Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gorilla vs Lion

baste Hunterchad/Jobro Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    more animal threads pls

anyway Lion still owns

Quote Originally Posted by a Faggot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gorilla's bite is one of the strongest in the jungle world
    That coupled with its superior physical strength and durability makes this a win for the Gorilla mid diff
    Here's one of multiple accounts of Leopards killing Gorillas

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...YTQucG5n/?ref=

Also

> Stronger bite
    > Durability

Why do you battledome guys have such a poor understanding of real world fights

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Here's one of multiple accounts of Leopards killing Gorillas

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...YTQucG5n/?ref=

Also
    > Stronger bite
    > Durability

Why do you battledome guys have such a poor understanding of real world fights
    Gorilla's are never out for the kill which gets them killed and hunted down most of the time
    but this is a battle so I assume both fighters are bloodlusted and at their strongest therefore the Gorilla won't hold back his punch
    Leopard's don't hunt down silverback gorilla's

I'm not basing my opinion on real life I'm basing it on their stats and abilities and the Gorilla seems to be the superior

Gorilla's are never out for the kill which gets them killed and hunted down most of the time
    but this is a battle so I assume both fighters are bloodlusted and at their strongest therefore the Gorilla won't hold back his punch
    Leopard's don't hunt down silverback gorilla's

I'm not basing my opinion on real life I'm basing it on their stats and abilities and the Gorilla seems to be the superior
    Gorilla punches are a meme. How does a punch kill anything its own size.

Leopards and Lions both have massive advantage in killing equipment and that clearly goes a long way despite "stats". Which btw seem silly because the Lion is bigger and probably has more muscle mass.

I also have yet to see a source on these figures, you have to question how trustworthy the source is.

Lion wins this.

Its not that gorillas are not badasses, but people are underestimating just how much more formidable a Lion is. People’s views of what gorillas are capable of are probably tainted due stuff like king kong. That shit doesn’t fly in real life. Lions(even solo) are one of the most formidable predators on the planet capable of bringing down large game like buffaloes and Giraffes. Having said that i’m not necessarily saying that a lion would normallywin against a large bull giraffe or cape buffalo.

Gorilla punches are a meme. How does a punch kill anything its own size.

Leopards and Lions both have massive advantage in killing equipment and that clearly goes a long way despite "stats". Which btw seem silly because the Lion is bigger and probably has more muscle mass.

I also have yet to see a source on these figures, you have to question how trustworthy the source is.
    Lions are very fragile in some parts of their body while the Gorilla's are tanks
    a Gorilla's bite like I said is stronger ( 1,300 pounds per square inch for the Gorilla as opposed to the Lion's 650)

you think that the Lion will win because he is better equipped to killing and technically you are correct
    but like I said I am basing my opinion off of their overall abilities not what would happen irl scenario between the two

Lions are very fragile in some parts of their body while the Gorilla's are tanks
    a Gorilla's bite like I said is stronger ( 1,300 pounds per square inch for the Gorilla as opposed to the Lion's 650)

you think that the Lion will win because he is better equipped to killing and technically you are correct
    but like I said I am basing my opinion off of their overall abilities not what would happen irl scenario between the two
    ...What? How are gorillas tanks? They're flesh and bone.

...What? How are gorillas tanks? They're flesh and bone.
    so because they are flesh and bone they can't possible be able to take any sort of damage

so because they are flesh and bone they can't possible be able to take any sort of damage
    I'm just saying it doesn't make sense irl. That's a fictional parameter. If Lion guts a gorilla, chomps on a major artery, etc

Not even sure how they're "durable"

I'm just saying it doesn't make sense irl. That's a fictional parameter. If Lion guts a gorilla, chomps on a major artery, etc

Not even sure how they're "durable"
    they are durable just based on their size I meant
    a normal 150lbs human wouldn't be able to take down a 200lbs human right ?

