Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
  1. #1
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,050

    CyK 6 - R2: Alias vs Duke

    Factions

    Alias
    _ Renpa
    _ Shouheikun
    _ Keisha
    _ Kisui
    _ Kaine

    vs

    Duke
    _ Moubu
    _ Kanmei
    _ Kyouen
    _ Kanjou



    Interpretation Rules

    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do indipendent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.



    Points System and Voting Rules


    _ All players are in one big, unique group. At the end of the group phase, the 4 teams with the highest score will proceed to the semifinals.
    _ The winner of this match will be given 20 points. In case of draw, both teams will be given 8 points.
    _ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon. Voting players are given 5 points right away. Non-players are welcome to vote as well. Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold. You can't vote for a draw. Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them. And of course, the players involved in the battle can't vote.



    Map and Battle Terms

    The teams are going to face off in this map:
    A swamp. Isles of firm land are connected together by shallows. All water here is crossable and it never gets deep, but the mud and the vegetation at its bottom makes crossing exceedingly slow especially for horses. Most of the land is covered in vegetation too, but except for the isles adjacent to the north-west edge, the jungle isn't so dense. At the centre of the swamp, slightly off to the northwest, there's an elevation that could be called hill, particularly deprived of plants, and visible from all over the map. Players start in two different isles, equidistant from the hill isle.
    (map url: https://imgur.com/Ylrl84Y.jpg - credits to gnx)

    Each army counts 150k men.
    The map's edge takes approximately 2 days of march to travel for regular armies.

    Alias is blue, Duke is red.

    Wincon: defeat your opponent's army or achieve an advantageous stalemate.



    Strategy Layout

    Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _ Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.



    Alias' march:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deployment :



    Two armies, the right one with 55k (Renpa 50k Kaine 5k), and the left army, 95k (SHK 40k, Keisha 40k and Kisui 15k).


    General strategy : The main purpose is to take control of the two biggest islands on the map, with some priority of the most central one, which is why the army got split into two, and the way I see it, the enemy has two choices, either he keeps his army in one big block or he splits it as well.  As there are imo more chances that the enemy's armies will be split but with some priority on the center one, Renpa will take control of the right army since he's the one with the best observation skills, allowing him to find his way the best in all my commanders.  The point is to take out one of the main armies of the enemy and then group against what's left.

    Instructions :

    Keisha : will be in charge of overseeing the general defensive "net" from the back.

    SHK : Will be in charge of overseeing the attack in the event that Renpa joins the central island battlefield.

    Will instruct and lead manoeuvers to hinder charges coming from the enemy's armies.

    Kisui : Will strike at the back/side of any army that would manage to get into our lines.

    Renpa (CiC) : If the enemy on his side numbers less than 30k, crushes them before joining the central island.

    If the enemy numbers between 30 and 60 k, stalls them for a while then uses Kaine as a distraction while he goes to the central island.

    If the enemy numbers more than 60k stalls them the best he can and uses Kaine as a shield distraction while he goes to the other island.

    Kaine : Quality bait.


    Duke's resistance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Deployment



    Kanmei + Kanjou army (Green)- 90k [5k Giant Cavalry/1k Kanjou Elites]
    Moubu + Kyouen army (Red)- 60k [10k bloodthirsty elites/10k Kyouen Elites]

    Strategy
    Kanmei is to take and defend the open elevated island in the center. Moubu will take the jungle island before cutting through to the team HQ.

    Clauses
    Kanmei (CiC)
    -Cut through to the main island as quickly as possible and overpower enemies in his path to take the elevated position
    -Lead from the front at first pushing back the initial wave of enemies, once he holds a comfortable position he will stay in the center of his men and focus on defense and fortification.
    -Kanmei will confront any commander who tries personally digging through his men, but we will focus on defense and won't compromise his position by chasing anyone down. He will prioritize Renpa if there is more than one person striking into him at once.

    Kanjou
    -If Kanmei gets into a duel with Renpa, he is to make sure nobody interferes. If nobody does, then he will try to strike Renpa himself to ensure Kanmei's victory.
    -He will help Kanmei with tactics and fortification, serving as an advisor and having archers around the swampy areas that they've secured.
    -Can be sent to rally and guide areas that are being targeted, but will try to avoid engaging with or chasing enemy commanders.

    Moubu
    -He will take control of the jungle, allowing enemies to cross through then striking them down whatever opponent enters onto that island.
    -If nobody comes onto the island or the enemy in that area is cleared out then he will advance through to the opponent HQ and strike there, and then cut through there to meet up with Kanmei's army to hopefully pincer anybody he's doing battle with
    -He'll go after enemy commanders if the chance presents itself, but he'll be wary of bait and try to make clear before crossing.

    Kyouen
    -His will use his offensive manuevering and tactics to guide Moubu's offensive, giving him the cleanest offensives through the scarce jungle
    -Set up archer killzones in the forest and around the edges of the swampy areas to give hell to whoever sets foot there
    -If Moubu gets in a duel with Renpa, he will ensure nobody interferes, and will try putting an arrow in Renpa's back should he get the opportunity



    vote before the deadline!





    Last edited by Crispickle; 04-20-2018 at 07:19 PM.


  2. #2
    Juan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,974
    Interesting

    good luck to both
    Dizzy, drunk and handsome.

  3. #3
    The Illustrious Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    52,749
    looks to be a super annoying map, can't wait to see how both play this one


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    looks to be a super annoying map, can't wait to see how both play this one
    I've created worse for this CYK...

