Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Regardless if now or in my sixties

it's about how our younger self would see the things. With the limited understanding it has

its by bo means an indication whether our life's actually are disappointing

it is simply the answer to the question of the OP

I'm fairly similar to what I was like when I was younger just a bit more depressed.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

I'm pretty sure most versions of Younger Mak wouldn't be too thrilled with the results.

I had such huge ambitions as a ten year old.

So he would be disappointed at the normal life i'm living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercantilist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like how this thread makes it obvious that everyone has a disappointing life and everyone has failed dreams
    This wasn't my intention.

I'm honestly surprised with the answers. My outlook on life has changed which might cause some disagreements with my previous self, but other than that, I'm doing great and I'd be happy seeing myself get so far. Not only have I met most of my expectations, I've absolutely blasted past some and am doing things I couldn't imagine back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekochako View Post
    I had such huge ambitions as a ten year old.

So he would be disappointed at the normal life i'm living.
    pretty much this.

this thread is not about whether or not our lifes are actually disappointing or bad.

its simply a showcase how our younger selfes only think in absolutes, as such viewing developments surely as dissapointing when they have not reached a certain absolute.

-

no idea why some people use that as an indicator for our lifes to actually be disappointing

He would feel good overall. There are some things that could've been done better, but I'm quite satisfied from the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    pretty much this.

this thread is not about whether or not our lifes are actually disappointing or bad.

its simply a showcase how our younger selfes only think in absolutes, as such viewing developments surely as dissapointing when they have not reached a certain absolute.

-

no idea why some people use that as an indicator for our lifes to actually be disappointing
    No one said anything about 10 year olds though. The only thing I said is younger selves, which can be anything from 2 years younger to whenever you started thinking.

Still, I've honestly gotten past the dreams I've had and I'm really grateful for that.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Not sure if we've had a thread like this before.

How would your younger versions rate you as a person? What would they think about the choices you've made concerning your education, career and life in general? Have you lived up to become a hero for your younger self or would they be disappointed with what you've become?

Discuss.
    My younger self wouldn't care.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!