Are Anyone Else Here Genwunners?

I am, but I play Gold, Silver, and Crystal too. I just can't play Ruby and Sapphire or Diamond and Pearl, let alone stuff past that.

I thought the title was a misprint and meant to be "Gee Wunners," and then saw this was not in the GSD but Indigo Plateau.

All the generations I more or less enjoy. The First Gen was pretty good, but mostly because I had never played anything like it before that. There's several mechanics I enjoy in the later gens but certain difficulties and aspects I appreciated in the first gen.

Always a genthreeer

Black and White are the best games

I like every generation. They all have their fair share of great not so great Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like every generation. They all have their fair share of great not so great Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    this, tired of people wanking the hell out of gen 1 when they had their duds as well

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Nr1 Tired Dad of TMF Featherine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    this, tired of people wanking the hell out of gen 1 when they had their duds as well
    But gen 1 is a meme at this point

yeah basically

gen1&gen2 are the only pokemon games i have fond memories of, and that i like replaying

gen3 i played, liked ruby/sapphire, didn't like firered/greenlead, anything past that has only been hit&run or only run.

No idea what that means.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    No idea what that means.
    It means the type of people who say "Oh yeah I loved the original pokemanz but the rest are trash"

I think there's some merit to it, pokemon has not gotten too much worse in quality, but the main difference between the original games and the later titles is complexity - the plots and cutscenes and all the stuff players of the original (or just adults who can't be invested in something like that) see it as fluff.

Gen 2 and 3 were the shit. Gen 4 was decent. Haven't played the rest actually.

Platinum is the best game.

First game was gen 3, so never ended up playing the original genwuns, so I can only base my assessment off of firered and leaf green. No idea how close those are to the originals tho

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    First game was gen 3, so never ended up playing the original genwuns, so I can only base my assessment off of firered and leaf green. No idea how close those are to the originals tho
    I notice that most people born after 1995 play Generation 3 first. They're decent games, I just didn't grow up with them like I did the first two Generations. That, and like Ultra said, have more detail when it comes to their plot instead of keeping it simple. Everything past Generation 4 is bad in my personal opinion though.

Fire Red and Leaf Green are very faithful to the original games, more than Heart Gold and Soul Silver are to their original games anyway.