Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 2,341 to 2,354 of 2354
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was at the part where kagura was learning my gender, you deleted it at the best part

There was nothing much to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Swagzini View Post
    I will be honest with you while being as gentle with you as I possibly can.

This game...did not leave a favorable impression upon me of TMF mafia. And I know I am speaking for others who may or may not be particularly demotivated from playing further games based on this game.

Half the players I question what their actual intent is of 'playing' a mafia game, because a great deal of them didn't.

The least egregious of this game's faults was the balance. I'm not too sure without getting a look at the full role list from a bird's eye view, but I think mafia was probably a bit strong. If Town is successful on half the lynches without there being any real vigilante misfires, that seems a bit overwhelming.

I was terribly unimpressed with your punctuality. You have excused yourself now because of finals week and I can empathize with that, but when a host is inconsistent with their start/end times it not only ruins your credibility, but it warps the game itself. What if Town/Mafia are favored by getting an unannounced extension? I understand that life gets in the way, and this is not too infrequent an occurrence for hosts, but with you it was a constant issue. You probably shouldn't have hosted considering the timetables you were working with. Absolute biggest turn-off for me, personally - and I was dead and merely spectating the game during the second half.

Though I should have considered that to be the case considering you had seemed to procrastinate the game start itself.

Anyways, I'm not going to quantify this experience for me on a scale from one-to-ten, because I didn't intend to come in here and be patronizingly savage, but I really hope this is not an accurate reflection of not just your hosting, but the standard for the community itself.
    -The Great Swagzini
    I don't think it was unbalanced. Scum team essentially had warp, bulletproof, role cop, godfather (with no fucking cop), a vote steal, and whatever the hell Juan was (still don't know). I think the main issue is that, like in most games on TMF, we just have guys signing up when they don't even give a shit about the game that really dampens things for her players. Me and Ultra have been trying hard (especially Ultra) to make this section better and to provide quality games and overall just a fun time for people. This wasn't a great game, but that's okay, we're still working on this section and I do implore you to give it another try when you're ready.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Anyway, now I've been able to set the frustration of losing aside, congrats to the Mafia for winning.

To respond to your post, Ultra:

I have to echo Swagzini's sentiments. I think, in general, I'm extremely averse to lynchproof scum in any fashion, because it has significantly more impact later in the game and effectively can give the Mafia the ability to win a Day early. It's my personal belief that lynchproof should be reserved for very specific setups that require survivability for the Mafia, and I don't think this was one.

More importantly, I think the Independents were poor implementations here. Now, this is just me, but I see Indies as things to include when you need to balance out factions. Like, for example, if a Mafia team is strongish against a strong town, but numbers wise a little low, you include an Indie to give the a little more swing room late in the game. Here, they were just included, I felt, for the sake of being included. This isn't all your fault, @Ultra; - the players who had the role played quite poorly I think, but I don't think the game was enhanced by their presence.

And I think Swagzini actually nailed what he said regarding the impression of the community from this. Because, truth be told, with the game over and really throughout I'm not sure I want to play another game here. That's why I asked to be a sub in the other one. My impression of the community I can't say has been great on the basis of this game. It's not just the "Gay"'s of the community, there were a number of players that I feel intentionally played suboptimally, either because they couldn't be bothered playing or desperately want to be a troll. As a whole, I didn't enjoy the game as an experience. And before anyone comes back with "oh, you're just bitter you lost" - I've lost nearly 50% of my town games. I've lost plenty of games. It's not winning or losing, it's the experience of playing, and this wasn't a positive one. Part of this may have been on the hosting side of things, were I felt you really needed a co-host going into the game to run things when you cannot, but that wasn't all there was to it. Even outside of that, it felt like a drag for much of the game. I'd probably be more desensitized had I been playing on this community for a while, but as it is it was an unpleasant experience.

I've read X's post above, to give it another try, and I sympathise with his efforts and your's, Ultra, to improve the community, because I've been in your very situation many times on other communities, but you know, I only have a finite amount of effort and time to dedicate to Mafia. And in general, I struggle these days to play without being burned out quickly. That's why I pick and choose my games a lot more than I did even 2 or 3 years ago.

So you know, I don't know. I wish you guys the best of luck with it, but I can't see myself playing here again. Maybe I'll give it another shot once I've had time to put this one to bed but eh.

Thanks for the game, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Anyway, now I've been able to set the frustration of losing aside, congrats to the Mafia for winning.

To respond to your post, Ultra:

I have to echo Swagzini's sentiments. I think, in general, I'm extremely averse to lynchproof scum in any fashion, because it has significantly more impact later in the game and effectively can give the Mafia the ability to win a Day early. It's my personal belief that lynchproof should be reserved for very specific setups that require survivability for the Mafia, and I don't think this was one.

