Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: Gorilla vs Lion

  1. #21
    Banned Whitebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,572
    The lion. It's better equiped and has an overall more aggressive nature. Gorillas are actually hunted by big cats. They are strong sure, but a lion is more agile and has fangs and claws. Primates have no layer of protection below their skin so claws and fangs can be deadly since they strike the blood vessels right away.

  2. #22
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,994
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how many predatory animals kill their prey solo?
    Most predators aren't pack animals

  3. #23
    ReXDrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most predators aren't pack animals
    Youre talking about smaller scale animals.

    The only "big" land dwelling carnivores I can think of that generally hunt alone are tigers, pumas, and leopards, and theyre using ambush tactics against smaller animals most of the time






    Not everyone dies because they want to die.

    Most of them die against their will

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youre talking about smaller scale animals.

    The only "big" land dwelling carnivores I can think of that generally hunt alone are tigers, pumas, and leopards, and theyre using ambush tactics against smaller animals most of the time
    Jaguars too. But anyway;

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1qTtlPTHo

  5. #25
    ihascaketoo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In Vienna eating Cake
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless, a male Lion IS capable of taking down cape Buffalo and similarly sized animals by itself, I linked the accounts of Lions taking down bears as well. Solo take downs aren't as common but we're talking about a hypothetical fight to the death, we're assuming the combatants aren't walking away, so these feats are entirely relevant.

    A buffalo has horns and can gore a Lion. That's way more valuable than anything the gorilla has.

    Biting force does not mean Gorillas are superior biters. It's just one metric. A gorilla cannot open its mouth as wide, its head is not prominent, its teeth aren't as sharp. A Lion's bite is clearly more deadly. Wouldn't be surprised if the Gorilla couldn't get a bite in (especially since it's screaming in pain)

    Gorilla's are strong but will struggle to get a Lion that weighs just as much as it does off of him, while the Lion is latched. If he does, the Lion will probably get back on its feet pretty fast, maybe get some distance, and go for the next attack. Gorilla isn't exactly going to pin him down.

    And

    > Gorilla's skull is as strong as steel

    Lmao, a bite to the head will mean it's over for the gorilla (Hint - you don't have to pierce the skull to die in this fashion)

    Most of your argument is just over exaggerated anime tier scenario that has no basis in how an animal fight actually goes down. The Gorilla isn't going to tear a Lion's limbs clean off, get outta here lol

    That's even worse for the Lion, if he can't run away he's dead for sure. As I posted before Lion hunts aren't always successful, you can't say it's only because the buffaloes run away. Let's say 3/10 times a lion gets its meal, the other 7/10 times include instances of the video I showed you where lion's get thrown off a buffaloes back, get chased off because the risks are too great, or end up in the dirt dead and full of regret. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's odds are good.

    Not really as Lions are more adept at hunting buffaloes instead of gorillas. Buffaloes are a lot more immobile and defenseless against lions than gorillas are, a straight charge and good gore to the lion would require the buffalo to engage on the lion from a distance and create that speed needed to build up a powerful charge. Most times you see Buffaloes using their horns to try and gore a lion and lose to a lion is when it's got no room to build up momentum and just tries to desperately shake a lion off itself. Show me a clip of a buffalo charging a lion from a distance and dying to the lion after, it's pretty hard if not impossible to find. The clips you showed of a lone Lion hunting underdeveloped buffaloes where of them on the run defenseless from a predator made to specifically kill it in that fashion.

    It means it can crush its ribcage if it wanted to or use it defensively to bite a lion back should it reach it in a frontal assault, what a difference it must be from a buffalo who wouldn't even be able to bite back. They use their teeth to eat trees for god sake and why would they need to be sharp in order to do crush bones not considering the fact that they do have sharp teeth in the form of canines.

    Not when it has arm muscles incomparable to a buffaloes. Gorillas can lift up to 1800 pounds and throw with a force close to 1000 pounds, how exactly would it struggle to pick up a lion even while latched on. The lion only has claws in its front paws which further imposes it's inability to stay latched onto the neck.

