Todoroki vs Gentle

who wins?

round 2: lover move Gentle.

gentle no doubt

Depends on the location.

Todoroki wins 1, loses 2

gentle is quick enough to more than just keep up with midoriya in an upgraded, boosted, 20% form. physically todoroki has no way of tagging gentle. and his ice trajectory is slower than the physical approach from midoriya.

i would even go as far and say gentle could even tank all the shit todoroki throws at him, seeing how his improvement is solely speculative at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gentle is quick enough to more than just keep up with midoriya in an upgraded, boosted, 20% form. physically todoroki has no way of tagging gentle. and his ice trajectory is slower than the physical approach from midoriya.

i would even go as far and say gentle could even tank all the shit todoroki throws at him, seeing how his improvement is solely speculative at this point.
    Was Midorya at 20% this entire fight? I thought 20% puts physical strain on him?

I also disagree that Todoroki can't tag gentle with his massive AoE attacks

and even if he did not improve whatsoever, gentle is not tanking shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Was Midorya at 20% this entire fight? I thought 20% puts physical strain on him?

I also disagree that Todoroki can't tag gentle with his massive AoE attacks

and even if he did not improve whatsoever, gentle is not tanking shit lol
    i have to double check the 20% stuff.

the AOE of todorokis stuff is a couple dozens meter from what we know - mostly going by his ring fights and when he froze part of a some-stocks building. gentle can launch himself away 100s of meters to avoid getting tagged.

by tanking i mean not standing and turning the other cheeck. i mean utilizing his quirk to create his air shields. if they deflect midoriyas new air shots they more than certainly deflect todorokis blasts

i have to double check the 20% stuff.

the AOE of todorokis stuff is a couple dozens meter from what we know - mostly going by his ring fights and when he froze part of a some-stocks building. gentle can launch himself away 100s of meters to avoid getting tagged.

by tanking i mean not standing and turning the other cheeck. i mean utilizing his quirk to create his air shields. if they deflect midoriyas new air shots they more than certainly deflect todorokis blasts
    Gentle can avoid attacks quite well but he then puts himself out of range to do anything himself. He can't win the fight by running away lol

Midorya's air shots are just his normal delaware smash but it's now a concentrated ranged attacks. Todoroki was able to match 100% Delaware smash with his basic ice attacks, so he's obviously comparable.

I'm quite boggled at how you can think Todoroki can't handle base Gentle when Deku soundly defeated him

Gentle can avoid attacks quite well but he then puts himself out of range to do anything himself. He can't win the fight by running away lol

Midorya's air shots are just his normal delaware smash but it's now a concentrated ranged attacks. Todoroki was able to match 100% Delaware smash with his basic ice attacks, so he's obviously comparable.

I'm quite boggled at how you can think Todoroki can't handle base Gentle when Deku soundly defeated him
    gentles own air shots have a pretty decent range. not as much as he can propell himself but still. he sure had means to attack. even then, todoroki can not spam his big AOE all the time whereas gentle can spam his shit without breaks.

in regards to midoriyas air shots - gentle even tanked one of it straight to the back and was more surprised than hurt, since he was not expecting it to be a possible attack he would have to face (obviously, since it was just introduced some chapters ago and needs a villain to showcase)

also gentle was never truly trying to harm midoriya. he wanted to stall him. in the fight he outsped deku to such a degree that he could not keep up. tapped him lightly and then left him there to save some random dude so he can escape. this was by no means gentle fighting to win. it was gentle to not getting distracted.

the only thing deku managed was to restrain gentle after he outsmarted him and his blast got a clean hit in the stomach. if anything, gentle was toying with him, let his guard down and therefore had to resort to "love"

gentles own air shots have a pretty decent range. not as much as he can propell himself but still. he sure had means to attack. even then, todoroki can not spam his big AOE all the time whereas gentle can spam his shit without breaks.

in regards to midoriyas air shots - gentle even tanked one of it straight to the back and was more surprised than hurt, since he was not expecting it to be a possible attack he would have to face (obviously, since it was just introduced some chapters ago and needs a villain to showcase)

also gentle was never truly trying to harm midoriya. he wanted to stall him. in the fight he outsped deku to such a degree that he could not keep up. tapped him lightly and then left him there to save some random dude so he can escape. this was by no means gentle fighting to win. it was gentle to not getting distracted.

the only thing deku managed was to restrain gentle after he outsmarted him and his blast got a clean hit in the stomach. if anything, gentle was toying with him, let his guard down and therefore had to resort to "love"
    Gentle has air shots?

So basically you're twisting Gentle running away and still being defeated into him somehow being stronger than what was shown...I don't know how else to respond to this. It's just obvious wanking. There's absolutely nothing to suggest Gentle was holding back at all, that's why he NEEDED La Brava's help in the first place. He's not some low key beast or anything, he's a struggling and aspiring villain.

Deku can beat him in base, Bakugo can beat him in base, Todoroki can beat him in base.

Besides Gentle has almost nothing in the way of offense, so how do you think he can take him down?

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    Feel like Todoroki could cockblock him with an ice(((berg)))

Lol at Deku defeating gentle without the boost. Gentle literally only tried to evade Deku and got tagged. There were a myriad of lethal ways gentle could've used his quirk using those metal beams but chose not to.

Even now he's using force without causing lasting damage ie. Smashing deku's head in as soon as he hit the ground instead of trying to intimidate him. Deku flat out agreed that gentle was "stronger."

This match would be more akin to stain when he outmaneuvered Todoroki given gentles quirk allowing for a sick amount of versatility, and unpredictability.
    Last edited by Rasendori; 04-14-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Gentle has air shots?

So basically you're twisting Gentle running away and still being defeated into him somehow being stronger than what was shown...I don't know how else to respond to this. It's just obvious wanking. There's absolutely nothing to suggest Gentle was holding back at all, that's why he NEEDED La Brava's help in the first place. He's not some low key beast or anything, he's a struggling and aspiring villain.

Deku can beat him in base, Bakugo can beat him in base, Todoroki can beat him in base.

Besides Gentle has almost nothing in the way of offense, so how do you think he can take him down?
    you think someone who is stronger than another person can by no means be defeated? of course he can, i admit he was outsmart. that does not mean deku is his superior. gentle was not once landing a physical blow over the course of the entire fight. he was merely attempting to get the fuck away from the get go. he had his back turned to deku for the majority of the entire fleeing attempt. when deku attempted to confront him from the front he got blown away like it was nothing - by base gentle.

you think someone who is stronger than another person can by no means be defeated? of course he can, i admit he was outsmart. that does not mean deku is his superior. gentle was not once landing a physical blow over the course of the entire fight. he was merely attempting to get the fuck away from the get go. he had his back turned to deku for the majority of the entire fleeing attempt. when deku attempted to confront him from the front he got blown away like it was nothing - by base gentle.

He did attack Deku, it basically did nothing.

Deku got rebounded by the force of his own attack in the initial confrontation - because that's what Gentle's ability does. But he was pretty fine. Todoroki will suffer even less from having his own attacks rebounded. Especially since Gentle could only partially rebound his big AoE attacks I guess.

He did attack Deku, it basically did nothing.

Deku got rebounded by the force of his own attack in the initial confrontation - because that's what Gentle's ability does. But he was pretty fine. Todoroki will suffer even less from having his own attacks rebounded. Especially since Gentle could only partially rebound his big AoE attacks I guess.
    i was refering to this scene when i wrote this

he outsped deku to such a degree that he could not keep up. tapped him lightly and then left him there to save some random dude so he can escape. this was by no means gentle fighting to win. it was gentle to not getting distracted.
    -

anyway we are not really going to agree here i think, so i propose to agree to disagree, since its not a crucial matter on which depends tierings, scalings etc.

We'll see how well gentle does at the cultural fest

Gentle is struggling with Midorama right now, so I can see Todoroki.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Changing my stance - Todoroki clearly wins both scenarios