Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What, that there's only 17 people? Do the servants not count as people because they're furniture?

Fuck I wanna figure this out so badly
    Gohda is the witch.

Accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, reminder that no matter how cool EP6 Beato was. The real one still died back in EP5 and Battler is incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    I'm not sure. As far as I remember, Featherine said that a few hundred years is nothing more than a blink of eye or an afternoon nap for her. The thing is, the Umineko tale is endless, so the time is irrelevant to them.

Also, Bernkastel said that Ange's (Battler's sister) face of despair would continue to make her laugh for more than 100 years, but I have no idea if that counts.

Alright, make sure to share your thoughts from time to time. I don't think you've asked. I like every single episode for different reasons, but if I'd have to rate them in terms of quality, then my favorite would be either episode 7 or 8. As for favorite artystyle, it's either 7 and 8. The only artstyle I'm not a big fan of is from part 2, but it's not bad by any means.
    Just thought it would be kinda weird for Battler to fall in love with someone after only spending what "felt" like a few hours with them. Not really a big deal either way I guess. Obviously there could be more to it since my knowledge of it all is extremely limited.

That 7 & 8 hype. Will have to remember to look forward to those two. Will post some stuff after I'm done reading the next couple chapters in an hour or so

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    By the time you realize it, you'll say "wait, so that's why it is like that"

Anyway eps 7 of manga explicitly said the answer. And a very big hint (kinda) at quite the beginning. So it's time to sit back and rethink if you want to deduce the answers yourself
    About that big hint, are you talking about Will's talk with Shannon or Lion's appearance? I don't remember any hints at the beginning besides those two.

Do you remember any outstanding moments in the episode seven? As far as I know, everything in the manga is pretty much the same as in the visual novel. Aside from the 'funeral', that is. However...

I feel like that's something Dofla has to decide by himself, whether to watch that of part the visual novel and assume the meaning of Will's words or read the manga and get a straight answer of what actually happened in on Rokkenjima on that day. I'd love him to have the best possible experience with Umineko, but I'd rather not to force himself to do something he doesn't want. Well, it's better to just ask him.

That's actually an interesting idea.. We know at the very least that Battler should be able to solve the room logic error from the method used anyway
    Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Battler reached the truth behind Beato's game, so he can't be trapped in the logic error. Well, there's still a thing with the windows not being sealed, but if Beatrice came up with an idea of Kanon saving Battler, he should come up with that as well. Also, his quote from the episode 8 - "I'm the man who loses the battler to win the war", something along those lines. It's definitely not quote on quote.

By the way, you should check out this video. This is gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Genbu View Post
    Gohda is the witch.

Accept it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, reminder that no matter how cool EP6 Beato was. The real one still died back in EP5 and Battler is incompetent.
    Wrong.

Technically yes, however it was already stated that everything the piece has done can also be done by an actual person, so it doesn't make Beato any less cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Just thought it would be kinda weird for Battler to fall in love with someone after only spending what "felt" like a few hours with them. Not really a big deal either way I guess. Obviously there could be more to it since my knowledge of it all is extremely limited.

That 7 & 8 hype. Will have to remember to look forward to those two. Will post some stuff after I'm done reading the next couple chapters in an hour or so
    It's definitely not a few hours, the actual time they spend together is unknown but it was far, far more than mere hours. Their relationship is more complex than that simply falling in love with each other while playing the game, but you'll see.

Every episode is something you should be looking forward to. Just because those two episodes are my favorite, it doesn't mean you'll like them as much as I do. As I mentioned before, each episode is different from others. At least a majority of them.

Sure, I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    About that big hint, are you talking about Will's talk with Shannon or Lion's appearance? I don't remember any hints at the beginning besides those two.

Do you remember any outstanding moments in the episode seven? As far as I know, everything in the manga is pretty much the same as in the visual novel. Aside from the 'funeral', that is. However...
    The big hint is the same with VN
    Will's talk with Shannon

I feel like that's something Dofla has to decide by himself, whether to watch that of part the visual novel and assume the meaning of Will's words or read the manga and get a straight answer of what actually happened in on Rokkenjima on that day. I'd love him to have the best possible experience with Umineko, but I'd rather not to force himself to do something he doesn't want. Well, it's better to just ask him.
    I'm not forcing him lol.
    I'm just saying that manga give explicit answers and well... If he still wants to try deducing the answer then he won't have the luxury if he had finished eps 7 first

By the time you realize it, you'll say "wait, so that's why it is like that"

Anyway eps 7 of manga explicitly said the answer. And a very big hint (kinda) at quite the beginning. So it's time to sit back and rethink if you want to deduce the answers yourself

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually an interesting idea.. We know at the very least that Battler should be able to solve the room logic error from the method used anyway

Will I be able to figure it out now with red truths alone?

Will I be able to figure it out now with red truths alone?
    Don't forget the heart

Don't forget the heart
    What heart? Whose heart? Where's the heart?

What heart? Whose heart? Where's the heart?

Beato's

Beato's
    I think I remember something in E3 about seeing her heart.

But magic isn't real so how can that be important?

Started Episode 7.

Who the fuck are Lion and Willard?

Willard is like... the personification of competent reader lmao

Willard is like... the personification of competent reader lmao
    He's making me look bad

He's making me look bad
    at what point of chapter 7 are you right now?

what kind of shits have he done lol?

at what point of chapter 7 are you right now?

what kind of shits have he done lol?
    I thought Erika was a Mary Sue, but I'd take her over this guy any day.

I'm caught up with Kinzo and Beatrice's backstory, and how they came across the gold. Interesting stuff.

The intelligence level of people in Umineko is just way above standards lol

Pretty sure that Bernkastel also knows the answer of the mystery from the 4 game alone

Not like Bern doesn't have experience.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    I failed big time at deducing how the culprit committed the murders. It was mostly due to one simple factor:

I assumed the family deep down was good people.
    ​​

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

The intelligence level of people in Umineko is just way above standards lol

Pretty sure that Bernkastel also knows the answer of the mystery from the 4 game alone
    I guess me and her have that in commom

So Battler's sin was that he made some vague promise to Shannon and didn't follow through on it?

When he was 12?

So Battler's sin was that he made some vague promise to Shannon and didn't follow through on it?

When he was 12?
    I genuinely think Umineko is one of the best weeb stories out there

but sometimes...some-fucking-times, it is so, soooo stupid. This is one of those times. The love aspect was poorly done, which is why most people are disappointed post episode 5. The idea is that Rokkenjima was sitting a metaphorical and literal bomb. Literal being the explosives. Metaphorical being the compilation of all their sins (mainly the shitty adults) exploding in the form of Shannon losing his/her mind thanks to Battler's sin...which realistically was fucking nothing. His mom died, his father cheated on her in the meanwhile and got remarried. Battler was 12 at the time, which makes Shannon's hatred look silly and unwarranted where he's concerned.

At least now you know why Battler was a dick to Chick Beato in EP6. He didn't want to turn out like Kinzo.