    It's what the lion will be biting, gorillas have huge heads and almost no neck so even in a perfect scenario where the lion would somehow latch onto the gorillas neck despite the gorilla having a huge arm span advantage being able to knock the lion down or immediately throwing the lion off with his strength there's no chance of the lion dealing a fatal blow in a frontal attack. Gorillas are more mobile than buffaloes at fending a lion off.


    Exactly what part of my arguments are exaggerated? You said most so I'm holding you up to that, disprove over 50% of what I said in my discussion. I'm linking sources and debating fairly where as your best remarks are shot down and all you're left with is the ability to insult me.

    Btw they can rip off limbs if they so chose to so please tell me again what part of my arguments are exaggerated? https://www.quora.com/Can-a-gorilla-...%E2%80%99s-arm

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have thought a Gorrilla, but i follow more big cats than monkeys.



    A male lion can kill a Buffalo on its own, definitely a female in any case and a bull in rare occasions. Quite rare due to the difficulty/risk and because lions are social animals. There is footage on youtube and any guides will tell you it happens (i watch Sarari live most days which is a 3 hour live safari in the kruger + massai mara, twice a day, every day, though i only watch 1 live and skim the other he following day). It's more common in the Kruger National Park (less common in the massai mara because of other, easier prey species). It's not even true that lions always go for the throat vs buffalo - they bite down on the front of the mouth + nose, crushing it, and essentially 'drown' the buffalo in its own blood.

    I was just stating the unlikeliness I should've worded it better though, and yeah despite going for the neck/throat which is their primary way of killing a lion will also choose to bite it's victim's nose and mouth all in all it's the same strategy of suffocating it's prey to slow down it's movements i.e. preventing oxygen from reaching the brain or making the prey choke on it's own blood. Pretty gruesome.

    I don't see a lion being able to do that to a gorilla though, it's got a stronger biting force with the more favorable ability to bite back unlike a Buffalo
    Last edited by ihascaketoo!; 03-05-2018 at 06:56 AM.


  6. #26
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Derylsharpe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's even worse for the Lion, if he can't run away he's dead for sure. As I posted before Lion hunts aren't always successful, you can't say it's only because the buffaloes run away. Let's say 3/10 times a lion gets its meal, the other 7/10 times include instances of the video I showed you where lion's get thrown off a buffaloes back, get chased off because the risks are too great, or end up in the dirt dead and full of regret. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's odds are good.

    Not really as Lions are more adept at hunting buffaloes instead of gorillas. Buffaloes are a lot more immobile and defenseless against lions than gorillas are, a straight charge and good gore to the lion would require the buffalo to engage on the lion from a distance and create that speed needed to build up a powerful charge. Most times you see Buffaloes using their horns to try and gore a lion and lose to a lion is when it's got no room to build up momentum and just tries to desperately shake a lion off itself. Show me a clip of a buffalo charging a lion from a distance and dying to the lion after, it's pretty hard if not impossible to find. The clips you showed of a lone Lion hunting underdeveloped buffaloes where of them on the run defenseless from a predator made to specifically kill it in that fashion.

    It means it can crush its ribcage if it wanted to or use it defensively to bite a lion back should it reach it in a frontal assault, what a difference it must be from a buffalo who wouldn't even be able to bite back. They use their teeth to eat trees for god sake and why would they need to be sharp in order to do crush bones not considering the fact that they do have sharp teeth in the form of canines.

    Not when it has arm muscles incomparable to a buffaloes. Gorillas can lift up to 1800 pounds and throw with a force close to 1000 pounds, how exactly would it struggle to pick up a lion even while latched on. The lion only has claws in its front paws which imposes it's inability to stay latched onto the neck.

    It's what the lion will be biting, gorillas have huge heads and almost no neck so even in a perfect scenario where the lion would somehow latch onto the gorillas neck despite the gorilla having a huge arm span advantage being able to knock the lion down or immediately throwing the lion off with his strength there's no chance of the lion dealing a fatal blow in a frontal attack. Gorillas are more mobile than buffaloes at fending a lion off.

    Exactly what part of my arguments are exaggerated? You said most so I'm holding you up to that, disprove over 50% of what I said in my discussion. I'm linking sources and debating fairly where as your best remarks are shot down and all you're left with is the ability to insult me.

