewhat indifferent to them and letting them choose whatever they want to for people's birthdays might be the misleading part.

That's fine and all. But, like I said earlier, it's not really a matter of if it occured, it's a matter of how.

For those of you uninterested in discussing topics that involve spiritualism, I would suggest you don't consider more about what I have to say.

But, if it's not a matter of reincarnation. Which, it would be under a normal circumstance-- meaning, when someone dies and someone who looks like them and acts like them appears then it's obviously a reincarnation.

Anyhow, as I said, if it's not a matter of reincarnation its a matter of split incarnations. Talking about those, or why it would happen, is a rather difficult subject however.

But, in short, if you look up the subject yourself-- it will just tell you that the soul is attempting to gain a more rapid experience gain, in a sense.

- - - Updated - - -

You can follow that line of thought, or feel free to embrace what her character seems to represent at face value.

Ah cool

More McGuint Headcanon

You can call it that. But, unless you're using that particular line of thought you'll only be thinking of these happenings as mere coincidences. Or, you might be inclined to think Kuina never actually died.

But there's issues with both of those lines of thought as well. Is it enough to brush this off as coincidence for some? Certainly. But, it definitely leaves a lot of things unexplained. Like why she bears a resemblance to her at all.

Then if you'd rather try to reason out her being alive.. well, you would be required to create some explanation for why she responded to Zoro like a stranger. Then, there's the glasses. I believe she's had those since she was a kid. So, the bad eyesight thing.

Twin flames, split souls, parallel lives. They are just another form of reincarnation. The distinction I was drawing between them simply denotes a change in the incarnating process.

How many more ways can this be interpreted?

Feel free to state your own opinion, what's most likely to have occurred here?
    - Do they just look a like? Coincidence.
    - Did Kuina not die? Tashigi is faking everything.
    - Or is Tashigi Kuina's Twin Flame? Basically, one soul animating two physical bodies (this can occur with more than just two).

There is also a name for the duration of time that takes place when these physical bodies are animated at the same time, and it is referred to as, "Overlapping lives". These people don't even necessarily need to be born, or die at the same times. Convenient, isn't it? For this.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 04-18-2018 at 09:16 PM.