1 14.29%
  • Part 7

2 28.57%
  • Part 8

0 0%

Thread: Best JoJo Part

Best JoJo Part

What's your favorite JoJo part?

Steel Ball Run is my favorite part so far. The main cast is awesome, I love the relationship between Johnny and Gyro. I couldn't imagine how a crippled teenager can get along with a badass Italian executioner.

The main reason why I love Steel Ball Run so much, is that it's way different than the previous parts. Yes, I know, a parallel universe. Damn you, Pucci. Although the story is fairly simple, I liked it quite a lot.

Also, the villains are awesome. Especially Funny Valentine and Ringo. "Welcome to the man's world", that's one of my favorite moments from the manga.

I've only read up to half of part 5. Probably part 3 with part 2 after it. Part 3, 4 and 5 feel too episodic at times but part 2 had ok villains and part 1 only had a great villain.

My favorite is part 6, although the best written is probably part 7 or 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Steel Ball Run is my favorite part so far. The main cast is awesome, I love the relationship between Johnny and Gyro. I couldn't imagine how a crippled teenager can get along with a badass Italian executioner.

The main reason why I love Steel Ball Run so much, is that it's way different than the previous parts. Yes, I know, a parallel universe. Damn you, Pucci. Although the story is fairly simple, I liked it quite a lot.

Also, the villains are awesome. Especially Funny Valentine and Ringo. "Welcome to the man's world", that's one of my favorite moments from the manga.
    This man knows what's up

part 5 has been gettin me thinking

Quote Originally Posted by WiskÓšinn View Post
    part 5 has been gettin me thinking
    I've been saying this for a long time... Golden Wind is much better than people think it is. It's just the translation and scanlation issues made them unsatisfied when reading this part. Personally I'd place it as second or third best JoJo part.

I've been saying this for a long time... Golden Wind is much better than people think it is. It's just the translation and scanlation issues made them unsatisfied when reading this part. Personally I'd place it as second or third best JoJo part.
    it's always been one of my favorites, but after a reread and now the anime it's brought some stuff into perspective
    translations were definitely annoying first time around though, also finding colored scans

only part 4 and 7 come close to it for me I think

Kazutrash - A Real Man hentaisenpai's Avatar
    Honestly from what I've read, Part 5.

Quote Originally Posted by WiskÓšinn View Post
    it's always been one of my favorites, but after a reread and now the anime it's brought some stuff into perspective
    translations were definitely annoying first time around though, also finding colored scans

only part 4 and 7 come close to it for me I think
    Definitely.

For me, it's something like this - 7>5>4>3>1>6>2. Jojolion is still ongoing, so I'm going to rate it yet. However, it'd be between part 4 and 3. There's a decent gap between the first three and last four parts. Not only in my enjoyment, but also in quality.

Part 5 has a lot of things to like, but I would never call it the best part.

1. Giorno is a bland MC with barely any character arc. When I heard that the main character of part 5 is the son of Dio I imagined someone who would have Dio's amazing charisma. But this guy was almost always overshadowed by far more interesting Bruno. Usually his only purpose is to solve the situations that other can't which makes him borderline Mary Sue. It would make more sense if Araki make him struggle with his dark side, because of his haratage, but he never wen't that way.

2. Diavolo is absolutely the worst main villain in jojo. His design is gay and his ughly ham stand so absurd that it became a meme. Barely anything about his past and motivation is properly explained. You can say his split personality is at least funny and quirky, until you realize it doesn't make sense. Why his look changes when he switches personalities? And how he got it in the first place? And why he wanted to rule the world? What is driving him?

3. Trish and Fugo and wasted characters. Trish was interesting at the beggining because of her backstory and connection to Diavolo, but it never wen't anywhere. Fugo supposedly was meant to be a traitor on the team that would join Diavolo. This would have been an amazing plot twist, but Araki didn't have the balls to go with it and instead we got him randomly leaving the team for good and never see him again.

