4 16.00%
  • 3/5

8 32.00%
  • 4/5

8 32.00%
  • 5/5

3 12.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I didn't think this chapter was THAT bad, I'm just disappointed that Jinbe is still not joining the SH.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Great chapter

Jinbei

best chapter in a while, but is this really the end? it looks like it's gonna continue

It's not that the chapter is bad it's that it's more forced Drama that filled the first 3 post-skip arcs. Wasn't that much development with Jinbe and definitely not the NFP this arc but now we're supposed to get hype for them sacrificing themselves for their future king??

Then of course the cake was supposed to be the arc's major climax point but it doesn't seemed to have served any purpose beyond a fake-out Sunny death.
    Last edited by Dayum; 04-14-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then of course the cake was supposed to be the arc's major climax point but it doesn't seemed to have served any purpose beyond a fake-out Sunny death.
    I'm really miffed that we spent so much time on the cake plot only for Big Mom to be back to chase the straw hats. It did nothing to stop her.

And now we are probably going to get another oh so exciting chase situation between BM and the straw hats.

Wadatsumi saving the Strawhats and Oven continuing to prove himself useful was the best part here. but yeah the build up for the cake was bs

I'm kind of forgetting now...why did Sanji make the cake for Big Mom anyway?

if he didn't, Big Mom would likely fucked herself over hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Huo Yuhao View Post
    I'm kind of forgetting now...why did Sanji make the cake for Big Mom anyway?

if he didn't, Big Mom would likely fucked herself over hard.
    He thought it would stun her down so she would stop chasing after them.

But yonko gonna be yonko i guess.

Sanji gambled everything on this cake, the fact it did absolutely nothing is possibly the biggest failures of his career, especially since he refused to let Capone poison it because he claimed the cake was so delicious there would be no need.

It wasn't a bad chapter, but the lack of tension is killing me. I was pretty hyped up when the Strawhats' ship was destroyed in the last chapter, but someone had to save them. It's rather obvious that they're going to safely escape from the Whole Cake Island, but I'm still disappointed. Oda should've ended this arc on this, or the next chapter. What was the point of making a cake for Big Mom just so she can chase after the Strawhats anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Sanji gambled everything on this cake, the fact it did absolutely nothing is possibly the biggest failures of his career, especially since he refused to let Capone poison it because he claimed the cake was so delicious there would be no need.
    I remember how hype i was for "the year of Sanji"

Well look how that went.
    Last edited by Neko; 04-13-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Another case of Sanji being useless
    His cake didn't do shit.

Oven is actually compotent.

I really like that Jinbei turned back to his crew. It's really weird and off-putting to me that the entire Sun Pirates crew are willing to die.....just so Jinbei can join the Straw Hats. It left a bad taste in my mouth but Jinbei turning around to help them makes that much better. That said, Jinbei really should die....but I feel that there really isn't anything building to it. This is the second time that he has left the crew before even officially joining it. I never really cared but him joinging up a third time just seems like another storyline point that is being dragged out. If Big Mom actually kills him, that'd be nice.

The Sun Pirates holding off the entirety of Big Mom's fleet is....hmm. On one hand, this is the first time we've seen Fishmen and Mermen that are worth their salt using the full power of the ocean to fight and we know Jinbei alone is quite powerful. On the other hand, it's one crew vs the might of a Yonkou so yeah.

Anyway. Not a terrible chapter by any stretch. Just a chapter.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

The cake was never meant to defeat BM lol

They needed a new cake to stop her rampage and destroying WCI in the process, so pudding asked sanji a favor, BM was chasing the sunny because peros said they had it and the only reason the sunny could escape BM and go rescue Luffy was that they made it, otherwise they would have been crushed by giant prometheus.

So yes, with no cake they would be already dead

You can count on Jinbei dying, Pacifista.. it's quite obvious, actually.

Put the connections together-- Don't die, Jinbei! Even if it kills you.
    - He's going to die, okay. Big Mom is killing everybody there (probably). I know Jinbei's fucking dead for sure. Wanna know how I know? It's simple-- there is a certain pattern of logic to follow here.

1. Nobody leaves Big Mom's crew; if they leave they are killed (and she takes their soul and puts it into a homie). Therefore, nobody actually ever leaves her crew (she wants to keep their abilities).

2. Jinbei is a Fishman, and Fishmen have the Voice of the Sea-- something other races don't have; what does Big Mom like about her family? She wants a Kingdom where everyone can live happily together, her dream (but this is just a plot device to let her be a big ability boosted whore dog).

3. Jinbei IS a Straw Hat, and will remain a Straw Hat even in death.

4. Big Mom said she would take Luffy's soul and put it into a homie. She's not getting Luffy-- she's getting Jinbei.

5. Even tho Jinbei is going to die-- he is going to resist her command as a homie because of his Strong Will and connection with Luffy.

6. Big Mom can create candy seas-- and using Jinbei, she will then be able to manipulate the vibrations inside it; the current. This is going to allow her to do crazy, crazy things. Because if she can turn the sea into any candy she wants and shape it into any way she wants... well... shit, bitch...
    Last edited by Mcguint; 04-14-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Okay, turning the damn sea into candy and then doing stuff with it might be me thinking the bitch's soul is too damn powerful.

She's fucked up, bro. When she gets mad, things go weird. The shit that chick can do with all of her kids abilities, her own soul, her homies, and especially where it concerns her Sovereign Haki. That cunt stirs up storms, not just figuratively either.

One thing that's for sure about this-- Jinbei's dead. If he ain't dead, a piece of his soul is getting put into a homie. But, I don't see him making it out of that after what he pulled.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanna take a guess at what kind of homie he's going to be?
    - She's gonna stick him into something. But, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... and, I forgot. Take a good look at that dude's last panel and then pour a shot out for our dead homie.
    - Dat fish fry...

If you're a bastard, you might think everyone's gonna make it out alive because Jinbei told them they should make sure they do since he's there.

But, how about this? Everyone but him makes it out alive-- because he's their Captain, and the Captain usually does that thing where he lets everyone leave while he holds the enemy at bay.
    - Even though I really don't see that happening since they're all pretty committed to an uphill battle at this point. WHO is going to save them, after they saved the damn Straw Hats. At some point, someone's getting caught. I don't care what anyone says. Jinbei ain't that damn lucky, either-- he isn't like Luffy who is assumed to get saved by, "something" at some point or another whenever he gets the beat-down.

Unless, for some God forsaken reason, Oda decides he needs Jinbei to survive this along with the whatever pirates.. and uses their stupid ocean current stuff to pull their asses out of the fire one final time.. Jinbei is dead and the rest of them are doomed. Doomed!

Here's another thing-- before they left, they had a big discussion about it. And, one of the things they said was-- some of you mf's can stay behind if you're too scared go to fucking CHURCH. So, they did. But, they also said-- it's good they are because we need somebody to tell our shit ass stories (once we fucking dead, that is).

- - - Updated - - -

I swear, word for word. That's what they said!
    Last edited by Mcguint; 04-14-2018 at 10:45 AM.

that was shit

i just hope we see no more of big meme

Well, don't count on them showing you what's about to go down with those dudes.
    - It's gonna be so brutal, they ain't even gonna air that shit on that news-- Big Bird peace'd out, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank Sinatra View Post
    Yea moscato coming back isn't a big deal(some OP Characters have unnatural lifespans), now if Pedro comes back then it really is fuck all.
    Oda :" you underestimate my power..."

Pedro alive on next chapter ftw....