  5. #5
    The Illustrious Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    52,749
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've created worse for this CYK...
    like?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    like?
    A swamp with a third faction.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    like?
    You'll see

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A swamp with a third faction.
    That actually cross my mind, but with mountain. I abandoned it early on though lol

  8. #8
    The Illustrious Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    52,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A swamp with a third faction.
    and alligator as the food source with delivery schedules?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and alligator as the food source with delivery schedules?
    There's actually one with.... Wild life (?) lol

  10. #10
    The Illustrious Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    52,749
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's actually one with.... Wild life (?) lol
    lemme guess, bears?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lemme guess, bears?

  12. #12
    So basically this map just deny Duke team of his main weapon: mighty charges



  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So basically this map just deny Duke team of his main weapon: mighty charges


    First map was the same with slippy roads and snowy plains.


    It is quite obvious what is happening here indeed.


    This while plainsbattles is half the manga.

  14. #14
    Knight of Elegance Aliasniamor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,594
    @Crispickle; I forgot my computer at the office I can't get the strat done before tomorrow morning

  15. #15
    after much deep analysis and thoughts of the startegy of both the teams, i think i'll give this to Alias.


  16. #16
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,050
    ultimatum bolids



    @Duke; @Aliasniamor;

    whoever doesn't make it until new deadline will be disqualified this time


  17. #17
    Knight of Elegance Aliasniamor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ultimatum bolids



    @Duke; @Aliasniamor;

    whoever doesn't make it until new deadline will be disqualified this time
    I'll be in time, thx for the delay

  18. #18
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,050
    ok i have a decision to take here

    let me ponder a bit


  19. #19
    I have given in. Ages ago.

  20. #20
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,050
    Alias' march:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliasniamor
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deployment :



    Two armies, the right one with 55k (Renpa 50k Kaine 5k), and the left army, 95k (SHK 40k, Keisha 40k and Kisui 15k).


    General strategy : The main purpose is to take control of the two biggest islands on the map, with some priority of the most central one, which is why the army got split into two, and the way I see it, the enemy has two choices, either he keeps his army in one big block or he splits it as well.  As there are imo more chances that the enemy's armies will be split but with some priority on the center one, Renpa will take control of the right army since he's the one with the best observation skills, allowing him to find his way the best in all my commanders.  The point is to take out one of the main armies of the enemy and then group against what's left.

    Instructions :

    Keisha : will be in charge of overseeing the general defensive "net" from the back.

    SHK : Will be in charge of overseeing the attack in the event that Renpa joins the central island battlefield.

    Will instruct and lead manoeuvers to hinder charges coming from the enemy's armies.

    Kisui : Will strike at the back/side of any army that would manage to get into our lines.

    Renpa (CiC) : If the enemy on his side numbers less than 30k, crushes them before joining the central island.

    If the enemy numbers between 30 and 60 k, stalls them for a while then uses Kaine as a distraction while he goes to the central island.

    If the enemy numbers more than 60k stalls them the best he can and uses Kaine as a shield distraction while he goes to the other island.

    Kaine : Quality bait.


    Duke's resistance:
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Deployment



    Kanmei + Kanjou army (Green)- 90k [5k Giant Cavalry/1k Kanjou Elites]
    Moubu + Kyouen army (Red)- 60k [10k bloodthirsty elites/10k Kyouen Elites]

    Strategy
    Kanmei is to take and defend the open elevated island in the center. Moubu will take the jungle island before cutting through to the team HQ.

    Clauses
    Kanmei (CiC)
    -Cut through to the main island as quickly as possible and overpower enemies in his path to take the elevated position
    -Lead from the front at first pushing back the initial wave of enemies, once he holds a comfortable position he will stay in the center of his men and focus on defense and fortification.
    -Kanmei will confront any commander who tries personally digging through his men, but we will focus on defense and won't compromise his position by chasing anyone down. He will prioritize Renpa if there is more than one person striking into him at once.

    Kanjou
    -If Kanmei gets into a duel with Renpa, he is to make sure nobody interferes. If nobody does, then he will try to strike Renpa himself to ensure Kanmei's victory.
    -He will help Kanmei with tactics and fortification, serving as an advisor and having archers around the swampy areas that they've secured.
    -Can be sent to rally and guide areas that are being targeted, but will try to avoid engaging with or chasing enemy commanders.

    Moubu
    -He will take control of the jungle, allowing enemies to cross through then striking them down whatever opponent enters onto that island.
    -If nobody comes onto the island or the enemy in that area is cleared out then he will advance through to the opponent HQ and strike there, and then cut through there to meet up with Kanmei's army to hopefully pincer anybody he's doing battle with
    -He'll go after enemy commanders if the chance presents itself, but he'll be wary of bait and try to make clear before crossing.

    Kyouen
    -His will use his offensive manuevering and tactics to guide Moubu's offensive, giving him the cleanest offensives through the scarce jungle
    -Set up archer killzones in the forest and around the edges of the swampy areas to give hell to whoever sets foot there
    -If Moubu gets in a duel with Renpa, he will ensure nobody interferes, and will try putting an arrow in Renpa's back should he get the opportunity



    vote before the deadline!





    @Aliasniamor; @Juan; @Tenma; @Duke; @Li_Xin; @Tokio; @Void; @felixng2015; @DreX; @Nordlending; @Heart;


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •