Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

GP's Golden Kamuy Reading Log

I've already used up my creative juices for the day, so I don't have a more clever title for the thread.

@Void; was telling me that he thought the series was up my alley, full of manly men, and animals, and manly animals. So I'm going to give this a shot. Making sure to lay the thread down or I'd never get around to it.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Golden-Ka...rtal?id=244187

I assume this guy is the protagonist, I like the design here.

Golden Potato Reading Log?

Either way, glad you're giving it a shot. Hope you enjoy it.

I wonder if this'll be the series that MW5 spawns from

not nearly enough characters for that it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Heart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not nearly enough characters for that it seems
    How far are you nibba?

Imo there's plenty of characters for MW5

I've read the first chapter, kind of reminded of both One Piece and Toriko introductions. The main goal being a criminal's treasure hidden somewhere out there in the world, and the first threat being a big bear which made me recall Toriko starting his journey up against a giant alligator.

This one is more rooted in reality than either of the two, at least that's what it seems so far. Don't get the vibe I'll be seeing any super powered characters stem from this. I know cannibalism is a thing for hungry male bears, I think its most common for polar bears, but that little cub never had a chance.

Whats mw5?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Whats mw5?
    Millennium Wars 5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I've read the first chapter, kind of reminded of both One Piece and Toriko introductions. The main goal being a criminal's treasure hidden somewhere out there in the world, and the first threat being a big bear which made me recall Toriko starting his journey up against a giant alligator.

This one is more rooted in reality than either of the two, at least that's what it seems so far. Don't get the vibe I'll be seeing any super powered characters stem from this. I know cannibalism is a thing for hungry male bears, I think its most common for polar bears, but that little cub never had a chance.
    What would you consider "super powered" in a more reality based series?

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Millennium Wars 5

- - - Updated - - -

What would you consider "super powered" in a more reality based series?
    Something like Kingdom for example. Set in the real world during the warring states period of China, yet has characters with a degree of super strength and durability.

I'm not far enough into Golden Kamuy to be making proper judgements, but the way it's being painted the first few chapters I'm not expecting to see a character killing a bear with a karate chop.

Speaking of which I've finished chapter 3, the bear is dead and they've snagged another prisoner in their trap. I like this Asirpa girl, she knows how to handle herself.

at last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carter View Post
    I wonder if this'll be the series that MW5 spawns from
    there's a good chance if GP enjoys it, there's a good number of factions but the amount of available content (pages and panels) might be lacking

I recommend this manga highly MC, even for a guy that's been out of things like manga for awhile like you.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    at last there's a good chance if GP enjoys it, there's a good number of factions but the amount of available content (pages and panels) might be lacking

I recommend this manga highly MC, even for a guy that's been out of things like manga for awhile like you.
    You know, I actually did click the link GP posted in the OP. I think I'll try to read like the first 10 chapters, then make a reading log to keep me on point.

You know, I actually did click the link GP posted in the OP. I think I'll try to read like the first 10 chapters, then make a reading log to keep me on point.
    cool, keep us updated MC, I know you won't regret this

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    cool, keep us updated MC, I know you won't regret this
    I have a feeling this'll at least get me further than Souma did.

I have a feeling this'll at least get me further than Souma did.
    well, Souma is an acquired taste since you gotta sit through a cooking manga genre and fanservice-y stuff but this manga should be more of your cup of tea since I think it appeals to a wider demographic

Forgot to update. Read through Chapter 8

I used to pull that wobbly pencil trick on people back in the day so this panel amused me far more than it should have.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 03-12-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Damn, bear coming to the rescue with that Mortal Kombat fatality, this whole bear attack was gnarly from start to finish.

Chapter 12 had a guy throw a woman he was having sex with like a shuriken with one hand and block a sword with his forehead, so I guess there are some exceptional individuals in this series after all to put it lightly.

There's too many manly moments for me to comment on all of them, but situations like these warrant it, that was a badass moment. I'll also say I like his fighting style, it has a lot of grappling which is practical and looks dynamic.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 03-12-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Damn, bear coming to the rescue with that Mortal Kombat fatality, this whole bear attack was gnarly from start to finish.

Chapter 12 had a guy throw a woman he was having sex with like a shuriken with one hand and block a sword with his forehead, so I guess there are some exceptional individuals in this series after all to put it lightly.

There's too many manly moments for me to comment on all of them, but situations like these warrant it, that was a badass moment. I'll also say I like his fighting style, it has a lot of grappling which is practical and looks dynamic.
    When you were asking about superhuman stuff, the guy throwing the woman was that specific character I was thinking of. lol

Unfortunately your pictures won't load for me.

But I'm glad you're enjoying the series thus far.

there will be more coming

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    When you were asking about superhuman stuff, the guy throwing the woman was that specific character I was thinking of. lol

Unfortunately your pictures won't load for me.

But I'm glad you're enjoying the series thus far.
    They might work now. If not it was the bear swiping the guy's face off and Sugimoto getting stabbed through the cheek.