    Btw they can rip off limbs if they so chose to so please tell me again what part of my arguments are exaggerated? https://www.quora.com/Can-a-gorilla-...%E2%80%99s-arm

    - - - Updated - - -



    I was just stating the unlikeliness I should've worded it better though, and yeah despite going for the neck/throat which is their primary way of killing a lion will also choose to bite it's victim's nose and mouth all in all it's the same strategy of suffocating it's prey to slow down it's movements i.e. preventing oxygen from reaching the brain or making the prey choke on it's own blood. Pretty gruesome.

    I don't see a lion being able to do that to a gorilla though, it's got a stronger biting force with the more favorable ability to bite back unlike a Buffalo
    You're intentionally avoiding the important parts of this argument. The Lion can obviously hurt the Gorilla severely. The Gorilla cannot do the same in return. If you think a Gorilla can break a Lion's ribcage in one blow or rip its limbs off you are severely overestimating the strength of a Gorilla.

    The Lion pounces, latches on to the Gorilla, and gores it with a bite. The Gorilla can try and get it off but the Lion is latched on tightly so even if he can - the Lion will be taking a chunk of flesh with him.

    You don't understand that biting pressure =/= damage that can be done with a bite. Lion, again, has a much larger mouth and much larger teeth. The Gorilla's mouth is small and doesn't protrude. It can't do anything meaningful against a Lion with its bite - its jaw strength is to help chew vegetation and shit.

    Your last source amounts to what some random guy on quora said so you really haven't provided anything besides the pack hunting thing which really isn't relevant to this fight. Documented accounts that Lions have killed Grizzlies should be more than sufficient evidence they can kill a weaker animal, now quit wanking that Gorilla dick
    Last edited by Ultra; 03-05-2018 at 07:03 AM.

  7. #27
    ihascaketoo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In Vienna eating Cake
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're intentionally avoiding the important parts of this argument. The Lion can obviously hurt the Gorilla severely. The Gorilla cannot do the same in return. If you think a Gorilla can break a Lion's ribcage in one blow or rip its limbs off you are severely overestimating the strength of a Gorilla.

    The Lion pounces, latches on to the Gorilla, and gores it with a bite. The Gorilla can try and get it off but the Lion is latched on tightly so even if he can - the Lion will be taking a chunk of flesh with him.

    You don't understand that biting pressure =/= damage that can be done with a bite. Lion, again, has a much larger mouth and much larger teeth. The Gorilla's mouth is small and doesn't protrude. It can't do anything meaningful against a Lion with its bite - its jaw strength is to help chew vegetation and shit.

    Your sources amount to some random guy on quora so you really haven't provided anything. Documented accounts that Lions have killed Grizzlies should be more than sufficient evidence they can kill a weaker animal, now quit wanking that Gorilla dick
    You're the one who chose to avoid the argument when you posted this instead of debunking my claims. What happened to most of my argument being an exaggeration? I do believe you have to prove me wrong in order to have some form of credence.

    No you just nitpicked a source and where it came from. There are stories of chimpanzees who are inferior to gorillas in strength ripping off people's faces and hands. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...victim-3091674 With that much raw strength you don't think a gorilla could twist and pull a limb off? A simple google search would tell you different. You're delusional


  8. #28
    A gorilla could definitely do some damage with it's bite lmao. It's mouth isn't exactly what I would call small.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

  9. #29
    Lion obviously. Gorillas are often hunted by leopards, though the smaller ones but still a lion is much more powerful than a leopard.

    A lion has much more experience in fighting to death than a gorilla. Lions fight daily and can take down much larger prays than a gorilla where gorillas don't even fight often.
    Last edited by Aether; 03-05-2018 at 10:46 AM.


  10. #30
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Derylsharpe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're the one who chose to avoid the argument when you posted this instead of debunking my claims. What happened to most of my argument being an exaggeration? I do believe you have to prove me wrong in order to have some form of credence.

