View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10

    3 13.04%
  • 2/10

    4 17.39%
  • 3/10

    0 0%
  • 4/10

    1 4.35%
  • 5/10

    4 17.39%
  • 6/10

    7 30.43%
  • 7/10

    2 8.70%
  • 8/10

    1 4.35%
  • 9/10

    1 4.35%
  • 10/10

    0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who said he wasn't moving at his top movement speed?? He ran into an enemy, not away and again was distracted. Sanji has never been a Z fighter in the sky or even move like CP9 members who combined Soru&Geppou to zip quickly while airborne.

    Moonwalk is not Soru or a dash. Sanji moves very fast in bursts. Zoro moves very fast in bursts. They are not Brook, Dellinger, or Hakuba with very fast movements all around.

    Here comes the tier logic when it's different kinds of speed and attributes on display here.
    You really want to stand by the position that someone like yuen can get in front of sanji






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really want to stand by the position that someone like yuen can get in front of sanji
    lmao. Yes, because it happened and nothing in the manga says he couldn't or shouldn't have happened. Your ruleset for how the manga works is all you're basing your opinion on. Presuming a brand new characters limitations is what is unbelievable, especially when they did nothing egregious. You had similar arguments for Pedro and Peros and likely others I'm forgetting too that turned out untrue.

    He did not cockblock Sanji focused on getting past him. He did not get in G2 Luffy or Kizaru's way. Even if he did legit get in a fully focused and determined Sanji's way it just means "A new challenger has appeared" ... cue Super Smash Brothers Music!
    Last edited by Dayum; 03-14-2018 at 11:35 PM.

  3. #63
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lmao. Yes, because it happened and nothing in the manga says he couldn't or shouldn't have happened. Your ruleset for how the manga works is all you're basing your opinion on. Presuming a brand new characters limitations is what is unbelievable, especially when they did nothing egregious. You had similar arguments for Pedro and Peros and likely others I'm forgetting too that turned out untrue.

    He did not cockblock Sanji focused on getting past him. He did not get in G2 Luffy or Kizaru's way. Even if he did legit get in a fully focused and determined Sanji's way it just means "A new challenger has appeared" ... cue Super Smash Brothers Music!
    What a vacuous observation. EVERYONE interprets the manga according to their own unique standards for what is and isn't reasonable.

    He kept pace with a sanji who should have been going as fast as he could have.

    What was even worse was sanji exclaiming that he and luffy were finished after hed been surrounded by nameless fodders with regular guns. I shouldn't need to talk about the absurdity of that scene. You don't even need to be a mid tier to be fast enough to evade gunfire in OP. In the case of a high tier like sanji, they shouldn't have even been able to see him just like Flambes subordinates couldn't see luffy during his fight with katakuri. Not to mention sanji has already shown that he can react to katakuris jellybean attacks while off guard.






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a vacuous observation. EVERYONE interprets the manga according to their own unique standards for what is and isn't reasonable.
    This doesn't make any sense to what I said. You're just throwing big words around. Vacuous? My point was dumb when I gave my reason? There is just no openness in your thought even when Oda left himself room.

    I'm not trying to convince you to change your opinion, I'm just wondering how long you're going to act this way? So if Cintron and Cinnamon end up putting in work what will you say? Are Yuen&Raizen weaker than Tomago and Bobbin? I'd say no but how do you know either way?? So do you still insist we know for a fact who the top 16 of BM's crew are?

    He kept pace with a sanji who should have been going as fast as he could have.
    But this did not happen. Sanji started traveling left. Yuen jumped up into his path. You're acting like Sanji was dashing forward and Yuen zipped behind him and whispered inches away into his ear. He took 2 little steps and barely moved any distance at all in the air. Sanji then turned around to look at Pekoms getting attacked, then got hit for doing that.

    What was even worse was sanji exclaiming that he and luffy were finished after hed been surrounded by nameless fodders with regular guns. I shouldn't need to talk about the absurdity of that scene. You don't even need to be a mid tier to be fast enough to evade gunfire in OP. In the case of a high tier like sanji, they shouldn't have even been able to see him just like Flambes subordinates couldn't see luffy during his fight with katakuri. Not to mention sanji has already shown that he can react to katakuris jellybean attacks while off guard.
    He's saying he was fucked because he's now on the ground surrouned by 'countless' "fodders"(actually mix of random goons&BM's kids), not just the handful. He was knocked into thousands, not 4 people shooting at him and was commenting on the entire situation since the BM pirates had the situation covered over land, sea, and air.

    What? Yeah they did, it's how they knew he dodged.

    Dodging a ranged attacked while on the ground by swaying backwards is very different than dodging a giant mace in mid-air. Oh but it was Katakuri's most casual attack so it must have been 2343x the speed of sound....I forgot.
    Last edited by Dayum; 03-15-2018 at 07:32 AM.

  5. #65
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This doesn't make any sense to what I said. You're just throwing big words around. Vacuous? My point was dumb when I gave my reason? There is just no openness in your thought even when Oda left himself room.

    I'm not trying to convince you to change your opinion, I'm just wondering how long you're going to act this way? So if Cintron and Cinnamon end up putting in work what will you say? Are Yuen&Raizen weaker than Tomago and Bobbin? I'd say no but how do you know either way?? So do you still insist we know for a fact who the top 16 of BM's crew are?



    But this did not happen. Sanji started traveling left. Yuen jumped up into his path. You're acting like Sanji was dashing forward and Yuen zipped behind him and whispered inches away into his ear. He took 2 little steps and barely moved any distance at all in the air. Sanji then turned around to look at Pekoms getting attacked, then got hit for doing that.



    He's saying he was fucked because he's now on the ground surrouned by 'countless' "fodders"(actually mix of random goons&BM's kids), not just the handful. He was knocked into thousands, not 4 people shooting at him and was commenting on the entire situation since the BM pirates had the situation covered over land, sea, and air.

    What? Yeah they did, it's how they knew he dodged.

    Dodging a ranged attacked while on the ground by swaying backwards is very different than dodging a giant mace in mid-air. Oh but it was Katakuri's most casual attack so it must have been 2343x the speed of sound....I forgot.
    You clearly didn't understand what I meant. EVERYONE has their own unique "ruleset" that they use to interpret and make sense of things, so saying that I'm relying on my own to reach the conclusions I did means nothing.

    Shitty writing. Honestly, a sanji moving at top speed through the air (like he should have been under the circumstances) would leave all those guys in the dust.

    Once again, if this were any other mid high tier whose primarily a speed/mobility based fighter, theyd be out of there before any of BMs forces had even blinked.






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  6. #66
    I don't see Sanji getting batted out of the sky as a big deal. I think it's good to have something lend more credence to Big Mom Pirate's power, if Sanji had just slipped through their fingers or started overwhelming them then the crew would be humiliated beyond redemption.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •