Episode 7 complete

Someone better pick up that phone

Because I called it

Motherfucker they're the same person?!?

That's so bullshit, there had to be times when the kids saw them together

Been waiting for that for 8 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I failed big time at deducing how the culprit committed the murders. It was mostly due to one simple factor:

I assumed the family deep down was good people.
    Well, I'm sure they are good people in a different fragment.

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    So Battler's sin was that he made some vague promise to Shannon and didn't follow through on it?

When he was 12?
    Yes, that's Battler's sin. Although it sounds like nothing but a childish promise, it was much more important to Shannon than Battler.

Quote Originally Posted by Genbu View Post
    I genuinely think Umineko is one of the best weeb stories out there

but sometimes...some-fucking-times, it is so, soooo stupid. This is one of those times. The love aspect was poorly done, which is why most people are disappointed post episode 5. The idea is that Rokkenjima was sitting a metaphorical and literal bomb. Literal being the explosives. Metaphorical being the compilation of all their sins (mainly the shitty adults) exploding in the form of Shannon losing his/her mind thanks to Battler's sin...which realistically was fucking nothing. His mom died, his father cheated on her in the meanwhile and got remarried. Battler was 12 at the time, which makes Shannon's hatred look silly and unwarranted where he's concerned.

At least now you know why Battler was a dick to Chick Beato in EP6. He didn't want to turn out like Kinzo.
    Uhm, it's not like Yasu decided to kill everyone on Rokkenjima just becauce Battler didn't fulfill his promise to 'her'. Yes, it was an important factor, but it's not just that. Yasu's life have been trash since the moment she was born. Her genitalia were mutilated during the cliff accident, which made her unable to make love to her loved ones. Not knowing who she actually is, she grew a gender identity issues. The fact that she had a horrible body and even fellow servants made fun of her made her depressed to the point where she had to create imaginary friends. Despite all those horrible things which happened to her, she began to feel happiness by the time she spend with Battler. That was the happiest period of her life. A childish promise which didn't matter much to Battler back then was something very important to Yasu. Therefore, the moment Battler broke the promise, he also destroyed the last piece of hope of Yasu having a decent life. And that's exactly what caused Yasu to completely break down.

Episode 7 complete

Someone better pick up that phone

Because I called it
    Technically you were right, but you just correctly guessed a 'culprit', which is a small part of the truth, so...

Motherfucker they're the same person?!?

That's so bullshit, there had to be times when the kids saw them together
    There were many hints, and I was hoping you would notice that. For example, Kanon and Shannon's trail. They had to fight each other, as 'both of them' couldn't exist at the same time.

It doesn't matter if the kids saw them together to be honset. Remember, what's most important is detective's perspective, as he's the one trying to find the truth. When Battler (episode 1-4), Erika (episode 5-6) and Willard (episode 7) were detectives, they have never seen Kanon and Shannon together. Do you remember Willard's talk with Shannon at the beginning of episode 7?

Been waiting for that for 8 episodes
    Hm? Do you hate Bern that much? Well, I was waiting for that as well, so I shouldn't be saying anything.

Make sure to write a review or something when you finish the series, so we can talk about things we haven't discussed yet. If you still haven't figured out some things, feel free to ask me. I'll try to answer.

Man, it's such a shame you weren't able to solve Bern's game by yourself. You actually had to do that in the visual novel.

Don't you take away from my achievement Jorm, the whodunnit is the most important part

Yeah I'm a lot more satisfied with the whydunnit now that it's been fully revealed. It's just that in E7 they made it seem like it was just about the promise lol.

I don't especially hate Bern, but she has been this untouchable figure since E1 so it was nice to see her get taken down a peg. And yeah I enjoyed the 'pure mystery' she set up for Battler, I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out myself.

I'll definitely give my thoughts on each episode once I've had time to think it through.

Just curious, when did you figure out the culprit? (if you ever did )

Don't you take away from my achievement Jorm, the whodunnit is the most important part

Yeah I'm a lot more satisfied with the whydunnit now that it's been fully revealed. It's just that in E7 they made it seem like it was just about the promise lol.

I don't especially hate Bern, but she has been this untouchable figure since E1 so it was nice to see her get taken down a peg. And yeah I enjoyed the 'pure mystery' she set up for Battler, I probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out myself.

I'll definitely give my thoughts on each episode once I've had time to think it through.

Just curious, when did you figure out the culprit? (if you ever did )
    I feel like Willard wouldn't like to hear what you just said, lol. Well, well, let's say you did alright. On a serious note, you're right. You correctly guessed the culprit, and that's the most important part.

Yeah. As far as I remember, the manga added some additional Yasu's moments in episode 8. Her actual appearance, backstory, how she created the game and so on. As for Requiem of the Golden Witch, the Tea Party was dope. The truth sealed within the cat box, Bernkastel messing with Lion, Willard being badass as always, etc.

I have to agree with that. She's not on the level of Auaurora, but it was really enjoyable to see her getting beaten up by Battler despite her being far higher being than both him and Beatrice. Nah, I'm sure you'd be able to figure it out. It took me about an hour or so.

Sure, there are some awesome scenes you haven't given your thoughts on yet, so I'm looking forward to it. ;)

I had a vague idea in episode 3, but some puzzles were missing. Then I had my own theory in episode 5, which turned out to be right. The next episode gave me some important informations and I was almost certain about it, and the next one after that did confirm it.