More importantly, I think the Independents were poor implementations here. Now, this is just me, but I see Indies as things to include when you need to balance out factions. Like, for example, if a Mafia team is strongish against a strong town, but numbers wise a little low, you include an Indie to give the a little more swing room late in the game. Here, they were just included, I felt, for the sake of being included. This isn't all your fault, @Ultra; - the players who had the role played quite poorly I think, but I don't think the game was enhanced by their presence.

And I think Swagzini actually nailed what he said regarding the impression of the community from this. Because, truth be told, with the game over and really throughout I'm not sure I want to play another game here. That's why I asked to be a sub in the other one. My impression of the community I can't say has been great on the basis of this game. It's not just the "Gay"'s of the community, there were a number of players that I feel intentionally played suboptimally, either because they couldn't be bothered playing or desperately want to be a troll. As a whole, I didn't enjoy the game as an experience. And before anyone comes back with "oh, you're just bitter you lost" - I've lost nearly 50% of my town games. I've lost plenty of games. It's not winning or losing, it's the experience of playing, and this wasn't a positive one. Part of this may have been on the hosting side of things, were I felt you really needed a co-host going into the game to run things when you cannot, but that wasn't all there was to it. Even outside of that, it felt like a drag for much of the game. I'd probably be more desensitized had I been playing on this community for a while, but as it is it was an unpleasant experience.

I've read X's post above, to give it another try, and I sympathise with his efforts and your's, Ultra, to improve the community, because I've been in your very situation many times on other communities, but you know, I only have a finite amount of effort and time to dedicate to Mafia. And in general, I struggle these days to play without being burned out quickly. That's why I pick and choose my games a lot more than I did even 2 or 3 years ago.

So you know, I don't know. I wish you guys the best of luck with it, but I can't see myself playing here again. Maybe I'll give it another shot once I've had time to put this one to bed but eh.

Thanks for the game, anyway.
    I'll post the abilities later, but the lynchproof was very conditional. It was a one shot ability that allowed X to commute everyone voting for him. It is essentially a +1, but considering the number balance (4 mafia vs 12 town + 2 town aligned indis) I did not thing this was a big transgression balance wise.

The indis were implemented for balance - against the mafia team specifically, but without having too large of an impact on the game due to their wincon and being able to leave early. I probably would have redesigned them a bit had I had a second go at it, perhaps I could have just made them town but I tried to fit the flavor as close as possible.

I understand your impression of the community. Our players have kinda lost spirit here. It was also too much to ask for 18 players, apparently. I was hoping some fresh blood would rejuvinate some of them but :/

The most I can ask is that you perhaps take a look at my past games and consider this an exception and not the rule.

A co host would be nice. It would also be nice if I didn't have to run 5 of the last 6 games just to keep this miserable place up and burn myself out when I best need to make an impression

I should go have a drink now

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    @Avito; sorry
    Np

Quote Originally Posted by Avito View Post
    Np
    I can count on Mojit to be ready for more right

You're like, born to be a temeffian shitposter

Keep the good work up, Ultra, we'll get Mafia to a good standard here eventually.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Don't worry Ultra, we'll get there.

I'll do my part, and lift some of that burden you've been carrying for all of us lately.

I do miss playing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Were you abused by voluptuous women as a child? That's the only explanation for this.

I want to host again, I will definitely help here out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I can count on Mojit to be ready for more right

You're like, born to be a temeffian shitposter
    Yes

Do not get discouraged @Ultra;. All communities go through their rocky moments. It’s apparent you genuinely care about this one so the effort put will eventually pay off. Now that your goal is to expand the mafia section, I suggest you organize the “games in line”. The calendar is out of date. It’s easier to keep track if it’s better organized. Also, update your mafia guide for newcomers that have never played mafia before. Finally, try to promote hosting and playing by giving community rewards of some kind.

You’re hitting my soft spot so if there’s anything I can do to help, I’ll gladly do so.
    Last edited by MadieV; 04-27-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I'll post the abilities later, but the lynchproof was very conditional. It was a one shot ability that allowed X to commute everyone voting for him. It is essentially a +1, but considering the number balance (4 mafia vs 12 town + 2 town aligned indis) I did not thing this was a big transgression balance wise.
    Minor point, but it wasn't that conditional. Being One-Shot is essentially a requirement on Unlynchable, and the way it commuted voters actually made it stronger than straight ending the Day in a no lynch. If, for example, I had left my vote on Kagura, and Kagura her vote on myself, and X had switched his vote to me at the last second, I would have been lynched. That means that, if used cleverly, it could actually be used to force a mislynch rather than a no lynch.

That said, I still would like to know how the Indies were meant to win, if they had to kill a Mafioso without possessing a kill.

Thanks everyone. I'll try to work on tightening up the structure of the section.

ez