List Of Passive Abilities

Alright, here's a list of some passive abilities people might want to use in their games if they run out of ideas. If there is anything not on the list, please feel free to mention it and we can add it.

Passive Abilities

Bomb: Kills the last player to vote for them.
    Last edited by X; 04-07-2018 at 02:38 PM.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

@Ultra; might need your help for this one.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

You can always borrow the big list of passives I dropped in the other thread. ;)

Or people can just use abilities from the wiki of weird mafia modes.

Since the "Bomb" you posted is similar to Jester, but Jester just has the ability to choose between all the people who voted for him rather than just the last one.
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

Learn Networking In A Simple Yet Enjoyable Fashion! ↓
    https://chessbrain94.wixsite.com/ifnetworkswerehuman

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or people can just use abilities from the wiki of weird mafia modes.
    Most of the various wikis are built around communities that evolve their terms over time. MafiaScum, for example, changed the definition of Mason a while back, making Masons guaranteed Town and creating Neighbor to fill the old definition. Anyone who wasn't playing before like 2010 when they made that change just assumes that it's always been Mason and Neighbor, while anyone who was playing before 2010 and isn't following the MafiaScum wiki probably won't have even heard of Neighbor.

Another symptom of this is that the various wikis are rarely in agreement with one another. Certain roles, like Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker, and Vigilante, have become ubiquitous enough that most people agree on how they work. But other roles get very disparate very quickly. One community might follow MafiaScum, another might follow Epic Mafia, and a third might follow Town of Salem. Since each of these lists is essentially a community's compilation of the terms they use, none of them agree on everything and they will invariably drift from whatever you believe a term to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master View Post
    Since the "Bomb" you posted is similar to Jester, but Jester just has the ability to choose between all the people who voted for him rather than just the last one.
    Perfect example.

The Jester you just described is the Town of Salem definition. The MafiaScum definition is close, but explicitly excludes the whole Vengeful kill deal. In fact, MafiaScum recommends giving the person that hammers the Jester a One-Shot Vigilante to reward Town somewhat for lynching non-Town. Epic Mafia, meanwhile, defines the Jester as a sort of Traitor; getting lynched means the Mafia wins, but the Jester can't communicate with the Mafia and dies if he's the last Mafioso standing.

Bomb, meanwhile, is not present in Town of Salem. Epic Mafia describes it as someone who explodes and kills whomever killed them at Night, but explicitly states a Bomb does not explode upon lynch. MafiaScum mostly agrees, but notes that some Bomb variants explode upon lynch and take the hammer vote with them. This variant definition seems to be what X was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotaretilbo View Post
    Most of the various wikis are built around communities that evolve their terms over time. MafiaScum, for example, changed the definition of Mason a while back, making Masons guaranteed Town and creating Neighbor to fill the old definition. Anyone who wasn't playing before like 2010 when they made that change just assumes that it's always been Mason and Neighbor, while anyone who was playing before 2010 and isn't following the MafiaScum wiki probably won't have even heard of Neighbor.

Another symptom of this is that the various wikis are rarely in agreement with one another. Certain roles, like Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker, and Vigilante, have become ubiquitous enough that most people agree on how they work. But other roles get very disparate very quickly. One community might follow MafiaScum, another might follow Epic Mafia, and a third might follow Town of Salem. Since each of these lists is essentially a community's compilation of the terms they use, none of them agree on everything and they will invariably drift from whatever you believe a term to mean.

Perfect example.

The Jester you just described is the Town of Salem definition. The MafiaScum definition is close, but explicitly excludes the whole Vengeful kill deal. In fact, MafiaScum recommends giving the person that hammers the Jester a One-Shot Vigilante to reward Town somewhat for lynching non-Town. Epic Mafia, meanwhile, defines the Jester as a sort of Traitor; getting lynched means the Mafia wins, but the Jester can't communicate with the Mafia and dies if he's the last Mafioso standing.

Bomb, meanwhile, is not present in Town of Salem. Epic Mafia describes it as someone who explodes and kills whomever killed them at Night, but explicitly states a Bomb does not explode upon lynch. MafiaScum mostly agrees, but notes that some Bomb variants explode upon lynch and take the hammer vote with them. This variant definition seems to be what X was using.
    Wow, nice info there... I know about each community making its own version and stuff, just never knew there was that big of a disagreement between them.

And yea I've played Town of Salem a lot which is why I used it as an example, they also changed things in the game not too long ago as well... Investigator now shows different results, Mayor got changed and a lot of other stuff... Some new roles got added too, but those are DLC exclusive >_>

Thanks for the info though, never knew some of the stuff you said there
    Stay a while, and listen!

I am the great mighty poo, and Im going to throw my shit at you.

Get over here!

The Game Master, here to create amazing games for everyone!

Learn Networking In A Simple Yet Enjoyable Fashion! ↓
    https://chessbrain94.wixsite.com/ifnetworkswerehuman

I think passives don/t really need a separate thread, or even a seperate distinction. Like, Double votes count as a passive ability. We should seperate roles into types such as investigative, killing, etc. and leave active or passive in the descrpitions