Gorilla
    >Longer reach
    >More teeth
    >Stronger bite force
    >More intelligent
    >High testosterone levels make it more aggressive in actual fights
    >Non-existent neck (makes it hard for the Lion to suffocate or pierce a vital vein)
    >Steel like skull
    >More mobile (will be hard for the Lion to attack from behind)
    >More muscular

Lions
    >Nature's Kit-Kat bar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Leopards hunt smaller Gorillas, but i've never heard of a silver back getting killed by one. a gorilla can kill a lion, but more times than not a lion would win. i see some downplay on both sides here, but a lion is the most vicious one here despite both of them being built to fight.

if gorilla grabs it, i could see it sending the lion to snap city, but they like to smack and bash more then anything. a lion will always fight to kill
    I always got the impression that they cower when hurt and lose confidence in a hunt. Same with their fights they do fight to the death sometimes because backing down isn't always an option. If they get injured and are at bigger risk of severe injury than I see a lion backing down or at least losing some of it's will and aggression. There's a reason they hunt in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    Gorilla
    >Longer reach
    >More teeth
    >Stronger bite force
    >More intelligent
    >High testosterone levels make it more aggressive in actual fights
    >Non-existent neck (makes it hard for the Lion to suffocate or pierce a vital vein)
    >Steel like skull
    >More mobile (will be hard for the Lion to attack from behind)
    >More muscular

Lions
    >Nature's Kit-Kat bar

- - - Updated - - -

I always got the impression that they cower when hurt and lose confidence in a hunt. Same with their fights they do fight to the death sometimes because backing down isn't always an option. If they get injured and are at bigger risk of severe injury than I see a lion backing down or at least losing some of it's will and aggression. There's a reason they hunt in numbers.
    Gorilla's ain't shit dude. Steel skull? More mobile? Are you fucking serious

This is a real life animal and an evolutionary cousin not some manga character you nerd

In the real world, Jaguars hunt them down. Big cats are killing MACHINES. Claws and teeth make a huge difference against soft fleshy targets like the gorilla. Drop the spergy battledome mentality, Lions have feats of killing both prey larger than the gorilla and even bears. A Gorilla could maybe overpower and toss around a Jaguar, even though I can't even find an account of this happening. A Gorilla would get helplessly slaughtered by a Lion. It would be a stomp. I'd bet thousands on the Lion. What the fuck can a Gorilla do? State one way it can ACTUALLY kill a Lion.

I can't emphasize enough how delusional you are. Your head is certainly thicker than a Gorilla's

This is a real life animal and an evolutionary cousin not some manga character you nerd

In the real world, Jaguars hunt them down. Big cats are killing MACHINES. Claws and teeth make a huge difference against soft fleshy targets like the gorilla. Drop the spergy battledome mentality, Lions have feats of killing both prey larger than the gorilla and even bears. A Gorilla could maybe overpower and toss around a Jaguar, even though I can't even find an account of this happening. A Gorilla would get helplessly slaughtered by a Lion. It would be a stomp. I'd bet thousands on the Lion. What the fuck can a Gorilla do? State one way it can ACTUALLY kill a Lion.

I can't emphasize enough how delusional you are. Your head is certainly thicker than a Gorilla's
    But they do have those features look it up lol and if you're lazy I'll post em.

Jaguars don't hunt them. They're not even from the same locations and you're calling me delusional

You can't find an instance because they don't live in the same area and don't interact you doofus

Quote Originally Posted by D View Post
    But they do have those features look it up lol and if you're lazy I'll post em.

Jaguars don't hunt them. They're not even from the same locations and you're calling me delusional

You can't find an instance because they don't live in the same area and don't interact you doofus
    Oh, I was mistaken, they get killed by Leopards, which are even weaker

Lion will win. Silverback gorillas have been killed by leopards before.

Circumstances surrounding Silverback deaths by Leopards sure like to be conveniently ignored.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

You realize the steel skull thing is, in all likelihood, not an exaggeration, right? Disregarding that, how can you laugh that off when you're probably not even considering what aspect of the skull's strength we're measuring. I guarantee you a lion isn't going to be shattering a Gorilla's skull, if that's what was implied.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Oh, I was mistaken, they get killed by Leopards, which are even weaker
    You mean the "tales of a tourist" where it hunted sick dying prey? Or when it hunts female and baby gorillas?

Yeah not surprised. Show me a leopard killing a silverback in a straight up brawl. Implying a leopard can actually kill a prime silverback gorilla in a fair fight

Oh and give me some more of those links where a large lion kills a baby polar bear and almost dies right after. Those are hilarious too

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and btw leopards pound for pound are stronger than lions, Jaguars have more than double a lions bite strength able to pierce through skulls, gorillas have more teeth than lions and a similar bite strength to a jaguar able to chew through bamboo, meanwhile a lion has one of the weakest bites out of the big cats.

Get your facts straight Jaguars in Africa, lions having more teeth than gorillas. Yeah I'm the delusional one alright