    No you just nitpicked a source and where it came from. There are stories of chimpanzees who are inferior to gorillas in strength ripping off people's faces and hands. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...victim-3091674 With that much raw strength you don't think a gorilla could twist and pull a limb off? A simple google search would tell you different. You're delusional
    ...lions are not people

    Ripping off chunks of flesh from a giant cat who has fur and a strtchy hide, or ripping off limbs from a very powerful 4 legged creature would probably be impossible for the gorilla.

    And no, I don't have to systematically go through your long ass post and address everything because most of it is weak or irrelevant."Gorillas are slightly more resistant to getting their asshole whooped because thick skull" was basically your point. You've brought up little of how Gorillas actually fight in the wild or how they can take down a Lion and not just struggle, it's mostly silly conjecture.
    Last edited by Ultra; 03-05-2018 at 03:26 PM.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Derylsharpe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - - - Updated - - -

    I was just stating the unlikeliness I should've worded it better though, and yeah despite going for the neck/throat which is their primary way of killing a lion will also choose to bite it's victim's nose and mouth all in all it's the same strategy of suffocating it's prey to slow down it's movements i.e. preventing oxygen from reaching the brain or making the prey choke on it's own blood. Pretty gruesome.

    I don't see a lion being able to do that to a gorilla though, it's got a stronger biting force with the more favorable ability to bite back unlike a Buffalo
    I think that if a lion was to fight a gorilla, it wouldn't go for the mouth/throat. When male lions fight eachother to the death, the usual damage is a broken back. Often times, crippled back legs too.

    Though the majorty of lion fights to the death are a numbers game so that effects their methods.

  12. #32
    AS_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    157
    The way I see it is, under the right circumstances a Gorilla (Silverback) can win but a Lion has a better chance because they have sharp claws. A lion can run 50 mph in short bursts while a Gorilla is 20 mph so they are less mobile. A lion has a better chance at kiting the Gorilla and taking swipes at it and running away. But if the Lion makes a mistake it will probably die, a Gorilla can hit strong enough to break appendages decreasing mobility and the likelihood of escaping to come back and strike again dramatically decreases.

    It is a lot easier for a Lion to kill the Gorilla when it only has to aim for the neck, not only that but their livelihood stakes on killing bigger animals, a Gorilla's does not. I mean a Gorilla isn't an easy target, just look at bite force and body strength. They are scary fuckers too, but it just isn't in their nature to hunt like a predator.




  13. #33
    Say my name Ultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    83,994
    Bumping because niggas STILL don't get it

  14. #34
    The UBDs animal fighting arc was surprisingly interesting. shame it lasted such a short time

  15. #35
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    13,677
    Leopards hunt smaller Gorillas, but i've never heard of a silver back getting killed by one. a gorilla can kill a lion, but more times than not a lion would win. i see some downplay on both sides here, but a lion is the most vicious one here despite both of them being built to fight.

    if gorilla grabs it, i could see it sending the lion to snap city, but they like to smack and bash more then anything. a lion will always fight to kill

  16. #36
    THICC a Faggot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Planet of the weebs
    Posts
    2,558
    Gorilla's bite is one of the strongest in the jungle world
    That coupled with its superior physical strength and durability makes this a win for the Gorilla mid diff
    Last edited by a Faggot; 06-06-2018 at 08:48 PM.




  17. #37
    Banned COV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    9,978
    Gorilla takes this

  18. #38
    gorilla parts have been found in leopard shit

    if leopard can do it the much stronger lion can do it better
    lion no diff

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by a Faggot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gorilla's bite is the strongest in the jungle world
    That coupled with its superior physical strength and durability makes this a win for the Gorilla mid diff
    u srs?
    im pretty sure a crocodile or hippo bites harder than a gorilla

  19. #39
    Yea crocodile has the highest bite force.


  20. #40
    THICC a Faggot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Planet of the weebs
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    gorilla parts have been found in leopard shit

    if leopard can do it the much stronger lion can do it better
    lion no diff

    - - - Updated - - -


    u srs?
    im pretty sure a crocodile or hippo bites harder than a gorilla
    You're right
    A quick google search says that Croco's have the strongest bite
    But Gorilla's bite is still stronger than a lion's
    Last edited by a Faggot; 06-06-2018 at 08:47 PM.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •