Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 101
  1. #1
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    44,555

    CyK 6 - R1: Nord vs Heart

    Factions

    Nord
    _ Riboku
    _ Ordo
    _ Seikai
    _ Kinmou
    _ Shuki & Maki
    _ Ten
    _ Jin & Tan

    vs

    Heart
    _ Gokei
    _ Gekishin
    _ Earl Shi
    _ Chousou
    _ Mougou
    _ Rinbukun
    _ Rokuomi



    Interpretation Rules

    All of these guys are meeting for the first time, so no prior experience in dealing with a certain enemy i.e. Tou knowing Reiou likes to use pincers or Ouki fighting Houken.
    In character: Characters are in character except when it severely compromises team synergy or the player's instructions, i.e. Houken wanting to challenge any strong general on his team. However, if it's their strategy/tactical quirk, like Ousen's refusal to straight up fight a competent opponent or Kanki not keeping his allies informed of his moves during battle, they keep it.
    Synergy: Characters that have canon synergy/familiarity keep it, like Hakurei and Kouyoku or Kaine and Futei.
    Elites: elites can do indipendent actions as long as they operate in their commander's battlefield. You can have Bajio's mountain warriors scouting a landmark or striking an enemy which is within Bajio's operational range, but you can't have his men detach completely and assign them to other general, or support other commanders in a completely different side of the battle. If you do it, these men will be considered "commanderless" and it'll greatly compromise their effects and efficiency.
    Knowledge: No knowledge since they are meeting for the first time.



    Points System and Voting Rules


    _ All players are in one big, unique group. At the end of the group phase, the 4 teams with the highest score will proceed to the semifinals.
    _ The winner of this match will be given 20 points. In case of draw, both teams will be given 8 points.
    _ All the players who are not involved in the battle are encouraged to vote for whoever they think is the winner, according to the strats posted and the wincon. Voting players are given 5 points right away. Non-players are welcome to vote as well. Voting is accepted only in the format [Team_A] or [Team_B], in bold. You can't vote for a draw. Votes are also only accepted if the voter provides a reason for them. And of course, the players involved in the battle can't vote.



    Map and Battle Terms

    The teams are going to face off in this map:

    The two armies are separated by a non-flat plain. None of the elevations can be called hills, but terrain is rough enough to decrease slightly mounted units' efficiency. Past the elevations, an actual flatland unfolds, ending with some isles of woods towards south-east.
    (map url: https://imgur.com/nm3lN77.jpg)

    Each army counts 150k men.
    The map's edge takes approximately 2 days of march to travel for regular armies.

    Nord is blue, Heart is red.

    Wincon: defeat your opponent's army or achieve an advantageous stalemate.



    Strategy Layout

    Each player must send the host their strat in max 2 days, following the structure:
    _ Deployment. Within the starting point's boundaries, description of your initial deployment. Troop divisions, the leaders of your sub-armies, and their position at time zero. You're strongly encouraged to use a picture or a drawing, as well as a small word description. Make absolutely sure your interlocutor understands how your army will look like at the beginning of the battle, and which ones are their first movements.
    _ General Strategy. An informal writeup of 3-4 sentences max to explain what's the main idea of your strat in a nutshell. Whatever you write here won't have value to be used in discussions, but it's helpful to view what you're trying to do before you descend into details in the instructions clauses.
    _ Instructions. This is the Bible of your strat, and anything you say here is gonna be material of discussion in the thread. Instructions are supposed to be the principal orders you give each one of your commanders as the chief of military. Your commanders will try their utmost to fulfill these orders no matter what. Anything you won't explicitly state as an indication will be entirely up to your commanders' discretion. You can give your commander in chief (if you have one) up to 3 clauses, to your generals up to 2 clauses each, and to your captains up to 1 clause each. Clauses are lexical periods that end with a full stop. Do not break the clause limit or anything you write past it won't be considered.



