• 3/5

5 29.41%
  • 4/5

8 47.06%
  • 5/5

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

One Piece Chapter 898 Discussion Thread

I honestly don't remember where Germa has been this entire time.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

not bad at all. Protecting the younger brother is not a bad drama scenario. And who would've thought that the Germa are actually that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't remember where Germa has been this entire time.
    They beat up the army that followed them and tricked Mont D'or into giving them information on where the strawhats were. They've been on their way here since then.

"Even if the one to appear from the mirror was the Pirate King Gold Roger himself... he wouldn't be able to get away!!"

Reiju
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

I actually liked this a lot.

Snack reminds me of Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    "Even if the one to appear from the mirror was the Pirate King Gold Roger himself... he wouldn't be able to get away!!"
    I don't wanna hear nobody say Oda doesn't hate the Big Mum Pirates. He fucking hates them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    These outrageous remarks have been made throughout the series and the fact that it's been said has 0 indications that it's actually true. I don't know why you've stuck with this.

Nice to see the Germa finally do something this arc.

The German are stronger than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Haki-User View Post
    The German are stronger than I expected.
    Indeed. But then again the matchups they were given in the wedding weren't very fair to begin with so they couldn't show off their full strength.

2nd worst chapter of the arc.

I think its now pretty apparent that theres a sizeable gap between sanji and luffy/zoro, because so far hes been underperforming and getting outshined by his peers at every turn

What a disappointment this arc has been

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    I think its now pretty apparent that theres a sizeable gap between sanji and luffy/zoro, because so far hes been underperforming and getting outshined by his peers at every turn
    No, not at all.

Sanji's one and only objective was to get away while carrying the unconscious Luffy; staying and fighting the swamp of enemies won't be bringing any good. He'd actually be the best SH member to execute this task.

Yeah, Sanji's portrayal was really bad this chapter. I mean, he's been racking up L's since the start of the timeskip and especially since the start of this arc, but this chapter in particular... the Vinsmokes were literally taking turns bailing his ass out of trouble.

It would be one thing if they were all struggling here against what was hyped to be overwhelming odds, but the Vinsmokes all look like kids in a candy store while Sanji looks like a defenseless child, even getting called a slowpoke when his speed was one of the few things left he had going for him.

Nichiji stuntin on Sanji was definitely Oda nerfing him on purpose. We know Sanji could move way faster than him even with a fat ass in his hands to the point that nobody could see him. We saw that when he kicked Oven and dipped out with Lola's sister.

Ichijis attack was really awesome

There's a gap between Luffy and Zoro due to G4 (until we see the full extent of Zoro's strength. Honestly I do believe that Zoro is extremely close to Luffy's strength at this point in time) and there's another gap between Zoro and Sanji who doesn't look to have a power up incoming.

Honestly I don't mind it that way. From the getgo Sanji's dream was always as a chef (e.g. finding the All Blue) while Zoro and Luffy both have dreams correlated to becoming the very strongest.

Sanji's not going to remain a powerful character. M3's not a strict thing anymore especially as other characters who also stand rivals in Luffy's progression must enter the limelight to deliver their dose of relevance.

> big news morgans after hearing brle expose katakuri's L to luffy

- - - Updated - - -

also the fact that snack hasn't shown his face yet leaves me optimistic for a sanji fight. fingers crossed at least, oda can't do him like this in his own arc.