_ Gokei
    _ Gekishin
    _ Earl Shi
    _ Chousou
    _ Mougou
    _ Rinbukun
    _ Rokuomi

Interpretation Rules

All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do indipendent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.

Points System and Voting Rules

_ All players are in one big, unique group. At the end of the group phase, the 4 teams with the highest score will proceed to the semifinals.
    _ The winner of this match will be given 20 points. In case of draw, both teams will be given 8 points.
    _ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon. Voting players are given 5 points right away. Non-players are welcome to vote as well. Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold. You can't vote for a draw. Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them. And of course, the players involved in the battle can't vote.

Map and Battle Terms

The teams are going to face off in this map:
    The map's a much bigger chessboard this time. The centre of the region is dominated by an heavily fortified and highly populated city (Kanyou sized, assuming 700k of population), inhabited by a peaceful folk belonging to a third faction. The city can deploy a militia of inexperienced armed citizens, but they usually avoid conflict if they can. The food needs of the central city are satisfied by two nearby villages: the village to the east is a hunters' lookout and they provide meat, while the village to the west provides crops. The city receives a food shipment from each village every Wednesday, and they'd consume all that food in a week. The city has food stored for 2 days of worth in case of emergencies. The food caravans coming from the villages travel through the roads, every week leaving in Tuesday morning to reach the city by Wednesday evening. The players' armies start on a slightly fortified encampment, on top of an hill, one in the south and one in the north. The river in the centre-west is crossable in 3 points: a bridge and two specular shallows.
    (map url: https://i.imgur.com/yT0QpW2.jpg - credits to blame on me)

Each army counts 200k men. Your food supplies will support your men for 15 days.
    The map's edge takes approximately 3 days of march to travel for regular armies.

Void is blue, Heart is red.

Wincon: take control of the region or achieve an advantageous stalemate.

Strategy Layout

Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _ Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.

strats are due within

@Void; @Heart;

cool map

gl to both
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

pls don't make supplies a thing in my match

I request a new map, why do you wait til now to introduce supplies and a third faction?

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I thought it was a nice map until I read the description.

honestly, very hard to gauge how the neutral 3rd faction will do.

there's also the whole supplies mechanic which... i dunno what to say

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I request a new map, why do you wait til now to introduce supplies and a third faction?
    as an experiment, of course

third faction doesn't do anything. It's essentially a neutral party.

If they don't do anything then you should remove them from the match. Your neutral party outnumbers both armies combined, nobody wants to have to factor in 700k civilians with a built in routine set around logistics and days of the week when they're trying to make a strategy or vote in the match.

Void wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    If they don't do anything then you should remove them from the match. Your neutral party outnumbers both armies combined, nobody wants to have to factor in 700k civilians with a built in routine set around logistics and days of the week when they're trying to make a strategy or vote in the match.
    removing them would mean scraping off the map, since there's no point of having a neutral city in the middle if it's empty. The civs are just mouths to feed, they won't do anything of their own initiative, and they need to be handled as such. The map is open to a lot of possibilities.

no experiment can get a resolution unless it's tried out. Then if we decide we'd rather go back to the usual cliffs, hills and rivers it's fine. But i feel like stuff's getting stale and supply war is a fresh manga element whose potential should be tested before scraping it off. The players are also seasoned and used to the game enough to be good testers.

i don't see why this mab is not accepted, the idea is a great addition. Maybe we can introduce rules that restrict their actions and uses. I assume there would be an exception and a privilege to Kanki, but he's not in this one anyways.

Yeah but the city is needless, the people have no purpose... can just capture one of the food supplies...

One question, what day of the week is this fight on

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    as an experiment, of course

third faction doesn't do anything. It's essentially a neutral party.
    why now? why not do it in the last round of matches?

anyways, I forfeit this one. glgl with the next round Allara

Hey wait I forfeit too than

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just have a match, are you 100% opposed to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    removing them would mean scraping off the map, since there's no point of having a neutral city in the middle if it's empty.

Problem solved.

This one is better imo

We can probably deal with supplies or neutral faction, but don't experiment with both at the same time

15 days are a lot anyway, most people assume things will end within a week or so except if the one side is obviously stalling (in which the supply source will be a factor)

I have my own personal problems with it, since the way I approach the voting differs from such.

I usually view these battles as more of a simulation or something. Like an endless day where both sides will continue forth with their strategy until one prevails over the other. No factoring in the logistics like food supplies or day and night cycles or else it just becomes too much of a mess mixing these variables into the pot. As far as I'm concerned it's no less realistic than everyone pitching tents right where they're sitting and continuing right off exactly where they left off the next morning, like its portrayed in the Crispi propaganda corners.

I know Crispi is probably sitting back fancying himself some high intellectual for including these aspects, but simple is better for both the person writing the strat and the person voting. It's going to effect the voter and player turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    Hey wait I forfeit too than

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just have a match, are you 100% opposed to it?
    it could turn out to be an interesting thing, I dunno but personally, I don't have the time to juggle additional things like logistics, food delivery schedules, and impression of a huge neutral faction who I'm supposed to battle around. that's not even talking about debating all this with you once strats are posted and convincing voters. it's a huge headache and I don't want to open pandora's box.

I'm not opposed to other players having this sorta setup if Crispy wants, I just don't have the time for it, especially at the beginning of the week