    Nord's battle plan:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deployment:

    Black Army:
    Rinboku (Commander in chief)
    Seikai
    Shuki and Maki
    Jin and Tan
    10 000 Zhao Cavalry
    10 000 Poison Corp
    2 000 Generic
    78 000
    Blue Army:
    Ordo
    Ten
    10 000 Mountain Bolids
    30 000

    Thrash Army (light blue):
    Kinmou
    10 000 k elite.

    General Strat:
    Ordo will take the “hills” and park in a defensive formation and pressure the enemy by attacking if they attempt to move to the field. Rinboku will take the field with the main forces, and they will be battling there. If there for some strange reason not a fight in the field they will set up a defense position, there. The Thrash Army will take the forest road and attack their behind.

    Instruction:

    Riboku:

    • Create a counter plan for enemy officer hunters involving openings, cutting their support and kill them.
    • Be ready to use the Ryooduo
    • Avoid personal confrontation with enemy.


    Ordo:

    • Don’t overextend.


    Seikai

    • Equip the Poison corp with extremely paralyzing poison that they will use cripple the enemy.
    • Order them to target areas where enemies leaders are located if they are in range.

    Kinmou

    • Die heroically destroying the enemy.
    • Cover themselves in trash to demoralize the enemy.

    Shuki & Maki

    • Use the Shuki maki attack on enemy officer using Riboku’s plan.
    • Go all out from the beginning.


    Jin & Tan

    • Gets an elevated position (strategy towers) where they can target Commanders/Leader positions.
    • Assist Make and Shuki in officer hunting if possible.


    Heart's wits at work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    General strat:

    Gokei will lead an army across the rough plains that starts off offensively but never plans on over committing. They're goal is to stall and push back whatever army comes from this direction. Gekishin and Earlshi will lead an army across the flatlands far enough attack the flank or the back of the army in the rough plains. Gekishin however will break off into the forest with 8000 of his poison dogs(also 2k poison cats) who are known for their speed and come back on to the plains to attack the flank of any army nord has on the plains, if this is not viable he'll just join back with my plains army.

    Deployment


    url: https://i.imgur.com/d3vDKkS.jpg?1

    Rough Plains:

    Gokei Commander In chief(of whole army) will lead an army facing forward towards the rough plains. 75k troops. He will more personally command 10k of these troops but can take personal command of as many as he wants since he's the commander in chief and overall leader of this 75k section of the army. He will be stationed in it's back centre

    Mougou will hold command 30k troops within the Gokei army and be stationed in it's center

    Rinbunkun will be stationed at the front and lead 35k troops

    Flatland Plains:

    Gekishin and Earlshi will lead 75k facing towards the flatlands

    Earlshi will be at the front in command of 30k troops and assumes cic of this ar my when geki isn't present

    Rokuomi will be at the front by his side with 15k troops

    Chousou will be stationed at the middle acting as the strategist for the whole army when Geki isn't present. commanding centre and back with 20k troops

    Gekishin will lead his 10k elites, but can command however many he wants as he is the true commander in chief of the flatland plain army


    Instructions:

    Gokei:

    _ Will lead his army on an offensive through the rough plains with the goal of pushing back and stalling the enemy army there

    _ He will switch to a defensive if the offense is going bad or rinbunkun falls, but in a way that still appears offensive

    _ He will strategically maneuver the whole 150k army as the battle changes and mount decisive offensives or defensives when at critical points

    Rinbunkun:

    _ He will act as the main offensive for Gokei and lead a charge across the rough plains

    _ He will not over extend or drive dangerously unless ordered to by Gokei

    Mougou:

    _ He will play offense and defense covering for the Rinbunkun army

    _ He will strategically advise Rinbunkun and Gokei relaying information to both as the center, and allowing the army to adapt

    Earl Shi:

    _ He will lead his army on an offensive through the flatlands

    _ He will attack the flank or back of the enemy army when deep enough into the flatlands

    Rokuoumi:

