Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Super Smash Bros. Switch

It's happening guys. Though, all we have is this teaser:

I spy BOTW Link, so this probably isn't a port of the Wii U game.

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    I think it will be the same game as the wii U, just with some minor upgrades to visual and 6 -12 new characters added to the rooster.

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlending View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it will be the same game as the wii U, just with some minor upgrades to visual and 6 -12 new characters added to the rooster.
    I'm worried about that, but it would be a massive dick move to hype the game up like this and not be upfront about it being an updated port, and I doubt that Nintendo is stupid enough to do that.

The supposed 2018 release date is worrying, but I could easily see it getting delayed.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Damn you, Nintendo.

I also doubt it’ll be a port. Remember, Super Smash Bros 4 was also for the 3DS.

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    I'm worried about that, but it would be a massive dick move to hype the game up like this and not be upfront about it being an updated port, and I doubt that Nintendo is stupid enough to do that.

The supposed 2018 release date is worrying, but I could easily see it getting delayed.
    I can't imagine Nintendo will port an older Smash title with just new characters.

But that date is a little alarming. Most likely this has been in development for a long ass time, but it still feels like it's a little sooner than it should be.

Wasn't Odyssey announced in the same year it came out?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Link from BotW at 0:53

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

This is certainly interesting.

Inkling is a good and logical addition, they should have been prioritized in the last game over the likes of Corrin.

please dont suck

Here's a screenshot of the silhouette's from the trailer: https://www.dropbox.com/s/khrqd5tfeh...00.55.png?dl=0

In addition to Mario and Link, I can make out Samus, Bowser, Peach, DK, Kirby, Pikachu, Pit, Wario, Sheik, and maybe Marth and Luigi. All safe bets, but it's still fun to see them be confirmed. I'd imagine that Fox is probably in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This is certainly interesting.

Inkling is a good and logical addition, they should have been prioritized in the last game over the likes of Corrin.
    They were definitely the most likely addition to this game, and probably the last character who's inclusion was a safe bet.

Other than maybe ARMS since its recent, Nintendo is kinda out of franchises to add to this game. I honestly can't thank of any other obvious newcomers except for the token new Pokemon, which will probably be Decidueye.

They were definitely the most likely addition to this game, and probably the last character who's inclusion was a safe bet.

Other than maybe ARMS since its recent, Nintendo is kinda out of franchises to add to this game. I honestly can't thank of any other obvious newcomers except for the token new Pokemon, which will probably be Decidueye.
    I can see the inclusion of the cut characters, Ice Climbers and Wolf. Ice Climbers had a unique gimmick and were ready for the previous installment, but got cut because they couldn't function on the 3DS, but the Switch is powerful enough that it won't be an issue. I'm not sure why Wolf was removed, probably just wasn't high priority, but Star Fox Zero launched after Smash came out and there were the fans of him so that's always an option on the table.

Good thing about the Smash Ballot though is they can still look at that to see which characters were highest requested for the previous game. Maybe they can reach out and get that K Rool who was a highly requested pick. Ridley had insane demand to the point Sakurai had to flat out release statements about how he's heard the requests but didn't know how to incorporate the character because of his size, with hype around the new Metroid game perhaps he'll reconsider or even be provided a newly updated design from MP4 that might lend itself better to Smash. There's usually at least one oddball surprise choice in the mix to look out for

Name should be better than switch.

I'm indifferent to rest.

Just watched the Direct.

Looks like Nintendo is still really pushing Arms and wants it to become a big IP for them so I think they are pretty likely at the end of it all. Nothing else too noteworthy, but they're remaking the Crash Bandicoot trilogy for the Switch, so I'm guessing that's our next 3rd party for the game.

Crash in smash would be

Crash is perfect for smash.

Also that would be the greatest cucking Sony felt this year

Exciting news

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    Crash is perfect for smash.

Also that would be the greatest cucking Sony felt this year
    How is that cucking Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Exciting news

How is that cucking Sony?
    Because they didn't bother putting Crash in their own shitty crossover fighting game, even though he was like the most requested character.

Crash just fucking tornadoing everyone in the fight

abra! kadabra! alakazam!

Because they didn't bother putting Crash in their own shitty crossover fighting game, even though he was like the most requested character.
    knowing Activision it would probably cost them a lot just to put him in that a failure of a game. it would do good for Switch, but seeing as they already got the decade promised remake out of the way. i don't think they care that much.