4. The final battle is a mess. The previous parts almost always delivered in that regard. Part 3 final battle is one of the most iconic fights in all of manga with part 1 and part 4 also being very solid. This one is just all of characters chasing after the arrow, people randomly switching bodies and all of it being ended by deus ex machina Requiem Stand that solves everything in three seconds. After that we get out of place Rolling Stones story.
    Last edited by Cichy; 01-03-2019 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Part 5 has a lot of things to like, but I would never call it the best part.

1. Giorno is a bland MC with barely any character arc. When I heard that the main character of part 5 is the son of Dio I imagined someone who would have Dio's amazing charisma. But this guy was almost always overshadowed by far more interesting Bruno. Usually his only purpose is to solve the situations that other can't which makes him borderline Mary Sue. It would make more sense if Araki make him struggle with his dark side, because of his haratage, but he never wen't that way.

2. Diavolo is absolutely the worst main villain in jojo. His design is gay and his ughly ham stand so absurd that it became a meme. Barely anything about his past and motivation is properly explained. You can say his split personality is at least funny and quirky, until you realize it doesn't make sense. Why his look changes when he switches personalities? And how he got it in the first place? And why he wanted to rule the world? What is driving him?

3. Trish and Fugo and wasted characters. Trish was interesting at the beggining because of her backstory and connection to Diavolo, but it never wen't anywhere. Fugo supposedly was meant to be a traitor on the team that would join Diavolo. This would have been an amazing plot twist, but Araki didn't have the balls to go with it and instead we got him randomly leaving the team for good and never see him again.

4. The final battle is a mess. The previous parts almost always delivered in that regard. Part 3 final battle is one of the most iconic fights in all of manga with part 1 and part 4 also being very solid. This one is just all of characters chasing after the arrow, people randomly switching bodies and all of it being ended by deus ex machina Requiem Stand that solves everything in three seconds. After that we get out of place Rolling Stones story.
    It seems like your only real problem with Giorno is him not acting Dio-like despite being his son. You should remember that Dio's body is that of Jonathan's, so it's not weird that Giorno hasn't inherited anything from Dio except for hair which changed the color to blond after awakening Gold Experience. My guess is that Giorno inherited his sense of justice from Jonathan, and Dio's other childred which appeared in Stone Ocean inherited his personality traits. I don't see how you see Giorno bland. He's an exact opposite of near-emotionless Jotaro, who's only know for being a badass. While it's true that he didn't develop as a character, it's not a problem since he was a well writter character from the start. Also, the case of not having enough character development is the same with most JoJos. Him being overshadowed by Bruno just shows how well written character Bruno is.

I agree with Diavolo being the worst villain. I won't try to argue with you on that one. However, your complain about his and his Stand's design is kinda funny. I mean, complaining about gay designs in JoJo is absurd. As for King Crimson, its design is unique rather than absurd, I would say. Ignoring its look, King Crimson's power is something which something that you could call absurd, something people couldn't comprehend even after finishing the manga. Absurdity in JoJo is a good thing. At least that's how I see it. You seems to be mistaken about something. It's not that Diavolo has a split personality, it's just two souls are inhibiting Diavolo's body - Diavolo himself and Doppio. It was never explained how that happened, not even Doppio himself knew. I can't say anything about the rest of your points, however he doesn't have to have a motive. Being a leader of mafia gang isn't out of ordinary.

It was pretty much established that Trish won't play a bigger role in the story the first time she appeared. She's only a teenager girl who doesn't know anything. The point of her being with Bucciarati's team was to make Passione traitors to attack said team. As for Fugo, I couldn't agree me. However, it wasn't Araki's fault. He wasn't allowed to go with it, and had to delete this part of the story. If you're interested in this part, I'd recommend reading Purple Haze Feedback.

The last thing is probably just matter of taste. To tell you the truth, I enjoyed the final part of Golden Wind more than that or Stardust Crusaders. 1 vs 1 fight between the protagonist and final villain isn't something that has to be used in every single series. The outcome was satisfying.

Definitely.

For me, it's something like this - 7>5>4>3>1>6>2. Jojolion is still ongoing, so I'm going to rate it yet. However, it'd be between part 4 and 3. There's a decent gap between the first three and last four parts. Not only in my enjoyment, but also in quality.
    i have a similar list. i'd say the finale of part 6 was on a different level tho