    _ He will aid Earl Shi's offensive with his army

    _ He will aid Earl Shi's eventual attack on the flank


    Chousou:

    _ He will strategically maneuver and create, adapt and change the plans to help Earl shi, rokuomi and the overall flatland army achieve its motive

    _ When Geki Shin is not present he will have overall control the flatland armies strategy

    Gekishin:

    _ He will take 8k of his poison dogs and 2k of his cats into the forest and than into the flatlands to attack the flank of any enemy army there after they've been engaged by the main army if viable

    _ If not viable he will reconverge with the main army early on, and in either case act as the commander in chief and strategist of the main flatlands army leading from the front center.



    the Battle's Corner
    Last edited by Crispickle; 04-08-2018 at 07:30 AM.


  2. #2
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9,846
    Give me my elite troop numbers.


    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  3. #3
    Teacher's Pet Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    54,068
    I like the map, I think it gives Nord a pretty good advantage

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  4. #4
    Heart will have a field day in the flatland, but throwing away the mountain might prove disastrous if Jin, Tan, and Seikai camp there and start raining (poison) arrows and snipes

  5. #5
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    44,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me my elite troop numbers.
    well you know it

    riboku has 10k zhao cavalry elites, ordo has 10k mountain bolids, seikai has 10k of poison corps, kinmou has 10k generic elites, ten nothing, jin&tan nothing and shuki&maki, idk, were they 1k men commanders? 2k summing the both of them.


  6. #6
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,763
    Oh shit nord was forreal1

  7. #7
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and shuki&maki, idk, were they 1k men commanders? 2k summing the both of them.
    they were both generals, actually
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

  8. #8
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,763
    They were both fodder actually

  9. #9
    The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    9,846
    How many people will be able to pass the rough area at the time. Would it be packed at 50 000 or 200 000 troops?


    The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

  10. #10
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    44,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they were both generals, actually
    haven't seen it in the chapters though

    i went back to read but i didn't see any reference to their rank, but given the microbic size of their units i'd exclude they're generals.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many people will be able to pass the rough area at the time. Would it be packed at 50 000 or 200 000 troops?
    it's not exactly narrow

    i suppose it starts becoming crowded with 150k-200k men


  11. #11
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Tokio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haven't seen it in the chapters though

    i went back to read but i didn't see any reference to their rank, but given the microbic size of their units i'd exclude they're generals.
    トキオ Love.$ex.Dreams

  12. #12
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    44,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they were called the hunting officers or something during dakan, not hunting generals, and their units were tiny.

    besides, it's bihei telling the tale here. Also if this was accurate it'd make maki shin's first general head and i think it hasn't been given that kind of charge.


  13. #13
    Heart has the better squad but the terrain favors Nord. Should be interesting.

  14. #14
    Knight of Elegance Aliasniamor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,770
    2 scrubs fighting each other, how is this interesting ?

  15. #15
    This looks like a promising matchup.

  16. #16
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,763
    How does the terrain favor nord, remember that those aren't hills guys. Their rough terrain plains only status effect is slow8ng down horses.

  17. #17
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,763
    Besides I have gekishin and his poison puppies

  18. #18
    Teacher's Pet Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    54,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does the terrain favor nord, remember that those aren't hills guys. Their rough terrain plains only status effect is slow8ng down horses.
    cuz your team looks more suited for the plains while Nord's looks better suited for all of the terrain here

    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Besides I have gekishin and his poison puppies
    true, but you only have so much

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does the terrain favor nord, remember that those aren't hills guys. Their rough terrain plains only status effect is slow8ng down horses.
    That was still a mountain terrain though

  20. #20
    Knight of Romance Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,763
    Crispi literally called the rough area, plains

    They are not even hills ffs

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was still a mountain terrain though
    no they're plains

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    cuz your team looks more suited for the plains while Nord's looks better suited for all of the terrain here

    true, but you only have so much
    they're plains though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •