• 4/5

1 12.50%
  • 5/5

7 87.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    Don't cry anymore La Brava

Gentle is just too good
    Last edited by Wi S. Kennedeh; 04-13-2018 at 09:14 PM.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Not sure if I feel that backstory really helps him.

Gentle

I'm really loving this fight. The choreography is solid, and it's a great example of creating an engaging conflict without the need for life-or-death stakes imo.

I think Gentle is right up there with Stain in terms of villain quality, at least for me. The added details to his backstory really help to flesh out his character, especially the bit where he tried to play hero and got punished for it, a direct contrast to what happened to Midoriya in chapter 1.

Backstory provides amazing justification and stakes. Really well done chapter.

Also somehow feels like another improvement on the evolution of a series inspired by Naruto, but heavily improving upon it. Talk no jutsu will not work.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Gentle is probably my favorite antagonist so far tbh. Also, this is likely one of the five or so best choreographed fights in the series up to this point

Liked how his backstory was more relatable & realistic than most. Instead of the usual Shonen muh family died trope, it was something else for once, nice choice on Hori's part

Gentle is becoming one of my favs.
    Last edited by Neko; 04-13-2018 at 07:17 PM.

I love the choreography in this chapter. It's so refreshing to see both protagonist and antagonist actually use their heads in combat, instead of typical brawl. I'm not sure if Gentle's backstory was necessary, but it great nonetheless. As some people said, Gentle is becoming (or already has became) the best antagonist in the series. Also, I'm a big fan of that parallell between Deku and Gentle. Both had to work hard because they couldn't properly control their powers.

5/5

Fantastic chapter

amazing chapter.

gentle is a present which doesnt stop giving.

great execution and art too.

5/5

I honesty feel like I'm just a broken record at this point but fuck

Gentle is just that good

this is so good. love it when chapters makes me want to reread them

I loved Gentle's back story and for a second there, I was like, "am I reading about a good guy here?". Can't wait to see more.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Gentle's flashback did not really make me feel bad for him. Wish the author elaborated a bit more on his family life, were his parents shunned because of Gentle accidentally causing the hero to fail saving the man or? They had several papers on the table so I got the view that they were struggling with money, perhaps because of Gentle's school? Someone sabotaged their walls as well.

Aside from that, the fight keeps being well done and entertaining, both Midoriya and Gentle are legit angry in the last page. Thankfully next week is not golden week, so we should be seeing the climax in the next issue.

Wonder how old Gentle is now, compared to his 18/22 year old self, he has definitely mastered his quirk. He would have no trouble becoming a pro-hero with his current skills if he got the chance.
    Last edited by Salem; 04-13-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Gentle comes off as incredibly selfish here for sure. Interesting that he failed so much earlier and is still small-time when he's this powerful and resourceful. Midoriya isn't a pro, certainly, but he's also not someone you can just treat lightly either. Really pulling for Midoriya here.

That said, I could see Gentle becoming an ally later on. He seems like the type who would maintain a healthy respect for Midoriya. Or....this could turn him quite dark as his last chance to become famous is squashed by some kid who has been succeeding where he failed years ago.

But yeah, it's good that this isn't a life or death thing. Not everything has to have the fate of the world as its stakes.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

the only thing I found weird is that even now Gentle is resorting to this when he's just this... strong.

I'm going to be pretty miffed if Gentle gets captured at the end of this. He's the perfect kind of villain to get away and redeem himself later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the only thing I found weird is that even now Gentle is resorting to this when he's just this... strong.
    I don't think I'd say that he's THAT strong. Even with La Brava powering him up, he's struggling to deal with a first year hero student (admittedly a particularly powerful student, but still). He'd probably get stomped by a non-nobody pro hero, and since he's heavily opposed to violent crime, there's probably not much else he can do besides trying to pull this kind of stunt.

This fight is getting good more and more

His backstory was also done really nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    im still positive that gentle is by no means going all out

i think he will have a time to shine when something actual bad happens and he has to decide between being an actual criminal instead of a mere vigilante and someone who saves people in times of danger

full power gentle when

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    I'm going to be pretty miffed if Gentle gets captured at the end of this. He's the perfect kind of villain to get away and redeem himself later down the line.

I don't think I'd say that he's THAT strong. Even with La Brava powering him up, he's struggling to deal with a first year hero student (admittedly a particularly powerful student, but still). He'd probably get stomped by a non-nobody pro hero, and since he's heavily opposed to violent crime, there's probably not much else he can do besides trying to pull this kind of stunt.
    He sort of is. He is holding back. Unlike a villain he isn't doing stuff that can potentially cause lasting damage.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!